LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest
Rate this article!

5 (Best)  
70%
  [ 7 ]  70%

30%
  [ 3 ]  30%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

1 (Worst)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Total Votes : 10
Pipeweed
Posted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:10 am
Thanks for the review elf lvr. Keep em coming Very Happy

Pipeweed
Pipeweed's Haves/Wants: 100 NEW RARES!!
How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Cycle Engine
Joe Meets God: A Humorous Article on a Budget

GP http://fxhome.com/userref.php/11923 GP
Gagnut
Posted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 11:23 am
Another weakness. archery and other various wounds, you had shadow phase but ther is more, archery, after exerting golloum, you can get killed by an archer, or hand axe or rohirrim javlin, this would be a bummer if you exerted him 3 times for something only to get him kill by a stray arrow, only 4 gollums 4 shelobs, that’s it for minions, if all your gollums get stuck in the bottom, that’s bad for you, even with the cards that can play him from your draw deck, I like this deck because I am trying to build a gollum deck and I think I will use some of this. I will either give you a 3 or a 4 depending on the other articles.
I don't have an avatar, I don't have a sig, my posts speak for themselves.
Pipeweed
Posted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 11:41 am
Thanks Gagnut, I appreciate it Very Happy

P.S. - SnowBalrog, I love Treacherous Little Toad, but with so many good NG cards, you just have to buckle down and decide what is best for the deck Wink

reggierockz
Posted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:26 pm
Hahaha nice article. I just realized we both based our titles off of movies. I’m sitting here in front of my DVD collection and I see Kill Bill and I’m like, I have to use that lol.
"They have a cave troll."
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:28 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
And dangit, that’s what I was going to title my anti-Ferny article! Oh well...
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
Pipeweed
Posted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 12:04 am
Thanks reggierockz. Please vote Very Happy

Pipeweed

Pipeweed
Posted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:36 pm
I’ve made some minor updates to the article in terms of grammar/formatting. Please vote Very Happy

Pipeweed

maxidoodle
Posted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:54 pm
Nice article. I like the decklists except for a few things...

First, you need Mumak Commander, Giant Among the Swertings in there - at least two of them. Now that Evil Smelling Fens is rotated, you need copies of the minion since you cant really play them from your discard pile.

Second - replace Gollum, Hopeless with Gollum, Mad Thing. Hopeless is neat, but in essence, useless in a ninja gollum deck. Mad Thing, however can get beastly with Hidden Even From Her, especially if they add burdens. Wink

Third - If you can, find a fellowship that cycles very well so you can afford to make the deck 36 - 36. That way you can add other neccesary cards to the shadow, like So Polite (you need at least 6 cards that pull Gollum from deck/discard pile), Black Gate Sentry (I like the thought of adding him in. Nice touch Very Happy), and Final Strike, just in case. Wink

And your comment about Little Snuffler and Gollum, DaD killing an alternate ring-bearer on turn one - there are a few problems:

1)Bilbo, Sam, Smeagol, and Gandalf are 4-vitality ARB’s
2)Only works if they are using Such a Weight to Carry Wink

I like the concept though. Twisted Evil

I give you a five for reviving the ultimate shadow that was once dead. Very Happy
My deck of doom:
One Combo to Rule them All

maxidoodle's Haves/Wants
Pipeweed
Posted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 6:01 pm
Thanks maxidoodle Very Happy Let me comment on your post:

Quote:
First, you need Mumak Commander in there - at least two of them. Now that Evil Smelling Fens is rotated, you need copies of the minion since you cant really play them from your discard pile.

I don’t have any copies of Mumak Commander in there. He is a good minion, but I would rather save space for other cards.
Quote:
Second - replace Gollum, Hopeless with Gollum, Mad Thing. Hopeless is neat, but in essence, useless in a ninja gollum deck. Mad Thing, however can get beastly with Hidden Even From Her, especially if they add burdens. Wink

They are both very nice, and I have used both extensively, but I’ve found that Hopeless is more effective, because more and more people are pumping ring-bearers up to enormous strengths.
Quote:
Third - If you can, find a fellowship that cycles very well so you can afford to make the deck 36 - 36. That way you can add other neccesary cards to the shadow, like So Polite (you need at least 6 cards that pull Gollum from deck/discard pile), Black Gate Sentry (I like the thought of adding him in. Nice touch Very Happy), and Final Strike, just in case. Wink

Yes. You are right. This deck does very well with a deck like old-school ents using Saved from the fire to burn smeagol and cycle through the deck quickly. Final Strike is a good card, but I find it is not necessary that much.
Quote:
And your comment about Little Snuffler and Gollum, DaD killing an alternate ring-bearer on turn one - there are a few problems:

1)Bilbo, Sam, Smeagol, and Gandalf are 4-vitality ARB’s
2)Only works if they are using Such a Weight to Carry Wink

Yes you are right about that, but notice that I said it is possible, not that it would always happen. Still, three wounds on their RB in one turn is not too shabby Wink

Thanks for the great review,
Pipeweed

maxidoodle
Posted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:24 pm
Yes, i meant to type the mumak commander giant among the swertings, but forgot that the first time - he is totally key to this deck

And yah - that lil snuffler is insane Twisted Evil
My deck of doom:
One Combo to Rule them All

maxidoodle's Haves/Wants

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest