LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion
Chang
Posted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:45 am
what comes in a release kit? I saw some on a web stie for sale.
Chang
MSN: ensigndan@hotmail.com

I'm a Pirate...I sail the seas of Music...
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:47 am
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Decipher wrote:

The Hunters Release Kit 25 Copies of Haldir, Sentry of the Golden Wood to use in promoting the release of The Hunters....

That answer your question?
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
Chang
Posted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:55 am
well, the release kit I saw was for Siege of Gondor. but I think that basilcy asnwers it.
Chang

sickofpalantirs
Posted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 11:42 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
how expensive are they?
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Chang
Posted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 11:49 am
universal cards has a seige of gondor release kit for 21$. I’ve bought boxes there (before I found cobra) for cheap. box of FOTR is only 14$. there are some other release kits there too.
Chang

Merrick_Hale
Posted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 2:02 pm
Release kits in general came with 25 of an alternate image (or foil) card from the set being released and a t -shirt with said card.

For Return of the king it was Gandalf, Defender of the West AI
For Siege of Gondor it was Eomer, Keeper of Oaths AI
For Reflections it was Sauron, The Lord of the Rings AI
For Mount Doom it was Gorgoroth Swarm AI
For Shadows it was Arwen, Staunch Defender Foil
For Black Rider it was The Witch-King’s Beast, Fell Creature Foil (no shirt included in this release kit)

There wasn’t a release kit for Bloodlines, but the Guard of the white tree release foils were distributed through tournament participation.

Hunters had a release kit of sorts that included Haldir from Hunters in Foil. The release kit released around 6 months before Hunters actually wound up in stores, so it can’t be considered a release kit. That and the fact that the card didn’t say anything about Hunters Release on it like the other promos made it a bit less special. The Hunters release kit didn’t have a shirt.

They were originally available to DAgents and retailers for $25 and yes, I bought one of each from Siege through Hunters as I wasn’t a DAgent when the King one released. I distributed them to my players at tournaments and they seemed to appreciate it. Overall a pretty good deal for people who were collecting the 0P set.
Aaron Rhinehart
Rider of Rohan (retired)
DAgent #417 (retired)

This Incognito is a smooth operator - Lem0nhead
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 8:03 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Chang wrote:
universal cards has a seige of gondor release kit for 21$. I’ve bought boxes there (before I found cobra) for cheap. box of FOTR is only 14$. there are some other release kits there too.

i want a reflections one how much would that be?
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion