LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion
ulaireapologeia
Posted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 6:42 pm
i have tried to create a pipe deck several times yet i cannot get the stuff out quick enough and my shadow sucks. any help? please?
bibfortuna25
Posted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 6:46 pm
Pipe decks are best combined with archery, because they can heal a lot of the exertions given by Legolas, Greenleaf and Aragorn’s Bow. Frodo’s Pipe and Aragorn’s Pipe are the best ones to use for this purpose.

But all in all, pipe decks aren’t worth making. They require too many cards to work effectively, cards that could instead be used to support your strategy even more.
All cards do what they say.
ulaireapologeia
Posted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 6:50 pm
thanks. i kinda figured that when i was rocked everytime i tried to play it. i’ve hit a barrier with deckbuilding. my ideas have fallen away
YourStinkenFace
Posted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 2:33 pm
The gaffers pipe is pretty good with a choke deck. It says, "discard a pipeweed and spot x pipes to remove x". There was this one article on decipher about unbound hobbits with "aragorn, wingfoot"(at each regroup, wound a minion for each unbound hobbit you can spot) and the one gimli that is str+1 for each unbound hobbit spotable. So you could add gimli’s pipe(exert gimli to add 1 to the number of pipes you can spot), aragorns pipe, and the gaffer’s pipe to have a rather good pipe pump of removing up to 5 twilight! I may have got some of the card texts wrong.
Pipeweed
Posted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 3:47 pm
Here ya go:

Free Peoples: 40 cards
Aragorn, Ranger of the North x2
Aragorn’s Bow x2
Aragorn’s Pipe x2
Arwen, Daughter of Elrond (Starting)
Asfaloth x2
Bilbo Baggins, Retired Adventurer x2
Bilbo’s Pipe x2
Bow of the Galadhrim x2
Elven Bow x2
Gandalf, Friend of the Shirefolk x2
Gandalf’s Pipe x2
Glamdring x2
Gwemegil x2
The Last Alliance of Elves and Men
Legolas, Greenleaf (Starting)
Longbottom Leaf x3
No Stranger to the Shadows x2
Old Toby x3
Ranger’s Sword x2
The Saga of Elendil
The Tale of Gil-galad
Thror’s Map

Pipeweed decks are in general very large decks, and usually best paired with a cycling Shadow such as Moria. They are very versatile decks accomplishing tasks ranging from healing, to recursion, and removing burdens and twilight. They work well in a deck like this, because you can use the pipes and pipeweed to cycle quickly through your deck to set up your Free Peoples and get a good shadow-heavy draw deck remaining after site 5-6. With Aragorn’s Pipe, you can heal exertions from Legolas, Greenleaf and Aragorn’s bow. Gandalf’s Pipe will ensure protection against corruption.

As you may have noticed, there is no Gaffer’s Pipe here. That is largely because this is not a choke deck. Using conditions, possessions and events, this deck is a tank deck, and choking would not be possible. The pipes are there to heal companions from all the exertions, etc.

Hope this helps Very Happy
Pipeweed
Pipeweed's Haves/Wants: 100 NEW RARES!!
How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Cycle Engine
Joe Meets God: A Humorous Article on a Budget

GP http://fxhome.com/userref.php/11923 GP
PorterTroll
Posted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 3:59 pm
pipeweed decks may be fun to play with, but you cant expect to win many games with them
"Don't be a Douche, Stop Piracy!"~Tenacious D
"One of my movies was called "True Lies." It's what the Democrats should have called their convention."~Arnold Schwarzenegger
ulaireapologeia
Posted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 6:14 pm
thanks guys. that deck post really helped. i now know what i’ve been doing wrong. i was trying to choke. and really, who was i kidding? with all that stuff, its next to impossible. i think i’ll try that deck you posted if thats ok pipeweed...
Pipeweed
Posted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 6:18 pm
NP. Glad I could help Very Happy If you modify the deck, making it more of a sneak/stealth deck if you catch my drift, it is actually pretty easy to choke. I did it ages ago when I used to run my first Pipeweed deck. Back in the days of Fellowship Block.

ulaireapologeia
Posted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 6:36 pm
back in the good old days huh? when cards weren’t xed or discriminated for being totally awesome...
Pipeweed
Posted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 6:38 pm
Yep Very Happy. I built my Pipeweed deck I think a month after RotEL was released.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion