LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest
Rate this article!

5 (Best)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

40%
  [ 2 ]  40%

60%
  [ 3 ]  60%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

1 (Worst)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Total Votes : 5
Lord of the Shire
Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 3:15 pm
A Thousand apologies oh patient one! Laughing
Felipe Musco
Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 3:22 pm
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
Since you decklist only features Free Peoples, that’s actually what I meant by posting the sites.
Yeah, I managed to play a Gandalf deck in FotR block, so I’m pretty darn good in thinking out combos!
For instance: care for more wounding?
Galadriel, Lady of Light
Celeborn, Lord of Lorien
Rumil, Elven Protector
Orophin, Lorien Bowman
Calaglin, Elf of Lorien
Pair these up with Secret Sentinels, and you’ve got some nice answers to almost anything they throw at you, even corruption!
Silinde, Elf ofMirkwood and Uruviel, Maid of Lorien can make A LOT of combos, too, with Shadows site path!
Dinendal, Silent Scout with Galdor, Councilor from the West can choke them a lot, alongside Gandalf’s staff.
Oh, and since we’re talking about allies, you Bilbo + Filibert Bolger, Wily Rascal = burden removal "for free"...
Oh, did I mention Double-Shot?
And, if you want a "survival" card, you can always use the Sam, Proper Poet + No Visitors, or just use No Visitors along with Frodo, so he NEVER gets swarmed. Oh, did I mention this Sam can become a ringbearer, if things go horribly wrong at site 9 and Frodo is swarmed? Just save PATHS and play them on Sam’s skirmish, AFTER he becomes the rind bearer, since he’ll have, like, 0 burdens...
Phew, lot of ideas flowing. Just don’t know how you’re gonna make any of them work! Very Happy
Last edited by Felipe Musco on Sun Aug 13, 2006 3:30 pm; edited 2 times in totalI don't like YOU.
elf lvr
Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 3:26 pm
Felipe, just hurry up and write an article on this. You’re obsessed.

People are telling him he needs a slimmer deck. What do you think he should take out for all these wonderful, fabulous cards?
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
Lord of the Shire
Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 3:31 pm
Actually I don’t think I really need the elf allies. I’d prefer to keep it where it is. As for it to be slimmer, you go through the cards quickly. I had it at 35 at first but ran out of cards. As I said, if you have a good shadow for cycling you will do fine.
Felipe Musco
Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 3:36 pm
It’s as I said, they’re random ideas.
I’d consider PATHS x4, Filibert Bolger, Sam, Proper Poet and No Visitors x3, taking out:
Into Dark Tunnels x2 (just not that necessary)
A Wizard is Never Late x2 (simply add another Gandalf)
Not the First Halfling
Shadowfax
Long I fell x2
Wielder of the Flame x2

And btw, my FotR block deck will be on the Deck Clinic tonight, the one my friend played (mine is already there, lost somewhere), and that article IS coming out sometime soon, when you least expect it! Wink
Last edited by Felipe Musco on Sun Aug 13, 2006 5:44 pm; edited 1 time in totalI don't like YOU.
elf lvr
Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 3:39 pm
if he’s playing open, he should use Son of Hamfast, not proper poet IMO. Filbert Bolger and No Visitors? Probably uneeded. Remember, the purpose of the deck is to kill the minions before they get to skirmish.

Sam might not be bad, for his own burden removal, and simply spotting another companion with bilbo.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
Pipeweed
Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 3:42 pm
Hmm. Good article, but a little hard to read, and there are some things that could be done better with the deck (Felipe mentioned most of em Razz) I’ll decide whether to give this a high 3 or a low 4.

GW Very Happy
Pipeweed's Haves/Wants: 100 NEW RARES!!
How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Cycle Engine
Joe Meets God: A Humorous Article on a Budget

GP http://fxhome.com/userref.php/11923 GP
Felipe Musco
Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 4:32 pm
Actually, I was more interested in the Proper Poet + No Visitors combo, canceling 2 minions that slipped through your defenses. Although burden removal can be good, too...
I don't like YOU.
elf lvr
Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 5:10 pm
but Shire followers have to add burdens to transfer and he doesn’t need more of that... or is no visitors any follower? were you thinking of alatar?

EDIT: ahhhh yes it is any follower, quite interesting...
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
bobtheorc
Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 9:58 pm
Joined: 19 Mar 2006 Posts: 1218 Location: Wow, its hot in Iowa
I re-read the article.
I know think I will give you a 4 probably.
Pretty decent overall.
I was playing with and 80 card deck today and was able to cycle well so I take that back.

Certianly more combos that can be put into the deck but it is fine for now.
Exclamation Ban the Overpowered OrcsExclamation
"Don't panic, I have paper!" - Taipan Popcorn
Is that Grima, Grief Counselor? - legolamb
Bobtheorcs Uruk-Hai Dcs
Bob’s wonderful !! updated !! Trade list

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest