LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 10:03 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Okay, I know that allies can only skirmish if allowed to by a card. But do they have to skirmish at their home site? And if not, why do some of them have a home site at all?
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 10:07 pm
Allies can fight at their home site (as long as it’s on the correct site path), or if a card (for example, Swan-ship of the Galadhrim) allows them to fight.

I think this answers your question.
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 10:12 pm
I thought that allies couldn’t skirmish just by being at their home site, as of TTT.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
Merrick_Hale
Posted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 11:26 pm
Allies can skirmish while at their home site. In The Two Towers, the rules were clarified when they made the site paths incompatible. Site 1 from fellowship block was not the same as Site 1 from Towers Block and vice versa. Thus allies whose homes are on the Fellowship site path cannot skirmish on the Towers site path. The ally cards themselves state that the ally’s home is Site X [] for fellowship block and Site X [Tower] for towers block. The Fellowship block allies can only skirmish at sites without any site icon. The Towers and King allies can only skirmish at sites with a Tower icon above the site icon (check out the Gondorian Merchant).
Aaron Rhinehart
Rider of Rohan (retired)
DAgent #417 (retired)

This Incognito is a smooth operator - Lem0nhead
Felipe Musco
Posted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 11:53 pm
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
Also, the Rulebook encourages you (and most of the good players do it) to, when arriving at a home site for any allies you might have (respecting the block rule, of course), you should move those allies up on the table, like they were companions (but not adding any twilight like companions do, though), so that the shadow player don’t feel "tricked" when you suddenly pull out an ally to skirmish than big Troll of his, and you don’t feel stupid for killing a companion when you could have killed an exhausted, useless ally. It is also good to remember that, not only skirmishes, but allies in they’re home site (or allowed to skirmish by a card, which usually happnes during the maneuver phase) can ALSO participate in Archery (if they’re Archers, for instance, they WOULD add to the Fellowship Archery Total - Rumil, Elven Protector, Orophin, Lorien Bowman and Calaglin, Elf of Lorien are good examples of that) AND take Archery wounds.
I don't like YOU.
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 11:02 am
Okay, I see. That was just my misinterpretation of something Bib said in another thread.

Wow. I just realized how powerful Ents really are in TTT block. Question regarding that...if Treebeard, Earthborn is killed in a skirmish, and he has, say, Merry and Pippin stacked on him, are they discarded or put in the dead pile?
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 11:04 am
They are discarded. When a character gets killed, all the cards they are bearing get discarded.
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 11:05 am
Okay. I thought so.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 12:36 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Merrick_Hale wrote:
Allies can skirmish while at their home site. In The Two Towers, the rules were clarified when they made the site paths incompatible. Site 1 from fellowship block was not the same as Site 1 from Towers Block and vice versa. Thus allies whose homes are on the Fellowship site path cannot skirmish on the Towers site path. The ally cards themselves state that the ally’s home is Site X [] for fellowship block and Site X [Tower] for towers block. The Fellowship block allies can only skirmish at sites without any site icon. The Towers and King allies can only skirmish at sites with a Tower icon above the site icon (check out the Gondorian Merchant).

what wold shadows site paths do to this?
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
bibfortuna25
Posted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 2:49 pm
No allies have home sites on the Shadows path. The only time they can fight is if a card like SUpport of the Last Homely House lets them.
All cards do what they say.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion