LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest
Rate this article!

5 (Best)  
16%
  [ 1 ]  16%

83%
  [ 5 ]  83%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

1 (Worst)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Total Votes : 6
Pipeweed
Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:16 am
Wow. Thanks for the awesome advice Felipe. I really appreciate it Very Happy

hblika: The ability to drop the bomb over and over is this: The deck is almost all minions. When I draw up my shadow cards 98% of the time they will be minions, and with the Captain, I can pull back an extra Regular or Vigilant Uruk.

Also, it is usually not necessary to drop the bomb more than 3 sites in a row. They are usually dead on the first or second time.

I pair it with a Rohandalf deck using Simbelmyne and Gamling, Defender of the Hornburg. It sets up before site three and then chokes the rest of the way. I also have final account in there to pull back extra cards if I need them.

This allows me to set up fast, and then save all my minions for a bomb, and then do it again.

As far as relying on a good amount of twilight, this deck is almost guaranteed to have enough unless playing against a deck like Solo Smeagol. In region 3, you are getting 6 for the region alone, plus the site, plus the companions, and plus whaty your opponent plays.

Like I said in the article, this deck usually needs to be paired with a FP side that cycles well and sets up fast to work well.

Also, here are the decks I remember that I have beaten with it:

Pipeweed/Moria Swarm
Dwarves/Sauron Discarding Corruption
Elven Archery/Southron Wounding
Elven Archery/Uruk Tracker Beatdown
Elvent/Beasterlings

There have been others, but I can’t remember them off the top of my head
Pipeweed's Haves/Wants: 100 NEW RARES!!
How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Cycle Engine
Joe Meets God: A Humorous Article on a Budget

GP http://fxhome.com/userref.php/11923 GP
Felipe Musco
Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:28 am
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
Thanks! Like I said, I actually PLAYED this deck (back on FotR block, so the minions were slightly different), it was the Shadow of my friend’s (the one who share cards with me) deck, and as I said, we were undefeated, mostly because of our shadows. It won us most of our games. But, of course, he DID get to use Saruman... Oh, and I don’t know your meta, but since back in FotR EVERYONE played Aragorn, he included 2 copies of Can you Protect Me From Yourself? to pile in some burdens, check if that fits you. Since Armor and Gimli’s Helm was ALSO a pain, he also used Beyond the Height of Men (Troop of Uruk-hai fares GREATLY again, ’cause all of that exertions). Oh, I forgot to mention he used Lurtz’s Battle Cry. However, on Towers Block, he played ANOTHER awesome Uruk Shadow with swarms and Attack on Helm’s Deep, so you could think of combining them. Uruk Stormer is nice on this subject, combined with Enquea (Enquea don’t activate it, but you can sue Enquea to weaken several companions, so the damage+X, due to the Battle Cry, kills them), due to the high damage number, and Uruk-hai Band, Uruk-hai Mob, Uruk-hai Patrol and Uruk-hai Horde were just KILLER, as, OF COURSE, was Uruk Vanguard. I guess, though, that this would call for a totally different type of shadow, but I think that, combining it with the Worry + Rampage combo (I never actually tried it like this, though), using Captain and Evil Afoot (did I mention it also gets Saruman back? Wink ), and either Saruman (overkill) or Broad-bladed Sword, and that guy you use to turn all sites into battlegrounds, it’s going to make a KILLER shadow! Hum... I smell an Article... Think
I don't like YOU.
Pipeweed
Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:31 am
I considered some of those cards, but decided against them. The Brawling Uruk + Intimidating Uruk combo was the meat of this deck, allowing me to succesfully cancel Cirdan, or Greenleaf, etc.

I went from there 4 Regulars was a must, and 3 Captains (not 4, because he is unique). A key thing to remember is that this is primarily a bomb, not a swarm. It does swarm effectively but the primary function is to bomb. That’s the reason for cards like Invincible Uruk etc. He’s 4 cost, but his ability is great.

Please vote if you haven’t yet Very Happy

Felipe Musco
Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:38 am
What’s the difference between a swarms and a bomb?
I don't like YOU.
Pipeweed
Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:39 am
They are very similar. A swarm focuses on repeatedly playing a large number of minions over and over again, while a bomb focuses on dropping a single deadly swarm over 1-2 sites.

This deck has the ability to do both, but mainly focuses on a single bomb.

Felipe Musco
Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:48 am
Oh, yes, I also forgot that, back there, we HAD Summit of Amon Hen... It really helped a lot.
I don't like YOU.
Pipeweed
Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:49 am
Yeah. Summit of Amon Hen is an awesome site. It is in almost every FOTR deck I built.

bobtheorc
Posted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 10:07 pm
Joined: 19 Mar 2006 Posts: 1218 Location: Wow, its hot in Iowa
Pretty good article. You still misplelled cards as cars in one place but no other grammar errors to my knowledge.
You strategy us pretty good also.
I give you a solid 4.
Exclamation Ban the Overpowered OrcsExclamation
"Don't panic, I have paper!" - Taipan Popcorn
Is that Grima, Grief Counselor? - legolamb
Bobtheorcs Uruk-Hai Dcs
Bob’s wonderful !! updated !! Trade list
Pipeweed
Posted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 11:25 pm
Thanks BTO. I appreciate it Very Happy

(Oh, and also, sorry if this looks like your Uruk Swarm article. I tried to make it different, and while it is a completely different strategy, I’m sorry if you feel like I copied you.)

EDIT: I changed the "cars" to "cards"

MR. BOB
Posted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 6:04 pm
O M G that is awesome jese that’s just awesome
Homage

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest