LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest
Rate this article!

5 (Best)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

25%
  [ 1 ]  25%

75%
  [ 3 ]  75%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

1 (Worst)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Total Votes : 4
PorterTroll
Posted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 4:19 pm
thank you cobra, i know its a long shot to try, but at the same time it could just make your deck stronger.

and as Cobra said, Gandalf, leader of men could really help your deck, but ini my opinion gandalf, leader of the company could help even more, put in a few copies of that if you want an extra strength bonus for all your companions in region 1 and 2, thats just my 2 cents tho, its up to you
elf lvr
Posted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 8:29 pm
I think cobra was referring to LotC. I put him in my three hunters deck (check it out in the deck clinic! plz review!) and with pallando, glamdring, and g for grand, he is a valuable companion. but in later sites i can sacrifice him if i have to. he is definately the least valuable. but he doesn’t often die.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:28 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Ay caramba...it’ll be a while before I can wade through all of these posts...
(BTW...I played redoschi from LOTR WWL with this deck, and he commented that I was using "heavy archery". His Uruks weren’t able to touch me for the first four Sites...unfortunately, SDA crashed then Evil or Very Mad )
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
PorterTroll
Posted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 10:19 pm
Cobra wrote:
Gandalf, Leader of Men would definitely make a nice addition to the fellowship, with the big Region 1 strength bonus helping to reduce the risk of bad things happening before you have a chance to set up.

i think your refering to Gandalf, leader of the company, gandalf, leader of men is the one that only costs 2 when in your starting fellowship... Wink
Cobra
Posted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 12:55 am
Doh, you’re right of course -- Gandalf, Leader of the Company is what I meant for this situation. Leader of Men would be no help at all. Very Happy
http://cobracards.com -- Web's best deals on Trading Card Games.
elf lvr
Posted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 10:27 am
Unless you started with LoM and pulled a Saved from the fire to get Sent Back, LotC, and Glamdring or pallando. Just a thought.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 11:03 am
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Okay, I’ll work at adding in another companion or two...but it may take a little while. I was thinking of splashing in Eowyn, Lady of Ithilien, for extra wounds. What do you think?
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
elf lvr
Posted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 11:06 am
THATS not a bad idea.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
PorterTroll
Posted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 11:24 am
elf lvr wrote:
Unless you started with LoM and pulled a Saved from the fire to get Sent Back, LotC, and Glamdring or pallando. Just a thought.

yes, but that might just add more unnecessary cards, hes just trying to keep from being overwhelmed in region 1 before he can set up
"Don't be a Douche, Stop Piracy!"~Tenacious D
"One of my movies was called "True Lies." It's what the Democrats should have called their convention."~Arnold Schwarzenegger
Cobra
Posted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 4:20 pm
The Saved From the Fire setup would require so many card slots that it would be a totally different deck IMO. Smile You’d have 4x Saved From the Fire, Sent Back, the spare Gandalf, Glamdring and/or Pallando, plus you’d need 4 copies of either Legolas or Gimli, whichever one you didn’t start.

Eowyn could definitely fit in here, just watch out for multi-culture haNOLINKte!

I’d probably lean towards something like this:
-3 Elf-song
-3 Double Shot
-1 Hand Axe
+4 Gandalf, Leader of the Company
+2 Glamdring, Foe-hammer
+1 Eowyn, Lady of Ithilien
http://cobracards.com -- Web's best deals on Trading Card Games.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest