LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded
Cobra
Posted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 1:20 am
If Denethor’s in your starting fellowship, you’ll have Aragorn by site three anyway unless something goes horribly wrong. Although the new Uruk Hunters make early beats more likely than ever... maybe the starting fellowship decision will depend on your meta. However you do it, just make sure Denethor can do his thing at the first sanctuary and you’ll be all set!

Personally I’m not a big fan of Gondor’s token-reinforcing cards. Tradesman from Lebennin adds a lot of twilight, takes up a companion slot, and doesn’t give very much in return. And if tokens = strength bonuses, then Guarded City is basically a less reliable skirmish pump. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying these cards are bad, I just think you can find a better use for those slots. Sapling of the White Tree is always nice to have around...

Brego, Loyal Steed is another story -- his ability is nice. The horse can stay. Wink
http://cobracards.com -- Web's best deals on Trading Card Games.
TheGreatGatsby
Posted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 2:20 am
Alright, major deck update time. Here’s the new version:

Starting
Boromir, Bearer of Council
The One Ring, The Ring of Doom
Denethor, Lord of Minas Tirith
Faramir, Prince of Ithilien

Free Peoples (30 + Starting)
Aragorn, Isildur’s Heir
Elendil, High-King of Gondor
Anduril, Flame of the West
Narsil, Blade of the Faithful
Gondorian Sword x3
Brego, Loyal Steed x2
Kingsfoil x4
Scroll of Isildur
Sapling of the White Tree x4
Noble Leaders x2
Garrison of Osgiliath x2
Heirs of Gondor x2
Houses of Healing x2
Guarded City x4

I filtered out some of the less useful conditions and possessions to make room for more copies of the essential ones. I will miss Ithilien Trap, though, since it worked really well with Brego, Loyal Steed’s special ability. Maybe I should still have an extra copy of Denethor in the deck for healing purposes... What do you guys think?
Last edited by TheGreatGatsby on Tue Aug 15, 2006 9:41 pm; edited 2 times in total"There is no confusion like the confusion of a simple mind."
-Nick, The Great Gatsby
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 7:33 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
though narsil can be hard to get it would work well with saplings, anduril and scroll of isildur. yeah i would start denthor with faramir to help set up fast. is SotC all that neccasary

hope this helps
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 9:07 am
TheGreatGatsby wrote:
Maybe I should still have an extra copy of Denethor in the deck for healing purposes... What do you guys think?

I think that with Houses of Healing, you’ll have enough healing for him.

Looks like a great deck, great job!
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 2:42 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Nice, love all that token work!
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
Shadows
Posted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 4:50 pm
With houses of healing, you could perhaps drop a kingsfoil and put Pippin, Wearer of Black and Silver into your starting fellowship, as he sinks archery decks,and ensures you get through to site 3 ok.
TheShyzle
Posted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:25 pm
I would consider putting in at least 1 Storied Homestead and drop the Saplings for some more possessions. Bows or Armor of the Citadel or some other non weapon possesions.
LOOK HERE:
http://lotrtcgdb.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=5185

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded