LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest
Rate this article!

5 (Best)  
8%
  [ 1 ]  8%

16%
  [ 2 ]  16%

58%
  [ 7 ]  58%

16%
  [ 2 ]  16%

1 (Worst)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Total Votes : 12
SnowBalrog
Posted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 12:17 am
Joined: 26 Sep 2005 Posts: 63 Location: St. Louis, Missouri
A couple minor issues... Frodo, TT can’t remove a burden when you play Bilbo wtih GDE, since that would be combining phase actions. And I’d change "Three stars" on Sam, Steadfast Friend to a number to match the others... With Sam, Needer of Vittles, you could use a bouncing Hobbit (Pippin, WoBaS) to continuously remove burdens.. Combine that with Home and Hearth... zowie! Good article, and a fun read.. 4!
Marcus: Our Snow Balrog would be a lot more impressive if it didn't keep melting.
Jason: Maybe if we used a little less lighter fluid...?
PorterTroll
Posted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 12:20 am
CarpeGuitarrem wrote:
Look who’s talking about not facing trolls! Razz

But I agree, very few decks pack Uruk-Hai any more. Although Trolls still exist. But you really don’t want to be playing them!

i know that i play trolls, but not many people do, and the Uruk-hai are a dying breed, i just see it as a useless card that is just taking up space, but if your mainly playing against uruk-hai decks, then by all means, keep them in, i just dont think it is a very good card for tournament play because if your opponent doesn’t play uruk-hai or trolls, its just gonna clog your hand. (that was a very long run-on sentence Wink )
"Don't be a Douche, Stop Piracy!"~Tenacious D
"One of my movies was called "True Lies." It's what the Democrats should have called their convention."~Arnold Schwarzenegger
hblika
Posted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 3:59 am
Lots of spelling and grammar mistakes, makes this article a drag to read. Combined with a few gameplay errors, and the fact that you are rounding up your article with a deck that couldn’t possibly win anything (especiallly not in open format), makes it easy for me to give you a rating of 2 (and that’s including an extra star for effort.
I'm not stupid. I'm just unlucky when I'm thinking.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 7:23 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
PorterTroll wrote:
CarpeGuitarrem wrote:
Look who’s talking about not facing trolls! Razz

But I agree, very few decks pack Uruk-Hai any more. Although Trolls still exist. But you really don’t want to be playing them!

i know that i play trolls, but not many people do, and the Uruk-hai are a dying breed, i just see it as a useless card that is just taking up space, but if your mainly playing against uruk-hai decks, then by all means, keep them in, i just dont think it is a very good card for tournament play because if your opponent doesn’t play uruk-hai or trolls, its just gonna clog your hand. (that was a very long run-on sentence Wink )

what about hunter uruks?

this deck is just supposed to be a fun way to make sam great elf warrior huge though win all the time with it, it isn’t the best deck around.

yes it would eb better with 3 fates entwined but I guess i didn’t want it too stray to far from my deck.

hblika where are my grammar and spelling errors?

the spaces aren’t working if I edit it it looks like they should be there.

CG yes it could be 2 articles. do you think I shoudl edit it and take the deck away?

SB why have’nt you voted? also why couldn’t I remove a burden I would like this to be explained.

hblika again i still don’t see why I deserve a 2 for soem mistakes you didn’t even name grammar might nock it downa bit but c’mon at least tell em what i did wrong.(oh yeah you are for not being able to switch the article)

Why couldn’t the deck win anything? WHY? WHY? it wins all the time in my area and i play lots of different srtagey’s

PT again this is just a fun deck that can win against some strategy’s IT IS NOT A TOURNAMENT DECK! also with your first comment you said
PorterTroll wrote:
why 2x stone trolls? it seems like a useless card unless your facing trolls or uruk-hai, i would remove it and put in another sudden fury and fates entwined
well I am facing uruk-hai!
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
hblika
Posted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 10:27 am
sickofpalantirs wrote:
Is Sam any better the Pippin of Merry or any other Hobbit?

Eh... What??

sickofpalantirs wrote:
Even more so then most other Hobbits.

Minor error only, but just an example of the myriad og similar errors in your article.

sickofpalantirs wrote:
Corruption: with Bilbo, Aged Ring-bearer, Sting, Weapon of Heritage on Sam, and Tom Bombadil corrupting my Frodo can be extremely difficult.

I’m not sure how Tom Bombadil will be corrupting Frodo, but it’s a strategy I would like to hear more about!

sickofpalantirs wrote:
Combo- sam with Frodo, Very Nice Master and Smeagol, Slinker.

Dang! I’m missing this Frodo in my collection!

sickofpalantirs wrote:
Another idea would be to have the hunters Gandalf and have Alatar to transfer without adding burdens plus for his minion minus strength bonus.

I’m really not mad enough to get the finer points of this sentence.

sickofpalantirs wrote:
When I reveal Pippin, Hobbit of Some Intelligence I can remove one of the burdens I bid.

Nice! You can reveal Pippin to remove a burden?

sickofpalantirs wrote:
I play Green Dragon Inn as site 1, and exert Pippin, Hobbit of some Intelligence and Merry, Horticulturist to play Bilbo, Aged Ringbearer from my draw deck, removing a burden with Frodo, Tired Traveller (Frodo, Old Bilbo’s Heir is another option for ringbearer in this deck).

Well, you might do that, but then you would be cheating. Frodo’s special ability cannot be used with a start-of-the-fellowship-phase action.

Generally, you should be more aware of punctuation, the use of commas, and capital letters in new sentences. Your article is FULL of these minor, yet very annoying errors. You should actually be glad I rated it a 2, and not a 1, but I was in a good mood Smile
Gagnut
Posted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 11:59 am
hblika wrote:
Lots of spelling and grammar mistakes, makes this article a drag to read. Combined with a few gameplay errors, and the fact that you are rounding up your article with a deck that couldn’t possibly win anything (especiallly not in open format), makes it easy for me to give you a rating of 2 (and that’s including an extra star for effort.

I see your point about that, but don’t fry him yet, let him correct the mistakes first, then vote.
I don't have an avatar, I don't have a sig, my posts speak for themselves.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 12:28 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
hblika wrote:
sickofpalantirs wrote:
Is Sam any better the Pippin of Merry or any other Hobbit?

Eh... What??
it is a question the article was asking.

sickofpalantirs wrote:
Even more so then most other Hobbits.

Minor error only, but just an example of the myriad og similar errors in your article.
I don’t get what is wrong about this.

sickofpalantirs wrote:
Corruption: with Bilbo, Aged Ring-bearer, Sting, Weapon of Heritage on Sam, and Tom Bombadil corrupting my Frodo can be extremely difficult.

I’m not sure how Tom Bombadil will be corrupting Frodo, but it’s a strategy I would like to hear more about!
goodness! Read this through and think about it. Are you using a translator or something you seem to be misinterpreting my sentences. it means I can use his ability to remove 2 burdens so with all my burden removal corrupting my ringbearer woudl be hard

sickofpalantirs wrote:
Combo- sam with Frodo, Very Nice Master and Smeagol, Slinker.

Dang! I’m missing this Frodo in my collection!
sorry I meant master of the precious I will fix that immediately

sickofpalantirs wrote:
Another idea would be to have the hunters Gandalf and have Alatar to transfer without adding burdens plus for his minion minus strength bonus.

I’m really not mad enough to get the finer points of this sentence.
what finer points? It is a follower on sam so you can use his ability, and you use the hunters gandalf to make alatar’s ability work. (though I guess you could use radagast or treebeard instead).

sickofpalantirs wrote:
When I reveal Pippin, Hobbit of Some Intelligence I can remove one of the burdens I bid.

Nice! You can reveal Pippin to remove a burden?
OK play him in my starting fellowship I will edit that.

sickofpalantirs wrote:
I play Green Dragon Inn as site 1, and exert Pippin, Hobbit of some Intelligence and Merry, Horticulturist to play Bilbo, Aged Ringbearer from my draw deck, removing a burden with Frodo, Tired Traveller (Frodo, Old Bilbo’s Heir is another option for ringbearer in this deck).

Well, you might do that, but then you would be cheating. Frodo’s special ability cannot be used with a start-of-the-fellowship-phase action.
OK I didn’t no that you could have alerted me to it instead of grilling me about"bad strategy"

Generally, you should be more aware of punctuation, the use of commas, and capital letters in new sentences. Your article is FULL of these minor, yet very annoying errors. You should actually be glad I rated it a 2, and not a 1, but I was in a good mood Smile

I still don’t see what you see.

This post is just annoying I never rate an artilce 2 for grammar or some things I didn’t know(or because I interpret a sentence differently thenthe writer does.) you could have at least waited until I replied to vote. SB alerted the frodo problem to me but instead of getting all worked up about it he went on to say some good thigns and some positive feedback ever heard about something called compassion? your sarcasm in your responses was extremely discouraging.

I will edit though. but i can’t say thanks for the feedback.
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
hblika
Posted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 4:11 pm
Geez, if you can’t see how some of your sentences make absolutely no sense at all, I suspect you are beyond the point of learning how to write properly. Oh well, nothing I can do about that, except dishing out ratings of 1 or 2...
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 7:33 am
CarpeGuitarrem wrote:
I would like to either see a good overview of the Sams, or else a look at Great Elf Warrior...you can pick which one.

maybe I will rewrite this article sometime would that be OK cobra?
"DáinIronfoot"
Cobra
Posted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 12:05 pm
You can only submit a new article if it’s really a different concept; in this case I think you’re better off just editing this one.
http://cobracards.com -- Web's best deals on Trading Card Games.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest