LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded
PorterTroll
Posted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 3:45 pm
add another 2 watch and wait and G for Grand. they work very well together.

you need the strength bonus from G for Grand in this deck, and without those watch and wait cards, you could have trouble keeping the burdens off. Cool
"Don't be a Douche, Stop Piracy!"~Tenacious D
"One of my movies was called "True Lies." It's what the Democrats should have called their convention."~Arnold Schwarzenegger
ulaireapologeia
Posted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 6:32 pm
i like it. it seems pretty put together. i keep trying a hunters version with wingfoot, dauntless hunter and lockbearer. that is a hard deck to get going. any help with that would be appreciated.

btb, i love the gandalf addition.
elf lvr
Posted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 9:16 pm
well, now that there are more unbound hobbits than just merry and pip, why not try a hobbit token subtheme? or maybe everyone knows, if you have the room.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
elf lvr
Posted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 12:59 am
i have been trying out a new version with the hunters companions that works pretty well. The goal of the freeps is to be as beastly as possible and live. The shadow is enduring nazzie swarm. how does that work, do you ask? its simple! any nazgul shadow will do! I use Shapes Slowly Advancing to put one copy of each of the nine on the bottom of my deck (except for the witch-king, the toil 2 one of course. i play him and Out of Sight and Shot) I use cards like There came a cry and dark swooping shadows to add threats, as well as Winged and ominious for twilight. Then, when my deck is running low, i use Forth the Three Hunters and Gimli to pull a ton of cards. Then, i use Dark Ways (also good for threats with Gimli’s Battle Axe) to heal him and draw even more cards. With this, i can draw up to 10 cards. Then i just dump my freeps hand and save the eight nazgul i put beneath my deck. Preferably in region three (for more twilight) i make the site Fangorn Glade for tons of twilight (gondor with bow of minas tirith, or rohan with javelins!) and unload my Winged And Ominous to add to the pool. Then I begin dishing out nazgul, using Ghastly Host to reduce the cost of my nazgul with the threats i added. Finally, i discard Out of Sight and Shot to toil out the witch-king for free, for a potential nine-nazgul swarm! howdya like them apples!
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
elf lvr
Posted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 12:29 pm
bump
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Pipeweed
Posted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 12:33 pm
Enduring Nazzie Swarm. Hmm Think I like that idea Very Happy Please post a current decklist.
Pipeweed's Haves/Wants: 100 NEW RARES!!
How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Cycle Engine
Joe Meets God: A Humorous Article on a Budget

GP http://fxhome.com/userref.php/11923 GP
elf lvr
Posted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 12:55 pm
Here ya go! (and they just won another playtest game a coupla minutes ago! i am so happy!)

Frodo, Weary From the Journey
The One Ring, Such a Weight to Carry
Legolas, Of the Woodland Realm S
Gimli, Eager Hunter S
Aragorn, Swift Hunter x2
Gandalf, Leader of the Company x3
Bounder
Pallando, Far-Travelling One
G for Grand x2
No Quicker Path x2
The Tale of Gil-Galad
Endurance of Dwarves
My Axe is Notched x2
Final Count x2
Dark Ways
Forth The Three Hunters! x2
Hobbit Sword
Ring of Fury
Gimli’s Helm
Gimli’s Battle Axe
Asfaloth, Elven Steed
Bow of the Galadhrim
Long-Knives of Legolas
Glamdring, Foe-Hammer x2
Anduril, Flame of the West
Valor x2
Awkward Moment x2
Seclustion x2

The Witch-King, Captain of the Nine Riders
The Witch-King, Black Captain
Ulaire Attea, Thrall of the One x2
Ulaire Toldea, Thrall of the One
Ulaire Enquea, Thrall of the One (Add burdens to remove for Woody-End)
Ulaire Cantea, Thrall of the One x2
Ulaire Nelya, Thrall of the One x2
Ulaire Lemenya, Lieutennant of Morgul x2
Ulaire Lemenya, Thrall of the One
Ulaire Otsea, Thrall of the One x2
Ulaire Nertea, Thrall of the One x2
Bill Ferny, Swarthy Sneering Fellow x2 (deadly for two Wraith minions to be skirmishing a companion with Lost in the Woods)
Lost in the Woods x4
Bent on Discovery x2
Out of Sight and Shot
Blade Tip x2
Black Breath x2
Moving This Way x2
Winged and Ominous
Hatred Stirred (the only way i can usually pull a second swarm, if they dont die in first and fierce skirmishes!)
Ghastly Host
Dark Swooping Shadows
There Came a Cry x2

It may look pretty hefty at 38/38, but i have yet to play a game in which i haven’t decked out.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Pipeweed
Posted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 1:00 pm
Cool Very Happy BTW, is that the Anduril, FotW that I traded to you a while back?
Pipeweed's Haves/Wants: 100 NEW RARES!!
How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Cycle Engine
Joe Meets God: A Humorous Article on a Budget

GP http://fxhome.com/userref.php/11923 GP
elf lvr
Posted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 1:00 pm
yep. cards from trades are popping up in all my decks!
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 2:15 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
elf lvr wrote:
yep. cards from trades are popping up in all my decks!

boy is that true for me How can you swarm?
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded