LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded
elf lvr
Posted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 7:14 pm
--- description ---
When the three hunters just aren’t enough, who ya gonna call? GANDALF!
--- end description ---

You may have read my article on Aragorn, DoFP. Many people said it just looked like a decklist. well, here’s my new and improved decklist. Enjoy!

Starting Fellowship:
Gimli, Bearer of Grudges
The One Ring, Ring of Rings
Legolas, Companion of the Ring

Companions:
Aragorn, Defender of Free Peoples x3
Gandalf, Leader of the Company x3

Possessions/Artifacts:
Long Knives of Legolas
Bow of the Galadhrim
Arod, Rohirrim Steed
Well-Crafted Armor
Ring of Fury
Gimli’s Helm
Gimli’s Battle Axe, Trusted Weapon
Glamdring, Foe-Hammer
Anduril, Flame of the West
Asfaloth, Elven Steed

Conditions:
Hearts Raised
G for Grand x2
My Axe is Notched
Strength of Arms
Watch and Wait
Final Count
Agility x2
Chamber of Records
The Tale of Gil-Galad

Followers:
Pallando, Far-Travelling One
Alatar, Final Envoy

Events:
Valor x3
Awkward Moment x2

Grill the deck as much as you want. This is mostly pre-hunters, if there are any hunters cards that you think would help, tell me. thanks!
Last edited by elf lvr on Fri Aug 04, 2006 3:20 pm; edited 2 times in totalHappy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 9:44 pm
Uncertain Future is awesome with DoFP. It’s unique though, so maybe you should drop an Agility and add one UF.
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
elf lvr
Posted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 12:45 pm
Anybody else? anything?

Is anybody out there? (out there) (out there) (out there)

that was an echo
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
elf lvr
Posted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 11:49 am
ANYBODY?!?
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
PorterTroll
Posted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 12:03 pm
why are you using Gimli, Bearer of Grudges? if you use him, he wont be able to be one of your main skirmishers bc of his threat adding/burden adding cost., also, you might as well add another 2 cost companion in your starting fellowship even if you do want to keep the gimli ring-bearer

just use Frodo and use a better gimli such as. (my personal favorite non-ringbearer gimli) Gimli, Lord of the Glittering Caves.
"Don't be a Douche, Stop Piracy!"~Tenacious D
"One of my movies was called "True Lies." It's what the Democrats should have called their convention."~Arnold Schwarzenegger
elf lvr
Posted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 12:05 pm
well, if i use frodo instead of gimli against a swarms deck, id get screwed. frodo is a weakness and a liability. and i have glamdring, watch and wait, and hearts raised to deal with burdens and threats. gimli’s battle axe triggers off of threats, as well. what other companion to you suggest i use?
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
PorterTroll
Posted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 12:10 pm
you might just want to inclued Gandalf, leader of men in your starting fellowship, hes not as good as gandalf, leader of the company, but its better than wasting the extra 2 twilight you have to use in your starting fellowship
"Don't be a Douche, Stop Piracy!"~Tenacious D
"One of my movies was called "True Lies." It's what the Democrats should have called their convention."~Arnold Schwarzenegger
elf lvr
Posted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 12:12 pm
i am currently messing around with the deck and now i start with gandalf, and have three copies of legolas.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 1:02 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
You might want to experiment with Hunters cards. For example...using Aragorn, Thorongil and the new Legolas (Rare). The new Gandalf won’t work, he’s a hobbit-only sort of Gandalf!
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
elf lvr
Posted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 1:45 pm
the new legolas, maybe. but not thorongil. even if i could get a copy. DoFP is what this deck is made for. With him, Gimli’s helm, Well Crafted armor, and any dwarf token card, gimli will never die because of wounds.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded