LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Strategy Article Contest
Rate this article!

5 (Best)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

100%
  [ 2 ]  100%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

1 (Worst)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Total Votes : 2
La_Sin_Grail
Posted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 4:56 pm
you play ironfoot, you’re tapped out to top and they char... I don’t know. I guess I really don’t like combo decks too much because of the rampant disruption running around.
Felipe Musco
Posted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:30 pm
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
And THAT’S the Magic of Servant of the Unseen! I TOLD you this card was nice! ut ok, it’s going to take Sensei’s Divining Top to rotate out before people notice it. Not to mention synergy with cards like Telling Time and the likes.
I don't like YOU.
La_Sin_Grail
Posted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 10:16 pm
The magic of what? I’ve never heard of that card before... I think if there were actully decent tourneys with snap and K-block, this might be able to go somewhere, but it seems to me a little bit pointless to make a deck with K-block and Coldsnap... I don’t know. That’s why I didn’t write a deck primer Very Happy. I’m waiting to see some leaked cards from Spiral.
Felipe Musco
Posted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 10:31 pm
Felipe Musco wrote:
And THAT’S the Magic of Servant of the Unseen! I TOLD you this card was nice! ut ok, it’s going to take Sensei’s Divining Top to rotate out before people notice it. Not to mention synergy with cards like Telling Time and the likes.

Actually, that’d be Survivor of the Unseen Embarassed
I don't like YOU.
La_Sin_Grail
Posted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 10:34 pm
OoOoO! I’m not quite sure how good he really is, though... he looks like he ties up a whole lot of mana quickly. I don’t like cum. upkeep 1, but cum 2 is a little much, even for mana-acceleration happy me.
Felipe Musco
Posted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 11:37 am
Yeah, that’s why you run 4 copies of him. He accelerates your drawing for a while, and if he gets too expensive, during your upkeep, you activate his ability BEFORE paying the cost, and sac him. Pretty good, actually, I only hoped he’d cost one less mana. But hey, drawing 2 cards is not that bad, huh?
I don't like YOU.
La_Sin_Grail
Posted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 3:19 pm
I don’t know... it looks to me like a net:

5 mana
Draw two, discard one twice

I would rather be playing tidings, outside reanimation. It nets:

5 mana
Draw four.
Felipe Musco
Posted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 3:24 pm
Actually, I think you missed the interaction with Counterbalance. It reads draw 2, adn put any card in your hand (obviously, the one with the same mana cost as the spell your opponent played) on top of your library.
And yeah, Tidings rocks, wish I could get a hold of some.
I don't like YOU.
La_Sin_Grail
Posted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 3:59 pm
right, but you only get to see two cards anyway... I don’t know. I just hate cum. upkeep a lot. And if you tap him the second time before you sac, that won’t involve counterbalance, just the first time will.
r2d2quino
Posted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:09 pm
I don’t know, I think the other posters said all I wanted to. What if you’re faced with Weenie or Gruul? That many creatures costing one mana are going to be difficult to counter... What if they slap down Leyline of Lifeforce, then? You’re dead. It’ll take you about 5 turns to bounce it back with a Repeal, and until then? You’ve got a whole bunch of dead cards. I also missed a side-board, instead of "random cards you might want to use".

Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Strategy Article Contest