LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 7:03 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
WitchKingBlkCapt wrote:
You guys all forgot when Aragorn was sitting in the Prancing Pony and he said this to the hobbits. "Dead? No, you cannot kill them" Granted Aragorn is not as wise in lore as Gandalf but he still knows quite a bit about the nazgul.

Besides as long as I’m around the Witch King still lives! Twisted Evil

WKBC, do you have a reference or exact quote? Because I just looke through the entire chapter "Strider", and I couldn’t find anything like that. Was it from the movie?

But looking at that quote, he may have been saying "...you cannot kill them." This would, of course, refer to their vulnerable condition at the moment.

I concede your last point. Wink
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
theOmnipotentOne
Posted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 11:55 pm
sickofpalantirs wrote:
I think eowyn killed him.
CarpeGuitarrem wrote:
Furthermore, I can work up a little bit according to the Prophecy, proving that Gollum, by destroying the Ring, couldn’t possibly have killed him, since he is both considered a "man", as he is male-and he could also be considered a "Man", as hobbits were related to Men.
You guys are reading into the whole "no man can kill me" thing a bit too much. Eowyn did no such thing as to kill him. Well, she may have struck that finishing blow, but who was it that stabbed him in the back with an elven blade? Now do you see it?
Gagnut wrote:
"Never Heard Again" doesn’t SAY he died, it just said that he wasn’t heard from again. HE died when the ring was destroyed, like Felipe said.
CarpeGuitarrem wrote:
"Never heard again in this age of the world." was the exact quote.
Well, since LOTR did not extend beyond a couple hundred years of the 4th age, we dont know that he may not have survived somehow. Maybe his spirit attached itself to another source of power, and maybe he’s clinging to life in a half-life sort of way a la the "Necromancer" at Dol Gulder.
~n00blit eater
Minnesota Twins > BoSox, Yankees, Dodgers, AND Mets... COMBINED.
Pippin
Posted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 12:10 am
WitchKingBlkCapt wrote:
You guys all forgot when Aragorn was sitting in the Prancing Pony and he said this to the hobbits. "Dead? No, you cannot kill them" Granted Aragorn is not as wise in lore as Gandalf but he still knows quite a bit about the nazgul.

Gullom said that in the dead marshes LOTR The Two Towers
Pippin Dancing
Last edited by Pippin on Sat Aug 19, 2006 12:10 am; edited 1 time in total
elf lvr
Posted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 12:10 am
It’s not just the WK’s claim. It’s a prophesy made by Glorfindel (the first Glorfindel). And Gandalf refers to it too, I believe:

"That which no living man can kill." Or something like that.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
theOmnipotentOne
Posted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 12:15 am
elf lvr, and what eventually lead to the "death" or defeat at least of the Witch-King?
~n00blit eater
Minnesota Twins > BoSox, Yankees, Dodgers, AND Mets... COMBINED.
elf lvr
Posted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 12:29 am
Eowyn stabbing him in the face?
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 7:13 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
yeah the WK died when eowyn stabbed him end of story
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
bobtheorc
Posted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 8:02 am
Joined: 19 Mar 2006 Posts: 1218 Location: Wow, its hot in Iowa
elf lvr wrote:
Eowyn stabbing him in the face?

Look at Swift Stroke
Exclamation Ban the Overpowered OrcsExclamation
"Don't panic, I have paper!" - Taipan Popcorn
Is that Grima, Grief Counselor? - legolamb
Bobtheorcs Uruk-Hai Dcs
Bob’s wonderful !! updated !! Trade list
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 10:30 am
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
I don’t place much stock in the cards as a source of Tolkien evidence, but the book clearly states that it was Eowyn’s blow that did it. And even if it was the "finishing blow", it still killed him...that’s the definition of a "finishing blow".
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 11:06 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
well yeah actually i think she got him in the neck or something.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion