LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion
Pipeweed
Posted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 2:13 pm
I’m going to be playing in a tourney in a week or so and a few people I know will be playing Gondor Wraiths. What are good ways to beat them besides adding threats?

Thanks,
PW
Pipeweed's Haves/Wants: 100 NEW RARES!!
How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Cycle Engine
Joe Meets God: A Humorous Article on a Budget

GP http://fxhome.com/userref.php/11923 GP
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 2:26 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Wounding. Most Gondor wraiths come into play exhausted. Wound enough of ’em, and the FP player can’t stop it. Also, exerting events. Yes, this will trigger enduring, but eventually, the FP player will have to exert non-wraiths...like Frodo!
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
bobtheorc
Posted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 2:32 pm
Joined: 19 Mar 2006 Posts: 1218 Location: Wow, its hot in Iowa
Almost all Gondor wraiths deck may use Swept Away and Stronger and More Terrible. So find a way to condition discard or gain intiative to null Swept Away. Also if you have an archery deck you can force your opponent to load up Frodo with wounds since the exhausted wraiths cannot take wounds with swept away.
Exclamation Ban the Overpowered OrcsExclamation
"Don't panic, I have paper!" - Taipan Popcorn
Is that Grima, Grief Counselor? - legolamb
Bobtheorcs Uruk-Hai Dcs
Bob’s wonderful !! updated !! Trade list
fingolfin
Posted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 2:43 pm
Joined: 30 Mar 2006 Posts: 321 Location: it's getting hotter in Iowa every day
Get cards that discard conditions, without their conditions they are not too good.
Soldier: why'd you do that captain?

John Wayne: Because I hate your guts!!

Exerpt from "Iwo Jima."
PorterTroll
Posted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 3:02 pm
use troll swarm! Wink actually, you can use any big minions to put a wound on their wraiths, since their almost always exhausted, all you need is one wound to kill them.

or you can just use the new ninja gollum deck that pipeweed posted to add threats so they cant play their precious wraiths (bc most wraiths need to add threats to be played)

or you can go evil men archery, they usually have low vitality so just wound them to death with archery (it shouldn’t take more than 6 archery per turn for 3 turns to eliminate their wraiths and aragorn)

hope this helps or gives you an idea
"Don't be a Douche, Stop Piracy!"~Tenacious D
"One of my movies was called "True Lies." It's what the Democrats should have called their convention."~Arnold Schwarzenegger
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 3:36 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
PorterTroll wrote:
use troll swarm! Wink actually, you can use any big minions to put a wound on their wraiths, since their almost always exhausted, all you need is one wound to kill them.

or you can just use the new ninja gollum deck that pipeweed posted to add threats so they cant play their precious wraiths (bc most wraiths need to add threats to be played)

or you can go evil men archery, they usually have low vitality so just wound them to death with archery (it shouldn’t take more than 6 archery per turn for 3 turns to eliminate their wraiths and aragorn)

hope this helps or gives you an idea

trolls are worthless against gondor wraiths with swept away even if they don’t win they don’t take wounds. eventually threats might add up but they might have gandi with CtG. co. removal would work or overload with archery fi they have swept away down they will have to put it on frodo.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 3:52 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
I think Ninja Gollum is the way to go here. Now, it can’t always stop your opponent from playing wraiths, because Aragorn, Driven By Great Need takes those threats away. However, Not This Time! and the other new Ninja cards just feed off of threats!

Shelob, Her Ladyship is another reason to choose Ninja G, and not just because she’s enduring too.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
SnowBalrog
Posted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 4:33 pm
Joined: 26 Sep 2005 Posts: 63 Location: St. Louis, Missouri
Corsairs w/ War Galley to grab initiative (or for that matter... Underfoot Swarm would work wonders... especially with those guys that when assigned, deal a wound if you have initiative). Also Archery of any sort would be great... Evil Men would do fine.. maybe with a splash of those Morcs that add 2 to the archery total when you can spot threats.
Marcus: Our Snow Balrog would be a lot more impressive if it didn't keep melting.
Jason: Maybe if we used a little less lighter fluid...?
Gagnut
Posted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 5:05 pm
I think I would agree with CG if you get the cards that wound wraiths, you can kill them off easy, I can’t think of the title, but there are a fe Sauron orcs that say, shadow: exert this minon to wound a companion, there are others also, look for them.
I don't have an avatar, I don't have a sig, my posts speak for themselves.
Pipeweed
Posted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 5:29 pm
I have a knight deck with Morc Archery using initiative. That might work since I know some people are going to be playing Dunland Elder bomb. I can use fortifications to get rid of those pesky Dunlendings.

What do you think?
Pipeweed
Pipeweed's Haves/Wants: 100 NEW RARES!!
How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Cycle Engine
Joe Meets God: A Humorous Article on a Budget

GP http://fxhome.com/userref.php/11923 GP

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion