LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Gameplay Questions
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 7:19 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
does the freeps player have to add (4) for his starting companion/s?
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Merrick_Hale
Posted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 7:49 am
Nope. Comprehensive Rules Book 4.0 states on page 4:
"Don’t place any tokens into the twilight pool for the cards in your starting fellowship."

If you haven’t read the Comprehensive Rules book, I highly recommend it. Download it once and save it to your computer for future reference (that way you don’t have to download it every time you want to look at it). There will be a lot of answers to pretty basic questions that are spelled out in it. If after reading the CRB you have more rules questions that weren’t explained well or fully, feel free to ask. Smile
Aaron Rhinehart
Rider of Rohan (retired)
DAgent #417 (retired)

This Incognito is a smooth operator - Lem0nhead
Felipe Musco
Posted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 11:46 am
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
Not only that, but you ALSO benefit from any "when comes into play" effects, like Pippin, Hobbit of some Intelligence, from FotR block. And, since you play them one at a time, you CAN meet "spot" requirements, so if you have a Dwarf that reads: "while you can spot a dwarf, this card’s twilight cost is 2", which is a bit different from the text we find in GLorfindel, Revealed in Wrath, you’d STILL be able to play Gimli (since he costs 2), and then spot him to play this other dwarf for 2. The same is true for cards that only require spotting an elf, or a dwarf.
I don't like YOU.
Merrick_Hale
Posted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 11:48 am
Yep. Thus you can play Gimli Bearer of grudges, Linnar dwarven lord (or any other 2 cost dwarf) and Durin III dwarven lord in your starting fellowship if you do it in that order.
Aaron Rhinehart
Rider of Rohan (retired)
DAgent #417 (retired)

This Incognito is a smooth operator - Lem0nhead
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 5:04 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Merrick_Hale wrote:
Yep. Thus you can play Gimli Bearer of grudges, Linnar dwarven lord (or any other 2 cost dwarf) and Durin III dwarven lord in your starting fellowship if you do it in that order.

yeah i do that. I have the CRB but i haven’t memorized it(that is why I have you!)
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 7:57 pm
Felipe Musco wrote:
Not only that, but you ALSO benefit from any "when comes into play" effects, like Pippin, Hobbit of some Intelligence, from FotR block.

However, IIRC the Ring-bearer is not played - he is just already there, so if you use Smeagol, Bearer of Great Secrets then you do not add a burden.
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
hblika
Posted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 3:01 am
AnxiousChieftain wrote:
Felipe Musco wrote:
Not only that, but you ALSO benefit from any "when comes into play" effects, like Pippin, Hobbit of some Intelligence, from FotR block.

However, IIRC the Ring-bearer is not played - he is just already there, so if you use Smeagol, Bearer of Great Secrets then you do not add a burden.

Just nitpicking... The Ring-bearer isn’t "just already there", but placed on the table, and therefore not counting towards the cost of the starting fellowship.
I'm not stupid. I'm just unlucky when I'm thinking.
Felipe Musco
Posted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 12:03 pm
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
Quote:
hblika wrote:
AnxiousChieftain wrote:
Felipe Musco wrote:
Not only that, but you ALSO benefit from any "when comes into play" effects, like Pippin, Hobbit of Some Intelligence, from FotR block.

Just nitpicking... The Ring-bearer isn’t "just already there", but placed on the table, and therefore not counting towards the cost of the starting fellowship.

My turn! Very Happy It goes like this: you sit on the table to play, and you and your opponent PLACE the Ring and Ring-bearer at the table (so, no cost and/or effects, since the game has not even started yet!). THEN, you bid burdens to see who goes first. The first player plays his site 1, and ONLY THEN you play starting fellowships. See? You’re already on the Adventure Path, so that’s why "when you play" effects happen. Also, note that you DO get to see site one BEFORE placing you Fellowship, andthis COULD mean you could start differently depending on what an opponent’s playing, and your options for fetching on site 1 (you most likely will have some).
I don't like YOU.
bibfortuna25
Posted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 12:06 pm
Actually, you bid before revealing your Ring-bearers.

It goes:

Bid
Place Ring-bearer
Add burdens
Determine who goes first
Play site 1
Play starting companions.
All cards do what they say.
elf lvr
Posted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 4:19 pm
so, technically, if you were playing fellowship block and had the site that made each hobbit twilight cost -1, you could have merry, pippin, frodo and aragorn in your starting fellowship (since you play companions after the site is played).
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Gameplay Questions