LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Standard
Pipeweed
Posted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 10:15 am
OK. I’ve done a few more modifications, adding back in the Whistling Death and Rapid Reload. If I add in mumak commander, giant among the swertings, what should I replace?

PW
Pipeweed's Haves/Wants: 100 NEW RARES!!
How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Cycle Engine
Joe Meets God: A Humorous Article on a Budget

GP http://fxhome.com/userref.php/11923 GP
orian
Posted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 10:33 am
I would say 1 pavise 2 fletcher of harad for 3 mumak commander, or something close
orian - the French pirate, the Bloody Bastard
Felipe Musco
Posted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 3:31 pm
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
What exactly are you exerting for Elevated Fire? I mean, it’s simply too expensive with the vitality on your minions... Of course, Pavise would help, but how ’bout some ways of playing minions again? Maybe a Gollum splash, with things like (just making a point, I don’t expect you to use all, or even most of the cards here) Evil-Smelling Fens, Strange and Terrible, and Not Alone (MAYBE Little Snuffler would fit in nicely) so you can play a Pavised Mumak Commander over and over, and even replay Mouth of Sauron so your Howdahs would be ALWAYS crammed full of tokens from Caravan from the South, making Elevated Fire and its huge cost almost unnecessary... Also, Whistling death simply seems way to costly, I’d drop it and resort more on the Mumak Commander + Howdah to get rid of annoying companions. I don’t know which format this is intended to, but if its open, Ulaire Enquea, Lieutenant of Morgul. Otherwise, people who break the rule of five will cause you some trouble...
As a last tip, if you DO decide to pack Gollum (or some other way of replaying minions, Men seems to have some, doesn’t it? Actually, just checked it, and they DO have. However, you could only try to intimidate the Freeps player with an unused Mumak Commander...), pair it up with a Fellowship that resshufles cards back, so you will always have a full Howdah. Just picture this: one single Mouth of Sauron with Pavise (if howdah is in play already) can get 12 tokens on it, which essentially means 7 archery, if you discard the condition. If you can get the Caravan from the South back in your deck, simply "reanimate" the Mouth of Sauron, Pavise him with Countless Companies and that’s 7 more archery, AT LEAST (and I’m not even considering reshuffling Howdah back, or packing more Archers to make it better)...
Just some random thoughts that ocurred to me, you see, I’m an okay deck-builder (at least I like to think so), but I have never played Evil Men Archery, so my ideas might not be that good... Think
Last edited by Felipe Musco on Mon Jul 31, 2006 3:40 pm; edited 2 times in totalI don't like YOU.
elf lvr
Posted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 3:34 pm
first of all howdah is ’at the start of the achery phase’ not sure if you got that. and if you want to kill off companions, precision targeting is the way to go. its almost teh only way to take down an ent deck, by targeting three companions intead of all of them. then play another one for the next three, and the next thre... so forth, so on...
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
PorterTroll
Posted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 10:56 pm
get rid of one of the howdahs to add another mumak commander or pavise
orian
Posted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 4:18 am
Hey felipe, interesting thoughts, let’s get into that a bit

Felipe Musco wrote:
What exactly are you exerting for Elevated Fire? I mean, it’s simply too expensive with the vitality on your minions... Of course, Pavise would help, but how ’bout some ways of playing minions again?

ok you can
1/ play less minions
2/ use pavises
3/ use the points follower can give
elevated fire is +3 archery!!!! +3 do you realize??? in 1card you have 3 archers!!!!!!!! at worse, play 1archer, give him a pavise, play elevated fire and rapid reload and howdah, that’s still fine

Quote:
Maybe a Gollum splash, with things like (just making a point, I don’t expect you to use all, or even most of the cards here) Evil-Smelling Fens, Strange and Terrible, and Not Alone (MAYBE Little Snuffler would fit in nicely)
we’re talking about a standard deck here. The expanded deck you’re describing is very good but has nothing to do with evil men archery. if you play those, you can enter not this time! or they stole it in the deck too.
Quote:
resort more on the Mumak Commander + Howdah to get rid of annoying companions.
I don’t get this one... howdah doesn’t make targeted archery
Quote:
I don’t know which format this is intended to, but if its open, Ulaire Enquea, Lieutenant of Morgul. Otherwise, people who break the rule of five will cause you some trouble...
lol obvisouly playing evil men archery in open is a bit of a suicide ^^

Quote:
pair it up with a Fellowship that resshufles cards back, so you will always have a full Howdah.
can you explain the resshufling please? except the x-listed gandalf card.... the name avoids me now... I don’t see

Quote:
Just picture this: one single Mouth of Sauron with Pavise (if howdah is in play already) can get 12 tokens on it, which essentially means 7 archery, if you discard the condition.
you can use howdah once a turn, thanks for playing...
Quote:
If you can get the Caravan from the South back in your deck, simply "reanimate" the Mouth of Sauron, Pavise him with Countless Companies and that’s 7 more archery, AT LEAST (and I’m not even considering reshuffling Howdah back, or packing more Archers to make it better)...
of course, this doesn’t work, I’m sorry... 4 howdah will give 4archery, even if there are 30 tokens on them

Quote:
Just some random thoughts that ocurred to me, you see, I’m an okay deck-builder (at least I like to think so), but I have never played Evil Men Archery, so my ideas might not be that good... Think
obvisouly you never saw Howdah but that were interesting thoughts, thanks for sharing them
orian
Posted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 4:23 am
elf lvr wrote:
first of all howdah is ’at the start of the achery phase’ not sure if you got that. and if you want to kill off companions, precision targeting is the way to go. its almost teh only way to take down an ent deck, by targeting three companions intead of all of them. then play another one for the next three, and the next thre... so forth, so on...

against ent decks
play anduin banks, play your archers
if they double, play city gates, play your archers
focus on mumak commander + pavise to exhaust big companions. keep whistling death in hand if possible.
take back anduin banks in hand
play it again
when they have 2burdens, switch city gates to neekerbreeker’s bog

if you manage to keep rapid reload on play, the ent player cannot play travelled leader, don’t forget that
ents will get very much trouble against evil men archery because, if they choose to double move, they will give lot of twilight, triggering huge amounts of rapid reload (even if they discard it afterwards) and if they choose not to move you can play anduin banks each site.

frankly, the more ents, the better ^^
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 7:19 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
whoah I didn’t know that about howdah! this may be off topic but isn’t howdah basically a minion double shot that works in any culture?
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
orian
Posted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 7:37 am
sickofpalantirs wrote:
whoah I didn’t know that about howdah! this may be off topic but isn’t howdah basically a minion double shot that works in any culture?

you can indeed play it like this Laughing
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 9:35 am
Unless it gets discarded by something like Seclusion. Smile
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Standard