LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 8:26 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
This is my little brothers deck NOT MY OWN!

Free Peoples Side: 30
Ringbearer : Frodo Hope Of Free peoples and The One Ring Isildur’s Bane
Gimli, Eager Hunter (starting fellowship)
2 Dead Man Of Dunharrow (1 starting fellowship)
1 Cursed Of Erech
2 Sleepless Dead
1 Oathbreaker
1 Shadow Host

1 Ring Of Accretion
1 Bounder
1 Dwarven Bracers
1 Hand Axe
1 Axe Of Erebor
1 Hobbit Sword
2 Spectral Sword
1 Endurance of Dwarves
1 Stronger and more Terrible
1 Swept Away
1 Severed His Bonds
1 Flurry Of Blows
2 Rally the Company
2 Swordarm Of The White Tower
1 Pledge Of Loyalty
1 Dagger Strike
1 End of the Game
SHADOW SIDE: 30
2 Host Of Moria Legion Of The Underdeeps
4 Goblin Flankers
4 Goblin Patrol Troop
2 The Balrog Terror Of Flame And Shadow
3 Goblin scimitar
2 Moria Axe
4 Host Of Thousands
3 Drums In The Deep
2 frenzy
1 Fill with Fear
1 Dark Places
1 Depths of Moria
1 Goblin Swarms
1 Plundered Armories
Moria power with gondor wraiths.

The freeps side of this deck has Gimli to provide strength and extra vitality. The oath breakers are pretty basic, high strength, get swept away out and they can’t take wounds. He normally kills a companion to rid him of his threats. The minion side is meant to play the balrog and host of moria as much as possible. He has played the balrpg 4 times in a game and host of moria that much almost every game. Moria Axe gives Damage and strength, while host of thousands plays minions again and again.
Goblin domain exhasuts companions while depths of moria adds much needed twilight.
Last edited by sickofpalantirs on Mon Jul 17, 2006 8:24 pm; edited 1 time in totalArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
elf lvr
Posted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 8:35 am
Looks nice. I have played moria power and know that it goes down pretty easy under heavy archery. And rohan isn’t bad against it either...

But DANG! Shocked That looks like a sweet shadow. I don’t get the use of Gimi in the freeps side, why not use gandalf? Our buddy gandy (starting LoM) has condition removal (and pallando can exert his wraiths!) light the beacons, citadel to gate, glamdring for burden removal, and so much else... if he kills off companions just to remove threats, how about making that death go towards a good cause with Saved From the Fire? Also why no aragorn, driven by need? almost every wraith deck i’ve seen uses him.

For the shadow, maybe he should drop the drums in the deep for Goblin Armory (more twilight and wound prevention) or some Relics of Moria, maybe even Frenzy or Plundered Armories. Just my opinion, though.

Also, Goblin Domain doesn’t work on shadows sites. Very Happy
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
hblika
Posted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:27 am
I honestly can’t see how a Gondor Wraith deck can survive anything with 1 copy each of Swept Away and Stronger and More Terrible.

3 copies of each should be a minimum.
I'm not stupid. I'm just unlucky when I'm thinking.
bobtheorc
Posted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:17 am
Joined: 19 Mar 2006 Posts: 1218 Location: Wow, its hot in Iowa
It seems to work fine.
He just likes to use Gimli (in case you were wondering I am also SoP bro)
And yes the minion side is sweet.
He often plays Host Of Thousands to play Host Of Moria, Legion Of The Underdeeps to play The Balrog, Terror Of Flame And Shadow for minus 3.
He once did that combo 4 times with the same 2 Balrog and Host of Moria.
Besides Gandalf who else would you reccommend?
Exclamation Ban the Overpowered OrcsExclamation
"Don't panic, I have paper!" - Taipan Popcorn
Is that Grima, Grief Counselor? - legolamb
Bobtheorcs Uruk-Hai Dcs
Bob’s wonderful !! updated !! Trade list
Gagnut
Posted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 11:10 am
hblika wrote:
I honestly can’t see how a Gondor Wraith deck can survive anything with 1 copy each of Swept Away and Stronger and More Terrible.

I don’t know about 3, but you definatly need at least two, I don’t see how the dwarfs would help that much, have him play with that deck alot, after a few weeks, it will become apparent what he needs in his deck.
I don't have an avatar, I don't have a sig, my posts speak for themselves.
elf lvr
Posted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 11:59 am
I still say that if he wants to kill off companions to use saved from the fire...

If you want more advice how about taking some i already gave (since no ones commented on it yet...) about the shadow. check my first post yes i did say something i’m not all useless spam...
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 2:27 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
hblika wrote:

it is a 60 card deck and he doesn’t really need them since 4 of his wraiths don’t come into play exhausted.

elf lvr thanks for the feedback.

he doesn’t kill him on purpose it gets killed ti si normally the only companion to die whichever one it is.

the thing about gandi is all the cards that eh would use for him are rare or expensive. so far he ahs spent 12.00 dollars on LOTR TCg he has 4 pretty good decks to show for it( i don’t quite understand this myself)

anyway ihe shall have to thinkabout your shadow advice ti si pretty good. too bad GD doesn’t work he was sad about that Sad

again thanks for the advice he might put in DBN fi so who should eh cut?
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Merrick_Hale
Posted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 4:15 pm
The biggest problem I see is that the shadow side isn’t going to cycle well. The cheapest minion is 5 twilight and in order to get him to the place where it would be uncomfortable to double against him, you need to get one of your two axes on him. Generally non-fierce, not damage +1 minions aren’t going to be terribly effective against someone who has had a site or two to set up. Due to the cost of the minions, you are unlikely to play more than one or two minions a turn unless your opponent doubles, in which case you might be able to play 4 to 5 minions (if you can play all of your Flankers) particularly since there isn’t any weapon recursion and there aren’t any Goblin Armory to add twilight when you play your weapons. Aside from Dark Places, moria wasn’t very good at killing with big minions, particularly outside fellowship block.

It is a good start, but I would probably try to cut out the patrol troops and put in some Goblin Scavengers so that you can get your weapons back over and over again. Also, Depths of moria doesn’t work outside of the Fellowship Block site path, so I might trade that for another Dark Places.
Aaron Rhinehart
Rider of Rohan (retired)
DAgent #417 (retired)

This Incognito is a smooth operator - Lem0nhead
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 8:22 pm
really? Why wouldn’t it work? ti says
To play, spot a Moria Orc. Plays to your support area. Each time the fellowship moves during the regroup phase, add (2).

OK he normally plays 2 or 3 player games so his shadow doesn’t have to rule. but i see some of your wisdom he might just add some scavengers it is onyl 32 cards right now and he cycles pretty well
"DáinIronfoot"
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 7:42 am
bump
"DáinIronfoot"

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded