LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest
Rate this article!

5 (Best)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

100%
  [ 4 ]  100%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

1 (Worst)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Total Votes : 4
PorterTroll
Posted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 5:11 pm
I have no doubt that your sam could beat sauron in a skirmish, but im skeptical that he could actually overwhelm him. But if you can indeed overwhelm him, please explain how.
elf lvr
Posted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 5:27 pm
I don’t think he ever said his sam could overwhelm sauron, did he? I believe I was the one who made that statement...
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
PorterTroll
Posted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 5:34 pm
in the intro to the article he said that his hobbits could overwhelm sauron, so i was wondering how he did it
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 6:22 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
sickofpalantirs wrote:
it seems like a deck in some ways you just mention a bunch of cards and stick them in a deck. also how are you going to get 4 hobbit cards in your discard pile for chance observation

That’s another of my complaints. Skirmish events are few and far between in this deck, and so getting four cards discarded-unless they’re strength-boosting conditions like A Promise-is difficult. But if your conditions are getting discarded, well, you’re also in trouble and it cancels out.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
orian
Posted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 7:12 am
the following points were missing:
- followers
- pippin,brave decoy + everyone know strategies
- which shadow side you yourself use

also don’t make me believe your fellowships resists to forest nazguls... orc burdens will completely destroy you, especially if you choose to go second (but they most certainly will go second), as for corsairs - fierce in despair kills your deck and they will play it back every turn... I think you can with this deck resist quite ok but won’t be able to run very fast.

also, you absolutely need to plyay Rosie Cotton, barmaid , if you expect to survive to the first sites
orian - the French pirate, the Bloody Bastard
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 7:52 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
PorterTroll wrote:
in the intro to the article he said that his hobbits could overwhelm sauron, so i was wondering how he did it

unm where did he say that I can’t find it.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 12:31 pm
In the description.
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
WitchKingBlkCapt
Posted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 12:38 pm
Sorry for being away for a couple days, but here are some explanations. I did in fact get Frodo up to a strength of 68 and I can do it almost constantly. When I did do that I had 11 tokens on each Sudden Fury and one event in hand and it was also site 9 as well so maybe that helps a bit. The Businessman aren’t exactly there to win everything they are more there to help same and lose the skirmishes without overwhelm. The four cards in the discard pile for chance observation comes simple. If you get event clogged throw some of them away. Also, Humble Homestead and Tale of the Great Ring get discarded as well. As far as the shadow side i use with this I did say in the last paragraph what is best that I have found to work with them and that is the Forest Nazguls that I use with them. Corsairs are always a tough matchup and I will praise the corsair player if he has enough twilight to play Fierce in Despair over and over. Fporest Nazgul you just have to watch where you skirmish so that you can watch where their Lost in the Woods go. I also built this deck based on the one I actually built and yes it works wonderfully. Other than that I think I covered everything.

Cheers,
WKBC
"Do not stand between a nazgul and his prey."
MySpace
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 7:23 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
AnxiousChieftain wrote:
In the description.

ohhhh OK yeah.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 10:21 am
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
I still don’t know about that Corsair match-up. Fierce in Despair isn’t exactly the key component of many Corsair bombs. A bigger portion of it is Castamir, since you can pump him up to a Base 22 Strength (Castamir + 3 exertions + Raider Halberd + Corsair Ballista), and Wind that Sped Ships ups that to 28. And if you use all of your strength boosts on Sam, Great Elf Warrior, there still could be so many corsairs that I can pile two or three on your RB.

You also misgeneralize Nazgul Corruption. It doesn’t revolve around Forest sites, except for Woody-End and The Angle. And those often get manipulated out via Ulaire Nelya, Third of the Nine Riders. Courtyard Parapet will easily add burdens, and Keening Wail + Wraith Wraiths and Dark Swooping Shadows could very well be the death of you. Played regularly again and again, that’s probably a net gain of 2 burdens per site, at least.

And you forgot Ninja Gollum in your shadows! It’s still a viable force in Standard...especially with Shelob to take care of Sam.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest