LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded
Shadows
Posted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 12:29 pm
--- description ---
These are the two free peoples decks i’ve been running.I’ve been out of the game for over a year,so any advice on how to update my decks would be appreciated. The first is a fighting last alliance deck and the second is dwarves.
--- end description ---

Deck.1

FP:32

Starting:
1x Isildur, Bearer of Heirlooms
1x The One Ring, Isildur’s Bane
1x Glorfindel, Revealed in Wrath
1x Arwen, Queen of Elves and Men
Companions:
3x Aragorn, Elessar Telcontar
2x Faramir, Dunadan of Gondor
1x Elrond, Herald to Gil-galad
Possesions:
4x Sapling of the White Tree
1x Narsil, Blade of the Faithful
1x Scroll of Isildur
1x Ranger’s Sword
1x Aragorn’s Bow
1x Sword of Gondor
1x Faramir’s Bow
1x Gwemegil
1x Asfaloth, Elven Steed
1x Elven Sword
1x Vilya
Events:
2x Secret Sentinels
2x Supporting Fire
Conditions:
2x The Last Alliance of Elves and Men
1x Shadow Between
1x The Tale of Gil-Galad
1x The Saga of Elendil
1x Boromir, My Brother

Strategy:
It’s fairly simple,basically you load up the companions with their gear,Faramir and Aragorn get Last Alliances,unless you’re facing a swarm in which case Isildur gets one,and Aragorn gets the other.

Faramir and Aragorn’s bows get wounds on minions pre-skirmish for Arwen to boost,and Aragorn’s bow can be used to kill minions off directly if necessary.

When fully boosted,my companions are: Isildur(14)Glorfindel(10)Arwen(10)Aragorn(14)Faramir(12+however many wounds Isildur has picked up/i’ve transfered with Aragorn)

Deck.2:

FP:34

Starting:
Gimli, Bearer of Grudges
The One Ring, The Binding Ring
Durin III, Dwarven Lord
Linnar, Dwarven Lord
Companions:
2x Uri, Dwarven Lord
Possesions:
3x Dwarven Axe
3x Hand Axe
3x Dwarven Bracers
2x Ring of Fury
2x Ring of Guile
1x Ring of Accretion
1x Gimli’s Battle Axe, Trusted Weapon
1x Gimli’s Helm
Events:
4x Search Far and Wide
4x Honed
2x Blood Runs Chill
Conditions:
4x Lord of Moria

Again a fairly simple strategy,give Durin a load of possesions and kill things with him.The lords of Moria make Uri a beast,and the search far and wide’s provide cycling.BRC kills shadow conditions.

so yeah,those are my two decks.the first is paired with Beasterlings and the second is paired with corsairs. any advice/critiscm to help me make them tourney competitive is appreciated (I play expanded format incase you hadn’t guessed)

Many thanks in advice.
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 1:11 pm
First off, welcome to Cobra Cards! I’m AnxiousChieftain (commonly known as AC), one of the Moderators for this site.

The Cobra Cards forums have an automatic link-system that only works if the card titles are complete and are not attached to other characters. For example:

1xArwen, QoEaM (your version)
1x Arwen, Queen of Elves and Men (fixed version)

More info on the auto link system can be found here. I edited your post so that all the card titles link - it makes much easier for people to review now.

Regarding your Last Alliance deck, I think it looks very good. I made a deck almost exactly the same - the main difference is that instead of Unique weapons, I used (mostly) generic Elven and Gondor weapons. Also, Secret Sentinels should be replaced with Seclusion, because SS needs an Elven ally to work, and it could take a while to get Elrond into hand. Speaking of Elrond, he works great in a deck like this, and I think another copy or two of him should be included.

Hope this helps!

- AC
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
Shadows
Posted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 1:16 pm
thanks for the help. I might drop an Aragorn for another Elrond,Herald to Gil-Galad.Does that sound like a good idea?
TheGreatGatsby
Posted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 2:09 pm
That would work, unless you need Aragorn right away. Or you could take out Vilya. It does enable Elrond to heal an extra companion, but getting your Fellowship set up sooner is probably better. And since Aragorn, Elessar Telcontar has good healing capabilities and Seclusion takes care of conditions, you should be okay.

