LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest
Rate this article!

5 (Best)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

66%
  [ 4 ]  66%

16%
  [ 1 ]  16%

16%
  [ 1 ]  16%

1 (Worst)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Total Votes : 6
Felipe Musco
Posted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:14 pm
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
Hey, I’m sorry, you know, but the guys DO have a point. Also, you CAN simply edit your article, so you beef it up. This is for the otehr guys here, I think you should only RATE an article in the last weeks of the month, so:
1- The author has time to REPLY to anything you say
2- You can compare posted articles, so grades are more fair
3- The author has time to EDIT the article to make it better, if he wants to.
I don't like YOU.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 7:01 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
I don’t think people should be comparing articles.
tey should pretend that this is the only article in the contest
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
orian
Posted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 6:19 am
frankly, we can’t talk about strategy when the deck list takes half the space of the entire article.
orian - the French pirate, the Bloody Bastard
PorterTroll
Posted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 10:16 am
I think that CC members need to stop being so picky about what to call an "article" and what to call a "decklist". We are spending so much time deciding on whether or not an article is in fact an article, that we never even get around to analyzing the context.
TheShyzle
Posted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 5:31 pm
Well said PT. It seems that the effort that we put in to articles is somewhat wasted when people only critisize. Sure I would like to win the contest but more than that I like to try and have some discussion about the strategy and get some usable feedback more than someone to tell me that I spelled a word wrong. Eh?
LOOK HERE:
http://lotrtcgdb.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=5185
elf lvr
Posted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 5:44 pm
sickofpalantirs wrote:
I don’t think people should be comparing articles.
tey should pretend that this is the only article in the contest

Applause

orian wrote:
frankly, we can’t talk about strategy when the deck list takes half the space of the entire article.

No, we can’t talk about strategy when the decklist IS the article, with a paragraph of strategy thrown in. This looks ok to me.

PorterTroll wrote:
I think that CC members need to stop being so picky about what to call an "article" and what to call a "decklist". We are spending so much time deciding on whether or not an article is in fact an article, that we never even get around to analyzing the context.

There is a definate diference between a decklist and an article, and I think that if the article doesn’t have enough content, it should be rated less for that. However, with this article, that isn’t a huge problem.

TheShyzle wrote:
Well said PT. It seems that the effort that we put in to articles is somewhat wasted when people only critisize. Sure I would like to win the contest but more than that I like to try and have some discussion about the strategy and get some usable feedback more than someone to tell me that I spelled a word wrong. Eh?

Some people don’t put effort into articles, so when we criticize, there’s nothing to waste. However, again, this is not a problem with this article, it is not a stub of strategy with a simple decklist. No one should make posts about JUST spelling, however, if a person doesn’t re-read an article to pick up on blatant spelling errors, it shows something about the effort they put in. But still, spelling shouldn’t really lower the rating of an article all by its lonesome.

Overall, good article IMO, I’ll be giving it a 4.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
TheShyzle
Posted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 5:46 pm
Thanks EL Smile
LOOK HERE:
http://lotrtcgdb.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=5185
Pegasus
Posted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 7:12 pm
Well, today I played a very similar deck combined with Gollum wounding-Nazgul-Morc-burden-threat deck. And it works fantastic for playing and replaying key sites to help the shadow side. There is a card that can help a lot for healing: Simple Living when you play the no visitors event. Another card that can help is Frodo Gamgee, Son of SamWise.

The problem for this Hobbit deck is decks based in overwhelm the Ring bearer with the new orcs with Massing Strength.

You got a 4 from me

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest