LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Open
Pipeweed
Posted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 4:38 pm
Yeah but put Dwarven Axe and Greatest Kingdom of My People in there and it can turn nasty for your opponent
Pipeweed's Haves/Wants: 100 NEW RARES!!
How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Cycle Engine
Joe Meets God: A Humorous Article on a Budget

GP http://fxhome.com/userref.php/11923 GP
PorterTroll
Posted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 4:42 pm
awwww, why did Dwarven Axe have to be rotated! Sad its so much better than the axe of khazad-dum!)
"Don't be a Douche, Stop Piracy!"~Tenacious D
"One of my movies was called "True Lies." It's what the Democrats should have called their convention."~Arnold Schwarzenegger
elf lvr
Posted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 6:45 pm
I love axe of kazad-dum! works great in my mountain dwarves (who have gone into retirement in favor of this new deck) and i deck people quite well without desperate measures. Sometimes I just plain corrupt them by getting 10 burdens, because what 8 cards - what they play - towers of barad-dur = less than three (not more than five at least) cards in hand, so they have to add burdens with Desperate Defense of the Ring (or they can prevent ONCE and then have to add up to 3 burdens).
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 7:33 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Nice dwarves! I love the way you can just deck out your opponent...that doesn’t count as a win, though, right? Although it certainly does hurt them quite a bit.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
elf lvr
Posted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 7:35 pm
The Irresistible Shadow. That’s how i win.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 7:36 pm
Heehee...what a card! Twisted Evil
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
elf lvr
Posted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 7:38 pm
BWAH HAH HAH HAH yes it is a great card.

also, i love my elf deck (couln’t have guessed, right?) but i can’t find a good shadow to go with it (besides nazzies, they’re with another deck). What do you think?
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 7:46 pm
Hmm...well, what are you looking for to supplement your elves? You could always try Ninja Gollum Very Happy or the classic Isengard swarm with Uruk Regular.

BTW, if you’re looking for deck-out, why not make your deck half-and-half, putting in lurkers to activate Cave Troll of Moria, Savage Menace?
elf lvr
Posted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 7:49 pm
Ninja Gollum... now there’s a thought... I was workin on a ninja gollum deck... Twisted Evil Wow, do you really think that would be a good pair? Sweet!

My deck decks well enough with pure sauron. But good idea.

and do you think Slippery as Fishes is a good card for Ninja Gollum?

what minions besides gollum and shelob should i use? any?
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:44 pm
Okay, here’s my idea for Ninja Gollum. Focus on wounding, and here’s cards to pack...

Gollum, Dark as Darkness
Little Snuffler
Horribly Strong
Unseen Foe (for Shelob, etc.)
Not This Time!
Plotting (adds threats, if someone gets killed off with Not This Time!)

Someone tell me if I’m missing any.
Now that you’ve got those cards, put in a Web or two, just so you can save minions. Captured By the Ring is crucial, as well. And Sudden Strike, so that you can pair up Gollum + Shelob. As for your other Gollums, your pick. Gollum, Vile Creature can fuel off of those threats, and Gollum, Mad Thing is always nice to win skirmishes. Speaking of that... Promise Keeping is a must-have.

Shelob, Her Ladyship is the only Shelob you should have. She lets you kill off companions by limiting who can skirmish.

Don’t forget splash minions like Black Gate Sentry and Mumak Commander, Giant among the swertings.

I don’t have experience with how elves pair with Ninja. You’ve got cycling, right? Ninja will really benefit from that.

But this is fairly off-topic...make another thread?

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Open