LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Trading Forum
LeoKula
Posted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 2:11 pm
Emil Kaasbøll from Norway?

I’ve searched mahasa and G.A.B. and found nothing about him... has he contacted any of you about a trade? He did contact me but he doesn’t seem to have a list anywhere...

Thanks in advance!
If you have a MW Éomer, Horsemaster, please let me know what you want for it Smile
OneFathom
Posted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 6:20 pm
Leo:

I actually got a trade offer from him/her sometime last week. I didn’t recognize the name though. I passed on a trade simply because I didn’t want to give up what he/she was interested in. I never heard back from this person after that. I would suggest if you do trade with this person, require them to send first just to be on the safe side.
bunnydaman
Posted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 8:28 pm
Joined: 11 Jun 2007 Posts: 338 Location: 'hillbilliesville'
thats weird. he isnt on CC, so how did he contact you?
-"He’s like a spamming assasin." ~lem0nhead about SoP
"Yes, I'm a girl. And no, not like elf lvr."
[idea from FM]
OneFathom
Posted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 8:38 pm
There are plenty of other LOTR trading sites in addition to CobraCards. The one Leo is referring to is Mahasamatman, a great trading site for LOTR which used to be HUGE (1000+ LOTR traders at the game’s peak). LeoKula, NBarden, Berger850, josiah_of_rohan, myself and others are members there too. That’s probably the most logical way this person got a hold of Leo or could just be a visitor to the CC website and not a member.
NappyKorn
Posted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 9:35 pm
Yes he contacted me as well he is on mahasamatman he has no refs and was still wanting me to send first, then when I realized he had no refs and i wanted him to send first of got offended and wanted to send at the same time refusing to do things the way i believe they should be if you have no refs you should send first if the other person has refs. Something is fishy about him. I have his MSN ID which is his email as well if you need it LMK. Not trying to tarnish his reputation or anything with this but it came off wierd to me. Might just be me but I turned down the trade with him/her.

NK
No Room
Collection 4 Sale
Deck Wants
OneFathom
Posted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 9:46 pm
Nappy:

You did the right thing most definitely. If this person doesn’t understand the importance of references, then don’t even bother trading with him unless he sends first. If the cards don’t arrive, then you can either figure he never sent them, or that they got "lost" in the mail which does happen from time to time. It is entirely possible it’s a scam too.
josiah_of_rohan
Posted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 9:50 pm
Joined: 13 Aug 2005 Posts: 723 Location: Indianapolis,Indiana
i will not send first anymore, but thats because i have refs from any site that im on....

i sent first for the first couple trades i did/do on any new site

after that i will either simulsend or have them send first if they dont have refs...

as far as this guy goes... if he made a trade request to me and didnt have any refs, i would make him send first (just as a precaution)
my trade ist is here http://trade.mahasamatman.com/Rings/list_show.pl?user=keltnerj
NappyKorn
Posted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 9:50 pm
I decided not to trade with him, and now i went back to mahasamatman site and he is not listed anymore i searched for people with the cards he offered me and his name never once popped up, so either he split from the site or prehaps never had the cards to trade to me anyway. If I were you Leokula I wouldn’t waste my tme with his trade, but that is completely up to you my friend. I also like to mention how everyone or at least most the people on this site take the time to look out for each other, that is something hard to find in a large group of people anymore. Great Comminity here at CobraCards.

NK
No Room
Collection 4 Sale
Deck Wants
lem0nhead
Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 4:17 am
I got ripped off by a dude named Jan Erik Dypvik also from Norway. He had no references but wanted me to send first, and seeing as it was only a small 2 crappy rare for rare trade i agreed to send simultaneous. I noticed a day after that this Emil was also new to mahasamatman and they had given each other a reference. Now they are both missing from mahasamatman, due to "unknown reasons" as its stated on the site. I never heard from the trade again and no cards so i reported him to gab. (Who have done nothing by the way).

So i dont care about tarnishing reputations as this sounds dodgy as hell. Avoid these 2 like the plague.
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
LeoKula
Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 6:40 am
Thanks a lot for all repplies Very Happy

It’s really weird that he has no refs at all and doesn’t want to send first, it happened to me too. Anyway the trade was too good for me to turn down, so I just agreed to send at the same time, but I’m only sending mine after his cards get here Twisted Evil
If you have a MW Éomer, Horsemaster, please let me know what you want for it Smile

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Trading Forum