LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest
Rate this article!

5 (Best)  
8%
  [ 1 ]  8%

16%
  [ 2 ]  16%

58%
  [ 7 ]  58%

16%
  [ 2 ]  16%

1 (Worst)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Total Votes : 12
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 12:36 pm
Quote:
He can be more of a force then most other hobbits.

’Then’ should be ’than’. You might have this mistake in other parts of the article - I’m not totally sure.
Quote:
Is Sam any better the Pippin of Merry or any other Hobbit?

A couple errors here.
Quote:
Another idea would be to have the hunters Gandalf ( or Radagast, Treebeard, or Gandalf, leader of the company) and have Alatar to transfer without adding burdens plus to give a minus strength for minions skirmishing Sam.

This sentence still doesn’t make much sense.
Quote:
When I reveal Pippin, Hobbit of some Intelligence I can remove one of the burdens I bid.

Pippin is played, not revealed.
Quote:
I play Green Dragon Inn as site 1, and exert Pippin, Hobbit of some Intelligence and Merry, Horticulturist to play Bilbo, Aged Ringbearer from my draw deck, removing a burden with Frodo, Tired Traveller (Frodo, Old Bilbo’s Heir is another option for ringbearer in this deck).

Doesn’t work. You use Green Dragon Inn at the start of your fellowship phase, thus you cannot use a fellowship action at the same time.
Quote:
Corruption: with Bilbo aged ring bearer, Sting, Weapon of Heritage on Sam, and Tom Bombadil corrupting my Frodo can be extremely difficult.

The way that this sentence is written, it sounds like Tom Bombadil is corrupting Frodo.

Hope this helps identify what is still wrong. Cheers Cheers

- AC
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 2:14 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
yeah I thought i fixed some of these

umm did you read my edited version I fixed the green dragon thing and the pippin thing it frustrates me that I could have maybe gotten a 4 if you had taken the time to read my edited version! Mad
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 2:24 pm
Please point me in the direction of the edited version. I don’t see it anywhere. Smile

The first post in this topic is the article I based my review on, and it still has those mistakes.
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 2:30 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
it wouldn’t let me edit it i guess I fixed it now
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 8:12 pm
Looks a lot better, although the ’reveal Pippin’ mistake is still in there. Also, near the beginning, you use ’then’ instead of ’than’.
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 7:22 am
OK I fixed most fo the errors I believe
"DáinIronfoot"
orian
Posted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 8:35 am
to me, and that’s really only my opinion, there was a deep lack of examples of what the "bad" Sams could do... and finally your article turns out to be a way to present your S,GEW deck
orian - the French pirate, the Bloody Bastard
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 2:09 pm
orian wrote:
to me, and that’s really only my opinion, there was a deep lack of examples of what the "bad" Sams could do... and finally your article turns out to be a way to present your S,GEW deck

you mean I really didn’t explain what some sam’s were capable of?
"DáinIronfoot"
orian
Posted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 7:51 am
a classification of the Sam rather than a list from oldest to newest would have been appreciated. A direct comparison of their effects too.

by the way you can’t deny that you spent as much time for sam, great elf warrior as you spent on all the others together
orian - the French pirate, the Bloody Bastard
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 7:13 am
you are right. maybe I shouldn’t have included the deck. oh well winning isn’t everything
"DáinIronfoot"

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest