LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Open
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 1:22 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
I was wondering what an arche uruk hai deck looks like.

with weapons of isengard etc.

this is for my little bro. and he kinda needs to know pronto
so please respond
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Pipeweed
Posted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 2:07 pm
Here’s a deck you could try:

Shadow (37)

Minions (20)
2x Lurtz, Servant of Isengard
2x Orthanc Assassin
2x Elite Crossbowmen
2x Ranged Commander
4x Uruk Crossbow Troop
4x Uruk Crossbowman
2x Uruk Captain
2x Uruk Regular

Conditions
3x Covering Fire
2x Tower of Orthanc
4x Weapons of Isengard

Events
2x Abandoning Reason for Madness
4x Savagery to Match Their Numbers
2x Saruman’s Ambition

It uses all older cards, but it is still a nice deck. Just make sure you pair it with a FP half that cycles pretty well, as it weighs in at a hefty 37 cards.

Hope this helps Smile,
Pipeweed
Last edited by Pipeweed on Sun Jul 09, 2006 11:07 am; edited 1 time in totalPipeweed's Haves/Wants: 100 NEW RARES!!
How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Cycle Engine
Joe Meets God: A Humorous Article on a Budget

GP http://fxhome.com/userref.php/11923 GP
valkir
Posted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 3:51 pm
I’ve played against Uruk-Hai archers and I must say they’re pretty powerful.
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 4:08 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Using the ability can really pile up wounds if the FP player is trying to use a pincoushin Frodo. Since they’re forced to wound unbound companions because of Ranged Commander and Elite Crossbowmen (why are they crossbowmen?), Frodo is useless to use as a pincoushin-he’s ring-bound!
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 7:08 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
these weren’t wuite whati was looking for any other ideas?
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
elf lvr
Posted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 10:54 pm
Uruk-Hai archers are very powerful. i like pipeweed’s deck. be sure to include a few Cahadras Has Not Forgiven Us. A must agains those who break (or come close to breaking) the rule of 6. great with volley fire, although they have to be used in seperate turns. also, there is a card that exerts an isengard archer to make the archery total +1. forget the title right now...
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
Felipe Musco
Posted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 1:26 am
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
I like Pipeweed’s deck, too. Just some considerations:
1- Weapons of Isengard is a Condition, not a Possession;
2- Not sure you should use Savagery to Match Their Numbers... Piling up some damage might be good, yes, but I’m not sure most of your Uruks will be able to cause enough damage, even with the strength boost.
3- About the Caradhras has not Forgiven Us idea, I think it’s great! But I think that, maybe, for complementing the decks’ theme, you could use Greed against players who break the rule of 6. It’s pretty damaging. However, I tend to agree that Uruk Archery is not that great, Moria+Sauron Archery is a lot better, since you can use Goblin Domain, Bitter Hatred and Hate all together. Some Orc Overseers also help this deck a lot, too. Well, my point is: uruks are not that great as archers. MAYBE you could try, as I suggested, some sort of rainbow shadow, but to let us help you better, since you said Pipeweed’s idea was "not exactly what you were looking for", you could try and tell us what you might be looking for, or for instance, which format should the deck be, should we consider X-Lists and R-Lists? And so on...
I don't like YOU.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 7:27 am
open no xlists or R lists my brother has a low budget but eh already has some of the cards.

the only thing wrong about pipeweeds is there is no way my bro can get any StmTN.

he also prolly wont’ be able to get lurtz but he has quite a few TTT guys and cloud of arrows(that answer your question elf lvr)?

I like your ideas Felipe and will relay them to him.
"DáinIronfoot"
Felipe Musco
Posted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 11:05 am
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
Thanks, always nice to help! Very Happy
I don't like YOU.
elf lvr
Posted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 11:40 am
thank you SoP, you did answer my question. I have an uruk archer deck, but i haven’t played it in so long....
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Open