LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Strategy Article Contest
Rate this article!

5 (Best)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

75%
  [ 3 ]  75%

25%
  [ 1 ]  25%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

1 (Worst)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Total Votes : 4
La_Sin_Grail
Posted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 8:53 pm
Yes, the P/T will only be the final activation, but all the abilities stack. That means you could have a 4/4 (6.6 with buff) lifesteal, flyer on 6 mana. Or, for 8 mana, a 4/4 (6/6) DOUBLE lifesteal flyer genju.

Sorry I wasn’t here, it’s been a little busy for me on the road.
BrianBoitano
Posted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 2:08 pm
Well, he doesn’t have any Triple lands in there, so I doubt all 3 genjus will get on one land, but yeah scalable creatures are always nice, like 4: for a 4/4 lifesteal or 6: for a 4/4 double lifesteal etc.
You make me laugh, hehe triple lands Shocked
"Not again" -Hans
Hello kind Sir or Madam, I am a polite sig virus. Please put me into your fine and dandy signature so that I might continue to replicate. Thank you for your time.
Memnarch Mastermind
Posted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 3:03 pm
Okay, to anyone in here, I made a update on my deck. The third(!!! Exclamation !!!) answer said clearly what’s on it with duals and genjus. Nevertheless it is still a very fine feeling, although the mass destruction aspect is more important than before. It can hold off many early threats and the thing with double life stealing is pretty early reached thanks to mana acceleration Dancing .

Brian, I owe you another GP. Thank you for your guidance in this case. I’ll check triple before relying on infos from wizards@hasbro.de...
Felipe Musco
Posted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 3:20 pm
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
About the comments you make on Faith’s Fetters, at the beggining of your Article: can’t they just Enchant the Genju, to prevent it from activating? After all, it IS an "Enchant Permanent"...
Also, considering White generally packs up Wrath of God, Faith’s Fetters AND Kami of Ancient Law, I see this deck having A LOT of trouble against White. Sure, Scour can solve the problem, but I don’t see the point in packing Sunscour, since you’re already using WoG... Might as well pack some counterspells, they’d sure help you a lot... Also, LD decks will give you a BIG headache, test it against a Vore deck and you’ll see what I mean. Even a R/G Vore can give you a hard time, so I really suggesting packing counters at least as SB, over Sunscour. If you don’t need WoG ( against Vore you’ll surely not need), you can switch it out in favor of some stalling. Funny idea, nonetheless! Editing it after the whole Dual Land misunderstanding sure makes it deserve a gp! Wink
I don't like YOU.
Memnarch Mastermind
Posted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 4:07 pm
I hate it to be told waht happens if... are you some sort of timetraveller? Wink

I’m only kidding... yes, my fault with fetters. But this deck still was not developed for a tourney, and it has had a checkride against vore... vore doesn’t like it as well when you know what to do. Still vore has super winning chances, but this deck can beat it under special circumstances.

The point for sunscour is: Mass destruction. It is SB, so just in case WoG just isn’t enough.

The thing is: I was told wrong about the ruling so I made a mistake building a deck around this whole genju theme. Embarassed

This is a deck for fun in casual, I really don’t know what else to do with my genjus... Question so I prefer FUN!!!
Felipe Musco
Posted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 5:03 pm
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
IMO, Genjus are REALLY powerful cards, specially in mono-colored decks, I mean, they dodge pretty much anything regular creatures don’t, and if he DOES get killed, making you lose a Land, in mono that doesn’t make much of a difference. I’m missing Earth Surge on this new build... Don’t think it’s got room for it, though.
I don't like YOU.
Cobra
Posted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 7:38 pm
Looks like Earth Surge is there now... Wink

Well-written article with a pretty good (and definitely fun) deck behind it -- 4 stars from me.
http://cobracards.com -- Web's best deals on Trading Card Games.
r2d2quino
Posted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 2:09 pm
This list is so cool, I want to try it! My bro’s found a way around Monoblue beats, so this might be a good answer. Either that, or mono-green, taking from the article I just read.

Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Strategy Article Contest