LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion
Who's better?

Durin III  
62%
  [ 15 ]  62%

Gil-Galad  
37%
  [ 9 ]  37%

Total Votes : 24
PorterTroll
Posted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 9:31 pm
Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
Elendil is like a messed-up car; Gil-gilad is the paint and wax that makes it shine; Durin is the engine that makes it run. Cool

interesting way to explain it Very Happy
bobtheorc
Posted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 10:18 pm
Joined: 19 Mar 2006 Posts: 1218 Location: Wow, its hot in Iowa
AnxiousChieftain wrote:
bobtheorc wrote:
But it is incredibly fun to play a Grima and take 5-6 cards offa Durin.

It’s even funner to crush their hopes of doing so with a Slaked Thirsts or Great Day, Great Hour. Wink

That is a mean thing to do. Laughing Also Where Has Grima Stowed It? can still work.
But poor old grima isn’t used much anymore. I think he was to versatile though. You could splash him in any deck.
Just some ROs
Exclamation Ban the Overpowered OrcsExclamation
"Don't panic, I have paper!" - Taipan Popcorn
Is that Grima, Grief Counselor? - legolamb
Bobtheorcs Uruk-Hai Dcs
Bob’s wonderful !! updated !! Trade list
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 7:26 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
yeah GW really stinks if you don’t have that slaked thirst and of course now you hav lying counsel to worry about.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 10:22 am
Yeah, I think Lying Counsel is better, since it’s an event and they probably aren’t expecting it.
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
NBarden
Posted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 2:59 am
From someone who runs a killer dwarf deck with Durin III AND a Killer Elf deck with Gil-Galad, they’re both good for what they’re designed for.

Gil-Galad’s special fits right in with slamming minions in the regroup to set up that double move, after elf-archery takes its toll...and then with his spear and an Elven artifact deck? He’s pretty cool Cool

Durin III is perfect for dwarves. Perfect. Choke the twilight pool, and anything that manages to get through gets to fight a strength 20 dude with enough damage to kill ’em 10 times over. Well...maybe a little exaggerated, but you get the point.

With that being said, Durin III’s cooler, especially since I owned the Balrog with him. I mean, two Balrog’s in a row, the first was dropped easily before I could set Durin up, the second Durin was set up and also dropped easily.

And personally, I prefer lopping off Sauron’s head with a battle-axe over shooting him up with elf archery, absorbing any wounds he throws out, losing a companion, and then dropping him in the regroup phase for a perfect double move with an exhausted fellowship.

On the other hand, shooting up those swarms is funner than Gimli getting mobbed.

But overall, lopping off Sauron’s head is cooler than shooting up swarms. Durin III.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
shieldelf
Posted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 2:42 pm
Elfs pwn, need I say more??? Wink
Elfs pwn, need I say more??? Wink
My RPG
My DC contest
My trade list

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion