LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Standard
bobtheorc
Posted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 9:54 pm
Joined: 19 Mar 2006 Posts: 1218 Location: Wow, its hot in Iowa
--- description ---
This is a Three Hunters deck that I recently made and would appreciate feedback on
--- end description ---

The Three Hunters!
Starting Fellowship
•Frodo, Weary from the journey with The One Ring, The Answer to all Riddles
Gimli, Eager Hunter
Legolas, Fleet-footed Hunter

Companions
4x Aragorn, Swift Hunter
2x Elven Warrior

Conditions
3x Forth the Three Hunters
2x Whatever End
4x Focus
4x No Quicker Path

Possessions
2x Ranger’s Cloak
2x Ithilien Blade
3x Sword of the Fallen
3x Elven Bow
2x Heavy Axe
2x Hobbit Sword
1x Ring of Accretion

This is a cheap three Hunters deck I made recently based on a deck by AC.
I would apperciate feedback on how to possibly improve this free peoples side without spending lots of money. For example, what sort of Dwarven conditions are there that can have Dwarven tokens on them for use with Heavy Axe? Also what should I try to cut from the deck? Also is there anything I need to add for Hobbit support?
Thanks for any feedback.
Exclamation Ban the Overpowered OrcsExclamation
"Don't panic, I have paper!" - Taipan Popcorn
Is that Grima, Grief Counselor? - legolamb
Bobtheorcs Uruk-Hai Dcs
Bob’s wonderful !! updated !! Trade list
elf lvr
Posted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 10:13 pm
Put in gandy or go for three hunters wounding. just my two cents though, if you dont want to go for that...

Drop Elven Warrior. Find something besides Heavy Axe. Anything. YOu dont need all those elven possessions, if you get rid of elven warrior. Frankly, get ways to have your companions win skirmishes. IB is almost worthless unless you have ways to increase minions site numbers, IMO.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 7:48 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
he has a point gimli can win a skirmish but aragorn could have troubles versus most decks minions he are skirmishing are not roaming by site 6.

maybe cut a sword of the fallen and a bow and add in 2 gonodr pumps

oh he wins skirmishes by forth the three hunters
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Felipe Musco
Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 9:57 am
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
Why not use The Prancing Pony, so you only have to use one copy of Aragorn? That’ll clear up some space...
I don't like YOU.
bobtheorc
Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 2:32 pm
elf lvr wrote:
Put in gandy or go for three hunters wounding. just my two cents though, if you dont want to go for that...

Drop Elven Warrior. Find something besides Heavy Axe. Anything. YOu dont need all those elven possessions, if you get rid of elven warrior. Frankly, get ways to have your companions win skirmishes. IB is almost worthless unless you have ways to increase minions site numbers, IMO.

Okay.. I will try to replace heavy axe.
This deck does win alot of skirmishes with No Quicker Path and Aragorn’s ability.I do have prancing pony but I would have to bid 3-5 to get first.
Bobtheorcs Uruk-Hai Dcs
elf lvr
Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 3:13 pm
Hopefully, four copies of focus will help heal aragorn, forth the three hunters looks like your prime skirmish winning engine.

Something else, you need swarm and corruption protection of some sort. With the release of Hunters, almost any non-hunter beatdown style shadow is probably going to go down, and we’ll probably see a lot more use out of corruption and swarms. And if a beatdown shadow is good enough to keep, its gonna be pretty darn good...
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 7:17 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
yeah I almosty killed it with corp. today but I got killed by some other people first Sad

but he had 8 burdens by site 4 i believe
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
bobtheorc
Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 9:54 pm
What would you recommend for swarm and corruption protection?
Bobtheorcs Uruk-Hai Dcs
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 2:41 pm
corp I have no idea.

swarm welll actually with your frodod swarm might not be a big problem.
"DáinIronfoot"
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 2:54 pm
elf lvr wrote:
IB is almost worthless unless you have ways to increase minions site numbers, IMO.

Not really. It’s awesome at saving your Freeps from a Site-2 Castamir with a Halberd, or other such large minions early in the game.
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Standard