You could even switch out Aragorn, Elessar Telcontar for a ranger version (like Aragorn, Thorongil) and use the Prancing Pony to pull him at the start of the game. Then you’d have a free space or two for more copies of your key cards.
"There is no confusion like the confusion of a simple mind."
-Nick, The Great Gatsby
Shadows
Posted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 2:55 pm
I’d like to keep Vilya,just because healing that extra wound off a companion can be the difference between them surviving a double or not.

If I got Aragorn, Thorongil would you say I only need the one in the deck?

Perhaps this:

1x Legolas, Greenleaf

2x Elrond, Herald to Gil-Galad
1x Aragorn, Thorongil

then switch Gwemegil for Aiglos, and the two Secret Sentinels for two Seclusions, and keep the rest of the deck the same?

I’ve put Greenleaf in,as he is soo useful for picking off big annoying enemies(like the Castamir of Umbar) and also is more useful in the move from one to three.

Thanks.
elf lvr
Posted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 4:23 pm
Welcome to CC! I’m Elf Lvr, the self-proclaimed guy without a girlfriend, also the guy who made the strangest prank ever on cc (at least I think so). But you probably don’t care, its really beside the point, I’d just like to say hello! Very Happy

I think that corruption could be a major problem for your decks, esp. your LA deck. If your playing expanded, a lot of corruption decks will be running around...

Also, in the second deck, I must point out the classic problem of all durin decks, grima, wormtongue. Also, it could have a problem with archery.

Strength isn’t everything! Very Happy Although it sure does help... Wink
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
legolamb
Posted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 5:49 pm
Applause Welcome to Cobra

I agree with elflvr that Grima is a major hindrance with Durin decks. Crying or Very sad I am in the process of making a Durin/Grimbeorn deck myself. Mr. Green

I would keep the Telcontar. Think

Please avoid triple-posting. Thanks! ~AC~
I know BobtheOrc, sickofpalantirs, Peterpot and all the other Iowans. And I have an evil plan to KILL them, HA HA HA HA HA(just kidding)
TheGreatGatsby
Posted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 6:26 pm
Shadows wrote:
I’d like to keep Vilya,just because healing that extra wound off a companion can be the difference between them surviving a double or not.

If I got Aragorn, Thorongil would you say I only need the one in the deck?

As long as you start The Prancing Pony you’ll only need one copy of Aragorn, Thorongil. That way you could keep Vilya for healing and condition removal.

Aragorn, Elessar Telcontar is useful, but he’s more expensive and he can’t be drawn by the Prancing Pony. So if you want to go with the healing strategy, stick with 3 or 4 copies of Elessar Telcontar (the extra ones can be used to heal him when necessary). But if it’s more important to get your fellowship set up, I’d say go with a ranger version (Thorongil is a very good choice).
-Nick, The Great Gatsby
Shadows
Posted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 6:35 pm
Thanks for the welcomes everyone.

A build I just thought of...

Total:32

Starting:
1x Aragorn, Strider
1x Pippin, Wearer of Black and Silver
Companions:
2x Elrond, Herald to Gil-Galad
1x Arwen, Queen of Elves and Men
Possesions:
4x Sapling of the White Tree
1x Narsil, Blade of the Faithful
1x Scroll of Isildur
1x Ranger’s Sword
1x Aragorn’s Bow
1x Sword of Gondor
1x Faramir’s Bow
1x Gwemegil
1x Asfaloth
1x Elven Sword
1x Vilya
Events:
2x Secret Sentinels
2x Supporting Fire
Conditions:
2x The Last Alliance of Elves and Men
1x Shadow Between
1x The Tale of Gil-Galad
1x The Saga of Elendil
1x Boromir, My Brother

does that look any good? With that build, I have an increased chance of getting elrond, and Aragorn is there straight away. I can grab Faramir with prancing pony,but incase I dont win the bid, i have the second in there to make sure(and heal).
TheGreatGatsby
Posted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:45 pm
This could work. However, without your Elves in the starting fellowship, the Last Alliance of Elves and Men may not be very effective. I’d say stick with the Elves in the starting fellowship and pull Aragorn with the Prancing Pony. If you’re worried about corruption, a couple copies of Elf-song should do the trick. Pippin, Wearer of Black and Silver works better with a roaming-based deck, so he might not be worth putting in this deck.
-Nick, The Great Gatsby

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded