LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Gameplay Questions
Dewk
Posted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 5:49 pm
Is there a limit on the number of a single card one can use? Also, is there a limit on the size of deck one can use?
Pipeweed
Posted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 5:53 pm
You can only have 4 copies of a single card in your deck. As far as I know, there is no limit on the size of a deck, but your Free Peoples side and Shadow side must be equal in number (Starting Fellowship counts too).

Hope this helps, and welcome to the boards Very Happy
Pipeweed
Pipeweed's Haves/Wants: 100 NEW RARES!!
How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Cycle Engine
Joe Meets God: A Humorous Article on a Budget

GP http://fxhome.com/userref.php/11923 GP
bibfortuna25
Posted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 6:25 pm
I figured this out yesterday, and the highest amount of cards you can have in your deck is around 7800.
All cards do what they say.
PorterTroll
Posted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 6:26 pm
double post? how did you figure that out?
"Don't be a Douche, Stop Piracy!"~Tenacious D
"One of my movies was called "True Lies." It's what the Democrats should have called their convention."~Arnold Schwarzenegger
bibfortuna25
Posted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 6:49 pm
I have an Excel file of every LOTR TCG card on my computer. I separated the FP and Shadow sides, and eliminated any duplicate cards, and I also removed all copies of The One Ring and sites from the file. I took the side that had the lowest number and multiplied it by 8 (4 copies of each card per side).

Yeah, so I was bored last night. Sue me. Smile
All cards do what they say.
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 7:16 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Laughing
I am building that deck!! 7800 cards-sweet!
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
bobtheorc
Posted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 10:06 pm
Joined: 19 Mar 2006 Posts: 1218 Location: Wow, its hot in Iowa
That would take a long time to build.
Also remeber that you can only have 4 cards of the same main title.
One of my friends thought he could have 4 Ulaire Attea, The Easterling and 4 Ulaire Attea, Wraith on Wings/
sorry that does not work.
Exclamation Ban the Overpowered OrcsExclamation
"Don't panic, I have paper!" - Taipan Popcorn
Is that Grima, Grief Counselor? - legolamb
Bobtheorcs Uruk-Hai Dcs
Bob’s wonderful !! updated !! Trade list
Dewk
Posted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 1:31 am
Thanks y’all! I was planning on making a killer archer deck using more than 4 Elven Bows but that won’t work anymore. And I guess according to bobtheorc post, I can’t even use 4 from the FotR, 4 from tTT, and 4 from the Hunters... *sigh* Perhaps there’s another way to do it to make a shoot ’em up deck.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 7:31 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Dewk wrote:
Thanks y’all! I was planning on making a killer archer deck using more than 4 Elven Bows but that won’t work anymore. And I guess according to bobtheorc post, I can’t even use 4 from the FotR, 4 from tTT, and 4 from the Hunters... *sigh* Perhaps there’s another way to do it to make a shoot ’em up deck.

yeah legolas aragron with hisbow rumil or orophin adn eowyn, LoI
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
hblika
Posted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 7:54 am
Dewk wrote:

With 4 bows, Legolas’ Bow, an archer Legolas and Dinendal, Mirkwood Archer, there’s 7 archery for you there. Adding some of Orophin, Rumil and Haldir, Sentry of the Golden Woods, you could add even more to the archery total (allthough very conditional).

Adding in cards like Elven Marksmanship, Many Miles, Double Shot and Mighty Shot, the sky is the limit for the amount of archery you can pour on your opponent.

Also, there’s direct wounding or discarding of minions with e.g. Nocked, Reckless We Rode, Take Up The Bow and Let Fly.

Archery has actually never been easier Smile
I'm not stupid. I'm just unlucky when I'm thinking.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Gameplay Questions