LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest
Rate this article!

5 (Best)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

14%
  [ 1 ]  14%

85%
  [ 6 ]  85%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

1 (Worst)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Total Votes : 7
fingolfin
Posted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 3:34 pm
Joined: 30 Mar 2006 Posts: 321 Location: it's getting hotter in Iowa every day
--- description ---
With the quantity and quality of the Horse people’s events, one is not only set to retake the Riddermark, but conquer the enemy himself.
--- end description ---

Rohan Valiant Rohirrim events Rohan

The time is about 3 months ago, and I was looking through my binder. When I suddenly noticed, “ Look at all this pumpage, spears, horses, mail, pumps for damage pumps for up to +5 strength!!!” First off the Companions

For the Eomer which is almost always a necessity, Eomer, Valiant Warchief works well, as I usually have 4-6 valiant companions out early, but Eomer Horsemaster is a good one too.

For the Theoden which is also a necessity for Ride With Me, I would use Theoden, Leader of spears.

For the rest of the companions:

Elfhelm Marshal of Rohan
A good valiant companion for this deck as I love built in Pumps

Grimbold Marshal of Rohan
Works very well with Elfhelm Marshall of Rohan and also Rohirrim Mount, With addition to being able to cycle.

Household Guard
This companion is the only non-unique Valiant companion so would only be used with Eomer Valiant Warchief.

Now the staple, the Events.

Ride with me
I can’t resist a huge pump like this, and with Theoden having the vitality pump with Snowmane noble Mearas, Herugrim Sword of the Mark, and even Spear of the Mark. This is one of my favorite Events.

Fey he seemed
Always a must in Rohirrim decks.

White Hot Fury
Only good against Raider cards, but can be somewhat useful with Rohan Stable Master.

Fight for the Villagers
On the bottom of my list as it doesn’t give damage and only gives +3 even if you can spot a villager.

Morning Came
Can be bad as my opponents usually love it when they cycle so you can actually help them with this card.

Hamstrung
The +5 is good but is too hard to get unless you have a speed deck.

Wind in his face
like morning came.

Work for the sword
I like the damage bonus which is good against Ninja Gollum.

Let us be swift
An excellent card for discarding conditions.

Simbelmyne
The best Rohan event out there.

Looking through all that there are some good events, but the conditions should not be overlooked.

Thundering host
An excellent condition that works well with Grimbold Marshal of Rohan, and which I will talk about later.

We left none alive
As it isn’t hard to get an exertion with the Rohirrim this is good against 2 vitality minions, but I would only put 1 copy in my deck

The deck strategy is simple and has 3 main points:
1, Get out the Valiant companions
2, Use Grimbold, Marshal of Rohan to Replace sites and cycle.
3, For the player to never lose a skirmish or never to have a companion die.

Point One
Once I get out the Valiant companions with Simbelmyne I use Let us be swift and The second part of Eomer, Valiant Warchief’s game text to make basically the things that are ideal for a fellowship, strong companions, discarding conditions, Lots and lots of pumps for a constant barrage against your opponent.

Point Two
With the Rohirrim they are very picky about their plains sites, so with Grimbold, Marshal of Rohan you can always get a plains site which rocks with, Rohirrim Mount and Thundering Host, among other things.

Point Three
With everything else said I think that even against some of those Swarm Uruk-hai decks it would be easy to never lose a companion.

Now onto the combos that these cards create.

Grimbold Marshal of Rohan
Elfhelm Marshal of Rohan
Thundering host
As you can see it is not too hard to make every site a plains site, so With the site replacement of Grimbold in play, Elfhelm exerts to make him strength X and thundering host makes him strength +3 and heals his exertion. This is my favorite of the combos.

Theoden, leader of spears
Herugrim, Sword of the Mark
Ride with me
You exert Theoden the play Ride with me and it makes himself Strength 14.

Eomer Valiant Warchief
4-6 Valiant companions
Boom, nothing else said.

And now for the closer... a deck with all of these things taken into consideration.

