LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Strategy Article Contest
Rate this article!

5 (Best)  
66%
  [ 4 ]  66%

33%
  [ 2 ]  33%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

1 (Worst)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Total Votes : 6
c3poquino
Posted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 4:32 pm
Awesome article! The list on the end is insanely big, though, but I see your point. Maybe you could shorten it and make a statement, saying that if they want to know how good a card is, they can post in the "Open Magic:the Gathering Discussion" asking about it. On the other hand, it provides cool strategy advice against the dominating meta in Standard, even for more experienced players, although I can see the intended public was the newer ones, meaning you managed to make a very good mix between contents, catching different players’ attention. Costs to make’em were a nice touch, cool idea!
Good job! I’ll get my bro’ to read this when he has the time, he will like it! Cool
Are there any more coming? Wink
Felipe Musco
Posted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 10:43 pm
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
If I survive this semester through, I’m writing one upon the release of Time Spiral, this month or the next.
I don't like YOU.
r2d2quino
Posted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 12:07 pm
Cool article! I must admit, I was not liking the idea of reading it all, but my bro’ was bothering me so much about it I decided to give it a try, and I am glad I did. Very useful information, very good format, well, very good. Congratulations.
elf lvr
Posted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 4:15 pm
If you don’t mind, I’d like to use your formatting as a base for my standard Lotr article. IS that okay?
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
Felipe Musco
Posted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:08 pm
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
But of course, be my guest! It’s an honor! Homage
Btw, I’m (finally) writing an article on LotR, as well, it might be up and running next Sunday, I believe. It’s getting cool. However, I must warn you in advance it kinda bashes Standard as advertising, so, well, it’s nothing personal, that part is already written. It’s only 2-3 references, though... Wink
I don't like YOU.
inresponse
Posted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 12:58 am
these are the cards I feel should come off your list:

coat of arms
howling mine
jester’s cap
jester’s scepter
icy manipulator
nezumi shortfang
erayo
kami of the crescent moon
kataki, war’s wage
royal assassin
serra angel
verdant force
niv-mizzet
pride of the clouds
nantuko husk
glorious anthem
grave pact
greater good
underworld dreams
worship
doubling season
privileged position
leyline of the void
dovescape
goryo’s vengeance
sickening shoal
hidetsugu’s second rite
twincast
rewind
shock
voidslime
exhaustion
sleight of hand
traumatize
glimpse the unthinkable
infernal tutor
forbidden orchard
boseiju
dark depths

I would love to explain why each one doesn’t qualify as being very powerful in type 2, but I listed so many. if you have any questions about why any one card choice is on that list, just ask.

my top ten cards in standard looks something like this, not in any order:

remand
spellsnare
demonfire
jitte
heirarch
confidant
shining shoal
kird ape
skred

demonfire is the only one that doesn’t belong on this list without a doubt. if you want to know the reasons behind demonfire being on this list, you need only look at the counterbalance/top deck. once it gets going, you can’t do anything as the red deck. unless... gogo gadget demonfire, often for 9 or ten points to the face. you might notice that ten is spelled out while 9 is not. this is because double digits with this burn spell makes my buddy mori cry.
r2d2quino
Posted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 11:29 am
Coat of Arms is big in snakes, it should stay on the list. Some other uncommons that are difficult to get should be listed as well, like Kird Ape, Nantuko Husk and Tidings. Other than that, those others should really go.
physcosick
Posted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 11:36 am
I’m surprised Paladin En-vec isn’t on your top 10, inresponse. Even over something like Shining Shoal. Also, if your using Shoal for anti wildfire, i think Luminsecnce (spelling?)(from coldsnap) is just as good against that. Why is Kird Ape on your list? It’s not that great.

Coat of Arms is good but really only good in SNakes. And even that is unneeded in the deck. I can see it being on a list of good cards for type 2... but it’s only used in one deck and it isn’t even needed to win.
La_Sin_Grail
Posted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 3:56 pm
Voidslime should not come off the list. It’s nuts.

Pally en-vec isn’t going to be as good once jitte rotates, anyway.
physcosick
Posted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 6:58 pm
Paladin is always going to be good. Jitte just helps it out a lot. But Jitte helps every creature out. So you saying Paldin is not going to be as good once Jitte rotates out is essentially the same for mostly ever creature (except for ones like Simic Sky Swallower). So all of those creatures aren’t going to be as good once Jitte rotates out. So should we stop playing creatures? Are creatures now bad or something? Dancing

Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Strategy Article Contest