LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded
Pippin
Posted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 9:59 am
The great thing about the Dunlend culture is that almost
all the minions have fierce or can gain it.

This deck revolves mainly around playing tons of powerful minions at little twilight. There’s some pretty good conditions to help with extra powerups. So here’s the list.

Shadow
Minions
Hill Clan x1
Wulf, Dunlending Chieftain x1
Freca, Hungry Savage x1
Hillman Tribe x2
Dunlending Robber x3
Band of Wild Men x3
Dunlending Reserve x1
Dunlending Elder x3
Dunlending Savage x2
Dunlending Arsonist x2
Dunlending Pillager x3
Dunlending Madman x2

Possesions
Iron Axe x4
Hides x3

Conditions
No Defense x2
Ready to Fall x3
Bound By Rage x2

Events
Dark Fury x3
Death to the Strawheads x3

Dunlending Arsonist is a good card each time he wins a skirmish you can play a dunland man from your hand, that man is fierce and damage +1 until regroup phase. You can use Hillman Tribe to control 2 sites and then
Dunlending Elder is strength +5. And you can play Ready to Fall spot two
sites you control and remove 2 twilight to play a Dunlend man from your
discard pile. Events like Dark Fury and Death to the Strawheads are nice power-ups, and Conditions like Bound By Rage help prevent wounds.
So you can probably say that the Dunland culture is sa powerful force.
This is my first try so I hope you like it! Very Happy
Pippin
Last edited by Pippin on Sat Sep 09, 2006 8:01 pm; edited 1 time in totalas Pipeweed once said: weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeClick Here Please!
Cobra Cards: Dying body filled with thriving cells.
My have's and wantsPopcornMy trade refrences
Aragorn_Ellessar
Posted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 10:13 am
I like the idea, next time, though it could be somewhat longer. This being me and not being....AC or someone else, I don’t understand Dunlendings. So I’ll wait for other people.
One Ring to rule them all
One Ring to find them
One thing to bring them all
And In the darkness bind them
bobtheorc
Posted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 10:35 am
Joined: 19 Mar 2006 Posts: 1218 Location: Wow, its hot in Iowa
oK first off this article is way to short.
If I remove the decklist you have a tiny artilce.
Second your opening statement isn’t entirely true. Many Dunland minions can gain fierce but many do not start with it. YOu have very little strategy and no introduction or conclusion.
This is a decklist but not a Strategy Article.
Exclamation Ban the Overpowered OrcsExclamation
"Don't panic, I have paper!" - Taipan Popcorn
Is that Grima, Grief Counselor? - legolamb
Bobtheorcs Uruk-Hai Dcs
Bob’s wonderful !! updated !! Trade list
Felipe Musco
Posted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 12:01 pm
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
You see, Pippin, an Article is something that somewhat hold the attention of the crowd, so a decklist with explanations does not qualify as an article. It IS a begginning, of course, and it’s cool if it’s part of it, but the way it is, it simply won’t cut it, it belongs in the Deck Clinic. I suggest you either ask a mod to move it there, or you edit it to make it look better. Also, if you want to analyze cards, analyze them all, not just one or two. I won’t rate your article until the end of the month, so you have plenty of time to edit it as you like. Mr. Green
I don't like YOU.
elf lvr
Posted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 3:17 pm
Decklist, not an article. Read something by AC to see how articles should look.. yada yada I feel like I’m saying this a lot lately. Maybe I’ll make a post in the member’s lounge so that potential article writers knows what an article is.

Dunland is a great culture for swarming, however, they have little hand extension, and if all you can drop is 8 minions a turn, you won’t be able to kill everything.

Seriously, I’m gonna stop writing now before I say something stupid, but my anger at non-articles is growing. I would love to hear an article from you, honestly, but make it an article, please.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
bobtheorc
Posted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 5:20 pm
Joined: 19 Mar 2006 Posts: 1218 Location: Wow, its hot in Iowa
If you want to see a strategy with a decklist you could also check out my article http://lotrtcgdb.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=1130.
Just some shameless pandering on my part.
Exclamation Ban the Overpowered OrcsExclamation
"Don't panic, I have paper!" - Taipan Popcorn
Is that Grima, Grief Counselor? - legolamb
Bobtheorcs Uruk-Hai Dcs
Bob’s wonderful !! updated !! Trade list
PorterTroll
Posted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 5:47 pm
Although this is a bit short for an article, I’d still like to make a few comments on the deck’s strategy and card choices.

•Only 1 Hides? Any Dunland culture deck needs at LEAST 3 copies of that particular card.

•No Freca or Wulf? These two minions are INCREDIBLE for dunland site control, be sure to add in a few of them if you ever take this deck to any serious tourneys.

•Why the Dunlending Brigand? He’s not very good and just takes up too much deck. Ditch him for another 2 copies of Hides.

•No Hill Clan? Although these aren’t really a "key" card in dunland decks, it is a very easy way to get your minions out during the skirmish phase.

I realize that the reason you don’t have many of these cards in the deck is simply because you do not posess them, but, if you do ever start seriously competing with this deck, these cards are a MUST! (especially Freca)

Hope this helps! Very Happy
elf lvr
Posted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 5:51 pm
and just because you don’t have a card is no reason not to put it in your ’article’
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
TheShyzle
Posted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 6:40 pm
Pippin you really gotta watch out for the "article police" on this site thanks for the effort and contributing to the game of LOTR CCG I will give you a 5 thats just because I am sick of getting bombed on by people here it won’t win you the article contest so maybe you can use the gold coins and try again. Porter Troll does have some very valid points. Thanks for the effort and don’t give up...
Last edited by TheShyzle on Fri Sep 08, 2006 7:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 7:25 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
oh why not mention the other version of dunland swarm a bunch of cheap minions in dunland played on say site 3.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded