LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Strategy Article Contest
Rate this article!

5 (Best)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

33%
  [ 1 ]  33%

66%
  [ 2 ]  66%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

1 (Worst)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Total Votes : 3
Felipe Musco
Posted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 11:18 pm
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
Well, assuming I want to splash in birds, over WHAT? If I can find room for it, I’m definitly switching Fellwar Stone for Spectral Searchlight. A wider variety of mana quicker, AND pinging them for one! Very Happy
I don't like YOU.
Felipe Musco
Posted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:16 am
Also, I’ve been thinkin of switching Treasure Trove for Honden of Seeing winds, since it’s better to just pay one more mana and draw an extra card ad eternum without having to tap any more mana for that...
However, if Grail can find me the space to squeeze in Birds of Paradise, I’ll add Spectral Searchlight, and I may switch Treasure Trove with Walking Archive, although I’m already considering on doing it, since one Walking Archive, with 4 Spectral Searchlight, is BOUND to work wonders! And, if nothing, since I’ll be bouncing creatures off of my path, it IS a pretty solid beater, and helps pump my Vessel... What do you guys think? On this subject, maybe Mikokoro, Center of the Sea may be nice.
I may cut Eternal Dominion, it’s very expensive anyway, although I don’t think this would be a wise thing to do...
Last edited by Felipe Musco on Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:27 am; edited 1 time in totalI don't like YOU.
Felipe Musco
Posted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:27 am
I was also thinking on a different approach on stealing, but it would be a change to the deck that’s so traumatic, it may become another article...
I don't like YOU.
La_Sin_Grail
Posted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 6:31 pm
I’m thinking annex and/or dream leash may be overkill. In addition to costing a lot of mana, I thought you were supposed to be stealing from their hand..? and leash won’t stop things that aren’t creatures who attack. Annex is good but only in like voreish things where they really can’t get land down at all.
BrianBoitano
Posted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 6:49 pm
Umm... Annex comes down turn 4, where turns 2 and 3 are Boomerang, Eye of Nowhere... They won’t have any land down.
"Not again" -Hans
Hello kind Sir or Madam, I am a polite sig virus. Please put me into your fine and dandy signature so that I might continue to replicate. Thank you for your time.
La_Sin_Grail
Posted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 7:20 pm
Well, according to my guesses, you should only draw about 1.3ish of them by turn three... so I don’t think that’s exactly realistic. Vore runs eight bounce and four stone rains, upping the odds to about 1.8 or something, which makes it likely. With only eight copies in a sixty card deck, you won’t be able to count on that.
Felipe Musco
Posted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 8:01 pm
Dream Leash can be played on a tapped land.... Although it MAY be worth substituting for Birds... Think
I don't like YOU.
La_Sin_Grail
Posted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:49 pm
In my eyes, at least, birds is a better choice than leash. If you really want to steal land so badly, getting your steal engine up will be more effective than a 5-mana spell that’s easily stopped by Kami of Ancient Law and Ronom Unicorn (KOAL reprined as a non-spirit in coldsnap).
Felipe Musco
Posted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 5:49 pm
It may be worth a try. Although I’m not sure what to do it it works better: write another article or re-write this one. And, since we’re at it, any other suggestions, since I’m trying to splash in green?
I don't like YOU.
La_Sin_Grail
Posted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 7:57 pm
If you’re splashing green, I’m going to have to see a splashed decklist to help, sorry. I wouldn’t want to take the deck away from the way you intend it (give you a whole new concept or something), so I’ll need to see what you have planned for it before I can say anything of consequence. I think perhaps doing a part II article next month could work...

Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Strategy Article Contest