LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Gameplay Questions
Glamdring
Posted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 2:44 pm
Let’s say I have Ulaire Cantea, Faster Than Winds in my hand. My opponent has 2 Shadowplays out, and one Unheeded in hand. When I play Ulaire Cantea, FTW can I add a threat for each companion over four, or does he die from 2 exertions and an Unheeded before I can use his ability?
Felipe Musco
Posted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 2:51 pm
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
I believe you could add the tokens, since the moment you play him from your hand, the tokens are added. Then, he is exerted, and the event is played, thus killing him. You wouldn’t be ablt to use any abilty with Shadow as the proper phase, but in my conception, borrowing some knowledge from MTG, Cantea’s ability should trigger anyway, since it triggers at the very same time...
I don't like YOU.
taipan
Posted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 3:22 pm
I guess when two or more special abilitys happen at the same time, the freeps decides which came first.
corvus
Posted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 3:33 pm
Joined: 13 Oct 2006 Posts: 1696 Location: Roaming, but dangerous!!!
I remember for sure a post on D:
It summarized to say that if a corsair marauder was played, then shadowplay would exert him, unheeded would kill him, community living would heal each hobbit, and he would not even manage to say hi let alone discard a possession.
Click here if you want to trade some foils away Wink
Far, Far beyond the island we dwelt in shapes of twilight
Through draught and weary days
Through grief and endless pain
Felipe Musco
Posted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 3:59 pm
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
That’s why I love Magic! LotR lacks a "stack"! It helps out things like these A LOT!
I don't like YOU.
elf lvr
Posted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 4:02 pm
I think the fellowship player has the first action, as he would in other phases. He takes the "exert to wound" action, and in response to his own action, before yours takes place, play unheeded and kill the minion. However, with two shadowplays, it may go like this:

Shadowplay: Exert to wound
Cantea: Add threats
Shadowplay: Exert to wound
Response: Unheeded: minion dies

Or it might all happen instantaneously... where’s bib or M_H, they would know...
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
corvus
Posted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 4:29 pm
Joined: 13 Oct 2006 Posts: 1696 Location: Roaming, but dangerous!!!
What you said is totally logic EL. Each player takes optional actions starting with the fpp.
Click here if you want to trade some foils away Wink
Far, Far beyond the island we dwelt in shapes of twilight
Through draught and weary days
Through grief and endless pain
Merrick_Hale
Posted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 4:40 pm
What EL said is correct. In the most recent FAQ, under the action procedure, step 5 describes what happens when you play a card. This tells you that when there are multiple effects that happen at the same time they are resolved by following the action procedure.

A way to keep the threats from being added would be if you had two Unheeded in your hand since they would both respond to the first exertion of the minion. However if you use two shadowplay to exert him for your one unheeded in hand, Cantea will get to add the threats.
Aaron Rhinehart
Rider of Rohan (retired)
DAgent #417 (retired)

This Incognito is a smooth operator - Lem0nhead
Glamdring
Posted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 4:31 pm
Thanks, I think you are correct. Smile

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Gameplay Questions