Freeps 30 cards
Frodo, Weary from the journey(good against swarm)
The One Ring the Ring of Doom
Starting Fellowship
Grimbold, Marshal of Rohan
Eomer, Valiant Warchief

Companions
Elfhelm Marshal of Rohan
Theoden leader of spears
Household guard x2

Possessions
Herugrim, Sword of the Mark
Rider’s spear x3
Rohirrim Mount x3

Events
Ride with me x3
Fey he seemed x3
Let us be swift x3
Simbelmyne x3
Work for the Sword x
Morning came

Condition
Thundering host x3
We left none alive x1

As I was talking about the main strategy is the events and your ability to get out the key cards and use the combos that I mentioned earlier. The minion side will be Men Bloodlust, as it also could very much use plains sites.

I think that this deck is the kind that I would take to a tournament and I think I would win.

Rohan Rohan Foreva Rohan
Last edited by fingolfin on Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:34 pm; edited 2 times in totalSoldier: why'd you do that captain?

John Wayne: Because I hate your guts!!

Exerpt from "Iwo Jima."
Gagnut
Posted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 4:26 pm
It was okay up until the ending. I’ve seen better strategies, 3-4 depending on the other articles.
I don't have an avatar, I don't have a sig, my posts speak for themselves.
elf lvr
Posted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 4:33 pm
The grammar... the spelling... its... killing... me....

Very Happy

Just a joke. But seriously, some of your cards aren’t linking and I find that very annoying.

Just because you have Simbeleyme, it is no excuse to make the deck 40 cards.

I didn’t hear that much strategy, why is this deck so much better than others? What is the major goal? Some Rohan move limit increase cards wouldn’t hurt either.

You didn’t include any hunters cards, did you? They are very good for a deck like this, especially Grim Trophy.

It was hard to read and at times a little confusing.

A three from me.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 5:36 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
one thing why not mention all the allies and events that only work with valiant men?
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Gagnut
Posted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 7:11 pm
Yeah, fingolfin didn’t put much reasearch into this, so I guess that gives me a right for 3.
I don't have an avatar, I don't have a sig, my posts speak for themselves.
fingolfin
Posted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 7:19 pm
Thank you E_L, in fact those were my two biggest worries about this deck when I started because that’s what fried my last article, but when I first saw your post E_L, *Heart Attack* but then Applause so it ended up Dancing Three is great.
Soldier: why'd you do that captain?

Exerpt from "Iwo Jima."
TheShyzle
Posted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 8:41 pm
I mean come on you come post on my article and ask me what I did and you have done the same thing here? I don’t get it? This deck is not tier one. It won’t win a tourney....but you put in some effort in the writing so I am unsure how to vote........
bobtheorc
Posted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 10:43 pm
Joined: 19 Mar 2006 Posts: 1218 Location: Wow, its hot in Iowa
TheShyzle wrote:
This deck is not tier one. It won’t win a tourney....but you put in some effort in the writing so I am unsure how to vote........

This isn’t the "How to build a kick-butt deck" forum dude.
I think the deck is just an example of a neat rohan deck with events.
BUt fingolfin the article is a bit sparse on strategy.
You also need to fix the cards that aren’t linking.
i would reccomend making your points and cards titles bold bold like
fingolfin wrote:

Point One
Once I get out the Valiant companions with Simbelmyne I use Let us be swift and The second part of Eomer, Valiant Warchief’s game text to make basically the things that are ideal for a fellowship, strong companions, discarding conditions, Lots and lots of pumps for a constant barrage against your opponent.
Exclamation Ban the Overpowered OrcsExclamation
"Don't panic, I have paper!" - Taipan Popcorn
Is that Grima, Grief Counselor? - legolamb
Bobtheorcs Uruk-Hai Dcs
Bob’s wonderful !! updated !! Trade list
fingolfin
Posted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:40 pm
Actually to be honest I just made this because any other way to get coins is too hard. But seeing that I havn’t gotten and coins, I think that this is a faliure, but while I am missing hyperlinks and miss-spelling words I might as well point out, The idea was original, the article was long like the other winners, and my comment about winning tourneys was inncorrect, but Bto I did not say "butt-wipping." So thus ends my 3 and final stratagy article.

The End
Soldier: why'd you do that captain?

Exerpt from "Iwo Jima."
TheShyzle
Posted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:44 pm
You know I guess I don’t know any reason to put in the effort of writing an article just so you can get roasted by a bunch of people but hey what ever makes you feel good. What do I know I am just a "trainee" anyways...

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest