LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Standard
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 2:27 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
This is actually the decklist I’ve used against AP, with much success. I paired it with Infi Gandalf, but I think I’ll use it for Standard too. I love Corsairs!
Conditions
4x Under Foot
Events
3x New Strength Came Now
Minions
3x Castamir of Umbar
4x Corsair Boatswain
3x Corsair Marauder
3x Corsair Ruffian
Possessions
4x Black Sails of Umbar
3x Corsair Ballista
3x Corsair War Galley
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 2:55 pm
I would switch New Strength Came Now to Wind That Sped Ships. It’s cheaper, can give the same amount of strength, and is re-usable.
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 3:09 pm
Yeah, that’s one of the changes I was contemplating. After all, with Castamir, it’s easy to reinforce tokens. Actually, when I played AP, I had Harsh Tongues instead of Corsair War Galley. Needless to say, it didn’t work. Man, the tokens pile up fast, though! I think at Site 7 (when I dropped the C-Bomb Very Happy ) I had 5-6 tokens on each of my two Black Sails of Umbar.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 7:24 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
one thing so is corsair bomb basically you save a bunch of minion for one turn then you use your black sails of umbar and play your hand to swarm?
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 10:28 am
Basically, what I did was played corsairs early on to reinforce tokens on Black Sails of Umbar. Especially Castamir, because of his ability to reinforce 4 tokens by using his gametext to play a corsair like Corsair Ruffian. Then, late in the game, I used Black Sails to grab those corsairs from the discard, and combined that with the baddies in my hand. There was a bit of fancy token-maneuvering there, too.
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 10:30 am
CarpeGuitarrem wrote:
I think at Site 7 (when I dropped the C-Bomb Very Happy ) I had 5-6 tokens on each of my two Black Sails of Umbar.

5-6 on each? That’s an understatement. You had about 4 on one and around 8 or 9 on the other.
I had to put something here.
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 10:33 am
Laughing
Well, I guess it worked the same. Actually, I probably should have balanced it out more. But it worked the same. I love Corsair Ruffian and Castamir.
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 10:40 am
CarpeGuitarrem wrote:
Actually, I probably should have balanced it out more. But it worked the same.

Actually, it can be smart to not have them all have the same amount of tokens. I always try to load one up to 7 to play Castamir for free, but the rest are usually lower - some are 5 tokens so that the Marauder is free, so 3 so that the Plunderers (great minion!) are free, etc.
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 11:04 am
Hmm, Corsair Plunderer...I’ll have to consider using him.
PorterTroll
Posted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 2:46 pm
heck yeah! he lets you cycle AND add tokens, what more do you want! Wink

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Standard