LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Strategy Article Contest
Rate this article!

5 (Best)  
66%
  [ 4 ]  66%

33%
  [ 2 ]  33%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

1 (Worst)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Total Votes : 6
r2d2quino
Posted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 12:21 pm
You also forgot to mention that your opponent would be color-screwed AND mana-screwed, too. Laughing Sorry, guys, gone for a while, but I’m back now!

Actually, when this happened to my friend, he played a lightning helix (which was flames of the blood handed in response), and was killed before he could wrath down the board.
Felipe Musco
Posted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 1:12 pm
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
Welcome back, thanks for reading my other article, must’ve taken you a while. And yep, that IS the sickest zoo hand ever, inreponse put it greatly into words! Oh, btw, I’ve given some thought on the "List of Good Cards", and I think I’ll leave it as it is right now, but I wanted to add the "Top 10" Members’ choice! I’d like you guys to PM me YOUR Top 10 Standard cards, so I can post the final standings before the end of the month, could you do it? I’ll take inresponse’s Top 10 from his post above, the rest of you, PLEASE, PM me your standings. You don’t even have to justify, just tell me the 10 cards you’ll ALWAYS want to have in standard, right now, not considering Time Spiral, since it’s only tournament legal next month. Thanks in advance!
I don't like YOU.
inresponse
Posted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 2:05 am
speaking of the top ten lists... where are they? and I also think I want to add stalking yeti as an honorable mention because he has been way more than ridiculous for me.
Felipe Musco
Posted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 11:07 am
Hum... could be mentioned. I’m still waiting for physcosick’s list, so I can tally the votes, and then it’ll be up and running.
I don't like YOU.
c3poquino
Posted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 11:28 am
Wow, this got four stars... People sure have high standards here than on the Lord of the Rings area (by the way, I read your article there, cool piece of work).
Well, here’s my Top Ten (I’ll ask my bro to post his here later):
1)Umezawa’s Jitte
2)Dark Confidant
3)Wrath of God
4)Cranial Extraction
5)Birds of Paradise
6)Loxodon Hierarch
7)Remand
8)Wildfire
9)Kodama of the North Tree
10)Tidings
r2d2quino
Posted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 11:48 am
Right... My top ten:

1)Umezawa’s Jitte
2)Pithing Needle
3)Simic Sky Swallower
4)Meloku the Clouded Mirror
5)Paladin en-Vec
6)Isamaru, Hound of Konda
7)Dark Confidant
8)Kird Ape
9)Yosei, the Morning Star
10)Kokusho, the Evening Star
La_Sin_Grail
Posted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 5:02 pm
Aw man... I just found something you missed. Gruul beats isn’t in here at all. It’s been posting number far better than Zoo for months now, and you need to board in differently than against zoo. Whoops!

Also, I would have added a bit about needing to play about 22-24 lands, as every successful deck of late has been playing (except the occasional 21 land Gruul beats deck).

Perhaps a quick summary of guilds and which are most powerful and for what would have helped as well, since they will be hanging around standard for another year. I was just bored and starting picking my brain for anything you could have possibly missed- this is not to say this is a poor article by any means.
Felipe Musco
Posted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 5:10 pm
I liked the tips! As for Gruul beats, I listed the Top Ten decks on the week I wrote the article, and it wasn’t among it, that’s why it’s out. But on the part of WotC I linked, it’s possible to find it. I WILL add a bit about the Guilds, though, great idea! Thanks, LSG!
I don't like YOU.
La_Sin_Grail
Posted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 5:46 pm
I’m shocked Zoo was on there and gruul wasn’t! My bad- good using your resources. I just haven’t seen Zoo in a while, so I figured it would have been off by then.
Felipe Musco
Posted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 12:00 am
Yeah, I mean, as I said, I also see a lot of Gruul Beats here, and no Zoo, but it appears magic online has a lot of people playing Zoo, bunch of netdeckers! Laughing But I liked the idea about the guilds, as soon as I have the time (hopefully, before the month ends, so I can try to take my grade up that last notch Wink ) I’ll add a little something on them.
I don't like YOU.

Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Strategy Article Contest