LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded
legolamb
Posted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 11:07 am
sickofpalantirs I’m saying that the Ranger of Ithilien s would be the rest of his companions. Did you see the Mauhur deck part? Question
I know BobtheOrc, sickofpalantirs, Peterpot and all the other Iowans. And I have an evil plan to KILL them, HA HA HA HA HA(just kidding)
Felipe Musco
Posted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 11:59 am
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
I personally like the Gondorian Ranger + What Are They combo better than using Ranger’s Cloak, cause it allows you to start off a Ranger R-b, two Gondorian Rangers and Madril, and you can even get one other Ranger with The Prancing Pony. If you can cycle sites, you can grab another one at site 3, and you’re set. Along with Ithilien Blade and some Citadel of Minas Tirith, you’ge got a pretty powerful engine. Add in some Fortifications to either make the site number bigger or to reduce vitality, and you’ll probably lose very few skirmishes. You could probably choke them a lot like this, while maintaining a high vitality. Faramir and his bow, along with Aragorn and his bow will clear off te board pretty quickly, there’ll be nothing left during the skirmish phase to even bother your Ring-bearer.
I don't like YOU.
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 12:12 pm
Felipe Musco wrote:
the Gondorian Ranger + What Are They combo

What Are They is a maneuver event, while Gondorian Ranger’s text only works on minions assigned to skirmish Ring-bound Men (which cannot happen in Maneuver, as far as I know Smile).
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
Felipe Musco
Posted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 12:45 pm
d'oh! You’re right! My bad!!! But Madril STILL works nicely this way. Just pile up on threats, and use cycling to get What Are They back into the deck and Citadel of Minas Tirith to heal the guys after site 3, so you can double ad eternum.
I don't like YOU.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 7:40 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
legolamb wrote:
sickofpalantirs I’m saying that the Ranger of Ithilien s would be the rest of his companions. Did you see the Mauhur deck part? Question

oh OK sorry.

but he might start all hsi companions in his fellowship it is quite doable.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 7:41 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
legolamb wrote:

oh OK sorry.

but he might start all hsi companions in his fellowship it is quite doable.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Shadows
Posted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 8:33 am
FP:33

Starting:
1x Frodo, Courteous Halfling
1x The One Ring, Answer to All Riddles
1x Faramir, Captain of Gondor,
1x Madril, Defender of Osgiliath
1x Aragorn, Strider
1x Pippin, Wearer of Black and Silver
Companions:
2x Damrod, Dunadan of Gondor
2x Halbarad, Ranger of the North
Possesions:
4x Ithilien Blade
4x Ranger’s Cloak
1x Ranger’s Sword
1x Aragorn’s Bow, Ranger’s Longbow
1x Faramir’s Bow
1x Sting, Bane of the Eight Legs
Events:
4x Swordsman of the Northern Kingdom
Conditions:
4x Invigorated
2x Gondor Bowmen
1x The Saga of Elendil
1x Boromir, My Brother
1x The Tale of the Great Ring

that’s my expanded format Ithilien Blade deck, if it’s any help.

Just out of interest does anyone know of decent gondor possesion removal(without splashing Gandalf) as I played this against Corsairs last night, and did pretty good, till he got Ships of Great Draught out, as then all the threats I added just got sucked into tokens every shadow,meaning Madril did nothing (thank god my beasterlings ate his dwarves at site Cool.
Felipe Musco
Posted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 8:48 am
Here’s a list of what I could find:

Derufin
Iorlas
Oathbreaker (not exactly what you asked for, but he DOES discard possessions)
Valorous Leader (same here)
Hope Renewed

There might be some other ones I missed, I don’t know, but I think Hope Renewed or Derufin might be your best choices (and not very good ones, you know...).
I don't like YOU.
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 8:52 am
Derufin is best for discarding possessions in a Gondor deck, especially since he can also discard conditions that are engines or machines.
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
Felipe Musco
Posted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 8:58 am
Yes, but he doesn’t exactly "fit" in the deck’s strategy... Well, I guess that if Rangers could ALSO discard possessions with ease, it just wouldn’t be fair for the other keywords! Laughing
I don't like YOU.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded