LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded
ulaireapologeia
Posted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 6:47 pm
My old twins deck was ultimately absorbed into this one. Is this one any better?

Fellowship:
Galadriel, BoW
The One Ring, RoR

Companions:
Elrohir, SoE (s)
Elladan, SoE (s)
Rumil, BoH
Orophin, BoH
Cirdan, The Shipwright
Haldir, SotGW
Gil-Galad, EHK
Legolas, SoT

Possessions:
Blade of Lindon x2
Long-knives of Legolas
Bow of the Galadhrim
Elven Bow x4

Artifacts:
Aiglos
Nenya, RoA
Vilya, RoA

Conditions:
Blades Drawn x2
Hosts of the Last Alliance x2

Events:
Break the Charge x4
Still Needed x4
Supporting Fire x4
Elf Song x2

The twins are central to this deck in which they are the main fighters until you can get Gil-Galad and Cirdan out. Adding bows and using Break the Charge, the archery by site 9 with all elves and bows can max out to 9! All criticism appreciated!! Very Happy
bobtheorc
Posted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 10:25 pm
Joined: 19 Mar 2006 Posts: 1218 Location: Wow, its hot in Iowa
I personally prefer Double Shot or Elven Markmanship for the archery phase.
Exclamation Ban the Overpowered OrcsExclamation
"Don't panic, I have paper!" - Taipan Popcorn
Is that Grima, Grief Counselor? - legolamb
Bobtheorcs Uruk-Hai Dcs
Bob’s wonderful !! updated !! Trade list
hblika
Posted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 7:41 am
The problem with this deck, as with a lot of decks posted here, is the lack of companions.

ulaireapologeia wrote:
The twins are central to this deck in which they are the main fighters until you can get Gil-Galad and Cirdan out.

With 35 cards a side, when do you expect to get Gil-Galad or Cirdan out?? I would cut down on the companions that give you conditional archery, and add more copies of your other main companions. Arwen, Queen of Elves and Men also fits a archery/skirmish deck like this.

Break the Charge isn’t worth it either, IMO. 2 twilight and 3 exertions is too steep a price, when you can use Many Miles, Double Shot or Mighty Shot instead.

You also might want to switch Still Needed with Point Blank Range. Very effective in an archery deck. Still Needed also hinders cycling in this deck, and the size of it dictates you need all the cycling you can get. (It depends on your shadow side though, but since you haven’t posted it, I’ll assume it’s a normal cycling shadow).

ulaireapologeia wrote:
Adding bows and using Break the Charge, the archery by site 9 with all elves and bows can max out to 9!

If you plan to outrun your opponent to site 9, how do you plan to use the abilities of Haldir, Legolas and Orophin? Since you have no site manipulation in here (which Elves are pretty bad at anyway). you’ll be at your opponents sites, which you probably can’t count on being forest sites.
I'm not stupid. I'm just unlucky when I'm thinking.
PorterTroll
Posted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 10:49 am
yes, use double shot and elrond, witness to history to get your events back on top of your draw deck.
"Don't be a Douche, Stop Piracy!"~Tenacious D
"One of my movies was called "True Lies." It's what the Democrats should have called their convention."~Arnold Schwarzenegger
fingolfin
Posted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 2:44 pm
Joined: 30 Mar 2006 Posts: 321 Location: it's getting hotter in Iowa every day
put in splendor of their banners so you can add lots of archery.
Soldier: why'd you do that captain?

John Wayne: Because I hate your guts!!

Exerpt from "Iwo Jima."
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 3:41 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
you should cut companion for certain, but as I see it you are mixing elf event and elf archery choose one of the other.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
ulaireapologeia
Posted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 6:20 pm
i appreciate the critique. i was focusing on a pure archery but when you put the deck into perspective dealing with twilight/exertions/getting companions, i see where i need to change. Homage
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 6:53 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
yeah if you want to see one just post a topic and decklists will magically appear
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded