LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Standard
Cobra
Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 12:37 am
Earthshaker wrote:
Does any know the best way to deal with this deck as an opponent ?

"Ninja Gollum" shadow:

In my opinion, the best way to beat it is just to play Gandalf for the mass condition removal. Two or three well-timed Grown Suddenly Talls, and you're set. (I like splashing Gandalf into decks anyway -- he's a solid fighter and a big help against corruption.)

Another way is to just try to slow the deck down. For example, a Gondor deck can stall by playing Sapling of the White Tree to prevent They Stole It wounds, Might of Numenor for healing, Derufin to discard the Webs, and a few spare companions for when people start dying. (Again, this is a good option because these are all good cards anyway.) It'll be a grind though.

You can also play Clever Hobbits, the trump card that will make any Ninja Gollum player break down into uncontrollable fits of sobbing. But I consider that a last-ditch option, since the card is useless against any other deck.

"Solo Smeagol" Fellowship:

Actually I don't have much advice for beating this deck... I've beaten it several times, but always just barely! Seems like archery would do the trick, though.

Other ideas? Smile
http://cobracards.com -- Web's best deals on Trading Card Games.
Grashopper
Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 2:25 am
Joined: 20 Jul 2005 Posts: 44 Location: Schalbruch, Germany
Archery/wounding rips solo smeagol apart. Archery does it better, as it requires less twilight. In Bloodlines, Evil Men archery got some real boosts with conditions Howdah to add archery wounds and Caravan from the South to add tokens to Howdah. Throw in some cheap archery minions and two new defining minions (Desert Wind and Voice of the Desert) and the usual bag of tricks (elevated fire and precision archery) and POOF! dead smeagol (and faramir). I got a shadow kill with this deck against a solo smeagol deck this morning online at site 5. Smile

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Standard