LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Strategy Article Contest
Rate this article!

5 (Best)  
25%
  [ 1 ]  25%

50%
  [ 2 ]  50%

25%
  [ 1 ]  25%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

1 (Worst)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Total Votes : 4
La_Sin_Grail
Posted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 2:34 pm
But the problem with muddle is the jitte only makes any difference at all when you have hunted phant. A jitte on a defender means they’ll just wait for lethal damage on the board.

W/e.... I got in a small car accident, and I have to go do some jank at home for a while. I’ll be around some, but not much.
Felipe Musco
Posted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 4:33 pm
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
Yes, you’re quite correct, but you ALSO forget that those same defenders can ALL transmute for Hunted Phantasm... That, with my card-drawing ability is more than enough to turn the table and combo pretty fast, or, at early game, to keep me alive until I play a Leyline and start blocking/countering things, so I can start swinging. Wink
I don't like YOU.
La_Sin_Grail
Posted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 5:44 pm
So you’re only really playing four creatures? With putrefy and mortify around, I’m not so sure that’s a wise idea. I think you need something else in the way of creatures.
Felipe Musco
Posted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 8:02 pm
Putrefy/Mortify means less beating I’m taking. I can just counter those... I have enough counter power for this.
I don't like YOU.
La_Sin_Grail
Posted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:48 pm
I’m not so sure... don’t you want to be playing hunted dude turn three? and doesn’ that mean you tap out to play him?
Felipe Musco
Posted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 1:09 pm
I have been playing this deck without any Tidings (since it appears no one’s trading any Sad ), and I’ve decided to try it out without transmuters for jitte, drawing more cards instead. So, I’ve switched out 3 Muddle the Mixture and 3 Tidings for 4 Rune Snag (keeps me alive longer, being better overall since it does not cost BlueBlue) and 2 Flow of Ideas. Ok, it costs a lot, but since it’s only 2 copies, it usually lets you draw INSANE amounts of cards, you may even have to discard some! And, of course, this works wonders with Rune Snag, so that’s why I chose this new setup. What do you guys think about it? I’m thinking of editing the Article, to feature Rune Snag and either 2 copies of Flow of Ideas (losing some of the non-basics, maybe) or 2 copies of Tidings. So, feedback?
I don't like YOU.
La_Sin_Grail
Posted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 2:12 pm
I was actually tinkering with a blue deck for a while running 4 tidings, 4 flow of ideas, 4 compulsive research, 4 commandeer, and a bunch of little things. I reall like the flow of ideas, but I’m not sure you’ll last enough to get full use from it, personally. By playing the hunted (unless you have leyline down), you put yourself on a timeclock.
Felipe Musco
Posted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 2:32 pm
yes, but the idea IS to play the Hunted Phantasm ONCE Leyline is out, or, in desperate cases, when you can jitte him (so that he gains a little life fo you/kill some uglies) and have some card-drawing power in hand, so that you can search for Leyline faster. I played it like this for a while, and it’s actually owrking pretty well, specially if you use the secondary mana base, which has only one non-basic land, so you draw TONS of cards.
I don't like YOU.
La_Sin_Grail
Posted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 3:44 pm
once again, I don’t think it’s realistic to think you can have leyline and hunted every game, not to mention the possibility of kami of ancient law (or Ronom unicorn) out to ruin the party. Also, with so few creatures, if they removal him, you’re kind of toast, are you not?
Felipe Musco
Posted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 4:23 pm
Yep, pretty much! Very Happy But that’s why the rest of the deck is packed full of counters, so you can counter what you NEED to. And, of course, once you’ve played your Hunted Phantasm, you won’t care for the Leyline of Singularity anymore... Also, let’s face it, how many removals can they have, to ACTUALLY pose a threat to the Phantasm? 2, 3 tops (and that’s considering that horrible "non-snow" removal). It’s not that hard to keep him alive, you know... he’s really big Very Happy ! As I said, it’s not realistic to hope to have Phantasm AND Leyline out at the same time, but as long as you have Leyline OR Jitte, you’re fine. And, well, Phantasm WILL be out every single game, after all, we’ve got transmuters, card-drawing and the whole package. So, either one or the other will help keeping you alive if you have Phantasm out. I also considered playing with Loxodon Warhammer, but it just costs too much!
I don't like YOU.

Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Strategy Article Contest