LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest
Rate this article!

5 (Best)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

100%
  [ 3 ]  100%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

1 (Worst)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Total Votes : 3
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 5:03 pm
--- description ---
This deck protects your Ring-bearer with turbo strength Dwarves.
--- end description ---

Solo Smeagol, because of low vitality, is susceptible to archery. Elves suffer from only average strength and vitality. Gandalf and Ents add too much twilight, Men are often prey to corruption, and Hobbits suffer from low strength.

Dwarves, on the other hand, can easily make your fellowship average at around 10-12 strength per companion. Dwarven cards can also give your Ring-bearer a resistance of at least 10, and Dwarves have vitality of at least 3. This Dwarven deck can make your fellowship a beast, and on extremely low twilight.

Companions

Starting Companions

Gimli, Bearer of Grudges is your Ring-bearer. Originally only a 4 resistance, his resistance bonus is equal to his damage bonus. Using Proud And Able, Ring of Fury, and a few possessions, you can make Gimli have a resistance of 10, while beefing his strength at the same time with the possessions.

Dain Ironfoot, King Under the Mountain is a great companion to minimize twilight use. His text makes every Dwarf and Gandalf companion twilight cost -1.

Durin III, Dwarven Lord is the highlight of this deck. With Durin III’s and Dain’s text combined, you can play Durin III in your starting fellowship for only 1 twilight. Durin III’s awesome "strength +1 for every possession and artifact" text makes it easy to boost him at least a 16 strength!

Other Companions

Thrarin, Smith of Erebor is a great companion to wipe out minions with high vitality because of his damage bonus text.

Linnar, Dwarven Lord only has 7 strength, but his skirmish phase action is great for mini-cycling and getting the extra damage bonus to take down high vitality minions.

Possessions

Dwarven Axe is the main weapon in this deck, not only because of the free twilight cost, but also the great discarding ability.

Hand Axe is a super weapon because it can be used along with one other hand weapon. For no twilight, you can boost a Dwarf’s strength by +3 using Dwarven Axe and Hand Axe!

Ring of Fury should only be born by the Ring-bearer, because of the damage +2 bonus. The regroup healing ability is also a good option if your opponent is not using corruption.

Ring of Guile, Ring of Accretion, and Ring of Retribution all have similar abilities, except that Ring of Retribution boosts the bearer’s vitality by 1.

Conditions and Events

Conditions

Proud And Able is your prime resistance booster. Not only does it help out your Ring-bearer, it also boosts your other Dwarves’ damage bonuses, especially Durin III. Using Proud And Able, you can easily have a 16 strength, damage +5 Durin III! Shocked

Events

Axe Strike works extremely well with this deck because it includes 8 axes. With Axe Strike, you can boost your Dwarf’s strength by +2, or +3 if that Dwarf bears an axe.

Starting

Gimli, Bearer of Grudges
The One Ring, The Ring of Rings

Dain Ironfoot, King Under the Mountain
Durin III, Dwarven Lord

Companions

2x Thrarin, Smith of Erebor
1x Linnar, Dwarven Lord

Possessions

4x Dwarven Axe
4x Hand Axe
2x Ring of Guile
2x Ring of Fury
2x Ring of Accretion
2x Ring of Retribution

Conditions and Events

2x Proud And Able
4x Axe Strike

Total: 31 cards

Strategy: Very simple; pump Durin III and Gimli early, then get out Proud And Able to boost Gimli’s resistance. Use Axe Strike to boost you Dwarves’ strength, and use Linnar and Fury for healing.

I hope that this article has been helpful and informative. Thank you for reading.
Last edited by Anonymous Prodigy on Wed Aug 23, 2006 8:51 am; edited 3 times in totalI had to put something here.
Felipe Musco
Posted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 5:09 pm
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
I’m missing Flurry of Blows, and AT LEAST some version of Gimli’s Battle Axe... Also, some armors might come in handy, if any is useful. Book of Mazarbul helps with the cycling, and Endurance of Dwarves is AMAZING. Pallando could come in handy if you play Corruption or Gollum, discarding some key conditions...
I don't like YOU.
PorterTroll
Posted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 5:16 pm
interesting choice of companions, but i have a few questions:

1.) What is the main strategy? My Dwarf deck also incorporates the resistance boosing effects of proud and able, but it also has a token engine as well as a stacking to wound combos. What I’m saying is that if you want to make this deck better, you should add another strategy to go with it (such as the stacking with preparations or the gloin token engine).

2.) Why so few companions? I would recommend adding in an uri since all of your dwarves will have such amazing damage bonuses. He will be able to exert to make himself strength +5 easily. Also, if your playing with a beefy shadow, such as trolls Wink , grimbeorn might also be a nice choice. Another great staple companion is Brand, King of Dale, he adds archery, and he gives a +1 bonus to every Dwarven and Gandalf man companion!

Other than those points, i like this deck and i see that it has a lot of potential. Very Happy
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 7:18 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Fm BoM only works in fellowship block but flurry fo blows could be really nice.

brand would be a nice addition and if you want resistance arod gives 2 with PaA
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 7:03 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Flurry of Blows is a must, for sure, and I’d love to see some strategy like card-stacking. You also don’t have anything to help with card cycling. If you did, you could stick more cards in there.

Also, it’s generally the best policy to only have 1 copy of each ring, because they’re not essential, and you don’t want to clog your hand. Ring of Fury would be good for a 2x, because you want it for Gimli. But not the others.

And I miss your Blood Runs Chill...a must-have Dwarven card for any deck! How else are you going to knock out Ninja Gollum or prepare for a double-move?
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
hblika
Posted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 8:38 am
Did you forget to include any cards in your decklist?? I can only count 27 fellowship cards, which isn’t legal in any format Razz
I'm not stupid. I'm just unlucky when I'm thinking.
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 8:51 am
Mad I meant to include 4x Axe of Khazad-dum.
I had to put something here.
hblika
Posted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 9:28 am
What do you need Axe of Khazad-dum for??? With 4 x Dwarven Axe, there’s only left 1 companion for the Axe of Khazad-dums...
I'm not stupid. I'm just unlucky when I'm thinking.
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 9:30 am
With Dwarves, I usually come up against some major possession discardal.
I had to put something here.
Pipeweed
Posted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 2:27 pm
Hmm. It could be pretty good, but no BRC? Gimli’s Battle Axe of any kind? Flurry of Blows?

I will give you a 3. It looks like it could have a lot of potential, but is missing some crucial cards.

PW
Pipeweed's Haves/Wants: 100 NEW RARES!!
How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Cycle Engine
Joe Meets God: A Humorous Article on a Budget

GP http://fxhome.com/userref.php/11923 GP

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest