LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Dream Cards
physcosick
Posted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 5:42 pm
Quote:
Actually, it’s not illegal if a card clearly states it is possible. That’s the reason I made this card rare, it IS supposed to ben the rules this way. I’ll try to fix the wording, though. And, in order for this to work the intended way, it HAS to be an instant. I think I’ll raise the cost, though.
But even if it bends the rules, it’s impossible! It’s about the stack.

It’s your opponents turn, he has priority. The only time you have priority is when he plays something or goes to move onto another phase.When he plays a spell or ability it goes on the stack, he passes priority, and you can respond with instants. Mana abilities do not use the stack, so you can’t respond to tapping a land for mana and you do not gain priority until he plays something. SO by the time he plays the spell, the mana is used up already and there is no way to take the mana back because it is aleady spent.

The only way it could work is if your opponent likes to tap out than play multiple creatures... which they won’t do. Or maybe tron, but even than it’s weird.
Felipe Musco
Posted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 5:51 pm
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
Well, I made a new wording to try and make it work the intended way. It now says: "Play X only in response to an opponent tapping a land/creature". This means that, if an opponent perform one of those actions, you "instantly" (they ARE instants...) respond with the card. I don’t see a reason why Wizards wouldn’t make something like it, it’d be fun as hell to "counter" a spell by simply denying the mana to cast it! But thinking carefully, now you have a point. Let’s say I tap ou to play a fatty, and my last land gets destroyed. I’d take one hell of a mana burn. Maybe I could deny mana burn this turn? This way, it’d be a good card, but a double-edged sword, since it would allow for a cool use of Tron/signets, without the worry of a mana burn. Think
I don't like YOU.
physcosick
Posted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 6:25 pm
but mana abilities DO NOT use the stack so you DONT have priority so you CAN’T play spells.

EDIT: Idea Idea Idea Idea Idea
You could make a new type of speed! Like sorcery, instant, interrurpt, etc... but this time you can have a new type of speed that allows you to play it anytime regardless of if you have priority or not... or you could make it a keyword... although it would screw up a lot of current rulings of the stack.
inresponse
Posted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 8:45 pm
goblin drums should be sorcey speed because being an instant makes the card insanely powerful. eotgdgg would be a common saying, and almost always true compared to other similar anacronysms.
Felipe Musco
Posted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 8:55 pm
Not sure what that bunch of letters mean, but thanks for dropping by, inresponse!
I don't like YOU.
inresponse
Posted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 11:36 pm
end of turn goblin war drums good game. A play on eotfofgg, or end of turn fact or fiction good game, which was a commonly said back in the time of invasion, since fof led to so many quick victories due to its instant speed massive card advantage.
physcosick
Posted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 12:11 am
i think it’s cost could be adjusted. But this is going to be an aggro deck with a low curve so you will generally only be able to play X being 4 at most. And even than I don’t think it would matter cause if they have haste u will play them at sorcery speed anyway. I just wanted it to be instant to give Red a Decree of Justice and a playable card that made dwarves
Felipe Musco
Posted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 4:42 pm
Also, those tokens ARE sacrificed at the end of turn anyway, so...
But I still agree with inresponse on this one, Red mages shouldn’t have this kind of defensive tricks up their sleeves, this is meant for White.
I don't like YOU.
physcosick
Posted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 4:44 pm
yeah.... i just wanted it to be cool... it really doesnt matter either way since 95% of the time it will be used at sorcery speed anyway.

Edit: fixed
Last edited by physcosick on Tue Sep 05, 2006 5:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Felipe Musco
Posted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 5:09 pm
Actually, you meant to say at sorcery speed, but I got it. Very Happy
Thanks you both for the reviews, I’m working on the next color, one i KNOW you guys oughta like! Twisted Evil
I don't like YOU.

Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Dream Cards