LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Casual / Other Formats
ingold55
Posted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 5:25 pm
Joined: 10 Oct 2005 Posts: 1199 Location: Out on the front line
Hello,
Well you’re finally getting to see how inexperienced I am. But here are my ideas.

Sites
The prancing pony
Ettenmoors
Council Courtyard
Dwarrowdelf Chamber
Bridge of Khazad-Dum
Dimrill Dale
Silverlode Banks
Shores of Nen Hithoel
Emyn Muil
Starting fellowship
The one ring TRR
Frodo Reluctant adventuer
Sam Needer of Vittles
Legolas
Gandalf Mithrandir

Other companions

Aragorn Elessar
Pippin Sworn to Service
Gimli Faithful companion
Boromir defender of minas tirith
Merry friend to Sam

Possessions/artifacts

Sting
Hobbit sword x3
Mithril Coat
Ranger’s Sword
Gondorian Blade
Flaming brand x2
Shield of Boromir
Shadowfax
Gandalf’s staff
Dwarven Axe
Hand Axe
Dwarven Bracers
Boromir’s gauntlets
Brace of Coneys
Armor of the Citadel

Conditions
Endurance of Dwarves

Events

Hobbit appetite x2
What are they x2
Rangers Versatility x2
Pathfinder
Hard choices
Sleep Caradhras
Elf-Song

Minions

The Balrog Durin’s Bane
Host of Udun
Army of Udun
Orc Archer Troop
Siege Commander
Orc Seeker
Orc Marauder
Orc Insurgent
Orc Patrol
Advance Captain
Tower Lieutenant
Orc Assault Band
Orc officer x3
Orc Rager
Orc Savage
Orc inquisitor x2

Weapons

Besieging Pike x2
Orc Scimitar x3
Vile Blade
Whip of Many Throngs
Balrog’s Sword

Conditions
Peril
I’d Make You Squeak
Some Secrete Art of Flame
Rally the Hosts
Stronghold of Cirith Ungol
Desperate Defense of the Ring

Events
Siege craft
Memory of Many Things
Shadow’s Reach x2
The Eye of Sauron

Fellowship:

try to start first then, play Aragorn from your draw deck. use gandalf’s strength to hold back minions, until you have equipped your fellowship with weapons. Use boromir’s gauntlets on Aragorn (because he has more health), then use Aragorn’s card text with boromir to heal the companion that needs to be healed, and then add in two-twilight to heal boromir. This will keep your fellowship healthy for a rather long time. Once you have the fellowship equipped with weapons and damage bonuses, use the damage bonuses to play right in hand with Ranger’s versatility. If a minion like Sauron comes along use What Are They to immediately get rid of him. legolas is not a main fighting machine, he is in there to help knock out exhausted minions when they can’t skip the archery phase. I’ve throne in Hobbit Appetite so I won’t have to worry about healing Merry from all his exertions, and Hard Choices has helped me a lot when in a tight spot. Sam, Elf-Song, and Brace of Coneys will help keep burdens off while you make a run for site nine. (I have not gotten a “really great” ring because if frodo has to wear it I don’t have enough burden removers, and I don’t want frodo to get overwhelmed.) I have not relied on conditions that much, so I don’t have to worry about Shadow’s Reach, Orc Patrol, or any other kind of condition removers.

Minions:

I have concentrated on getting my minions strong and burden adding. Using Host of Udun with Orc Officer you overwhelm and add burdens. Then using siege craft with Host of Udun it sets the opponent up for a double OUCH!!
Use Shadow’s Reach to get rid of the conditions like Tale of Gil-Galad or other great good guy conditions. Now my main plans for using these minions are simply this, use Dwarrowdelf Chamber, Silverlode Banks, Ettenmoors, and more, in your favor. use the exertions they take, and play minions to help knock out the companions. (You already knew that.) Stronghold of Cirith Ungol is awesome when needing twilight, like for Host of Udun. The main plan is to play Desperate defense of the ring on your opponents strongest companion, or on the one he assigns to skirmishes most. Then use Host of Udun or Army of Udun and Orc Officer to blast your opponent out of the water. Use the eye of sauron to make a kind of reconcile to your hand, then use memory of many things to get rid of those annoying allies. Then to top this killing machine off the Advance Captain makes a wonderful addition to this group of minions.

Host of Udun: special strength strategy!!

Host of Udun:

Strength 21
vitality 5
site 6

this is just a little something I put together to help make this minion a lot better.
Use Besieging Pike
(with initiative).
Discard Orc Rager.
Spot six companions and exert Orc Assault Band.

In total it is seventeen twilight, and you can end up getting Host of Udun
36 strength!!

here’s how it works;
after discarding Orc Rager you can make Host of Udun +4 strength, then after spotting 6 companions and exerting Orc assault band you can make Host of Udun +6 strength. Then using Besieging Pike with initiative on Host of Udun you can make him +5 strength.

if you want you can add Advance Captain to make Host of Udun damage +1 also this makes the twilight 20.

So in total once again Host of Udun is 36 Strength
5 vitality
site 6
and damage+1

Well that is my deck, it is not perfect. However it can stand up against regular playing with a friend. If you have any ideas on how to improve this deck please tell me. Very Happy

Smile Ingold Smile
Last edited by ingold55 on Sat Apr 15, 2006 7:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Legolas Elf-Prince
Posted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 11:12 pm
gosh ingold i see you ever where i feel like i know you

Legolas Wink
Legolas Elf-Prince
Posted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 7:10 pm
not a bad deck, did you beat your friend that you talked about Smile. maybe you could get the 12 resistance frodo so you don't have to be that wrorried about being overwhelmed
hblika
Posted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 12:19 pm
ONe word: focus!

You have nearly 80 *different* cards in there (with a few exeptions). What strategy do you have in mind, when you have no control at all of what you will draw? Cutting down the deck size would be good also.

Are you aware that your starting fellowship costs 8 twilight? I bit too much Smile
I'm not stupid. I'm just unlucky when I'm thinking.
ingold55
Posted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 7:54 pm
yah i see what you mean hblika. Confused
i should have posted that this is a "experimental" deck. my Gondor deck is alot better. i just haven't had a chance to post it yet. so just out of curiosity, what would you drop out of my deck?

thanks for your imput.

Ingold Cool
hblika
Posted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 11:27 am
I can't really give any advise when the deck doesn't seem to have a clear strategy behind it. One thing though, with a rainbow fellowship like this, you should rather use Gandalf, Friend of the Shirefolk. He'll be slightly weaker than Mithrandir, but without the huge drawback Mithrandir has. If you insist on using Mithrandir, Aragorn, King in Exile is a must.
Legolas Elf-Prince
Posted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 4:09 pm
it may not be that smart to start with 8 twilight unless you start and you have lots of bad guysin your hand
hblika
Posted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 3:52 pm
Legolas Elf-Prince wrote:
it may not be that smart to start with 8 twilight unless you start and you have lots of bad guysin your hand

This is so true. Especially if your opponent finds out you are cheating Razz
ingold55
Posted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 5:41 pm
legolas do you mean i should play with eight twilight if i know that the opponent has more minions in his hand, so i can place his minions on more companions with out having to be overwhelmed? or do you mean that i should put more twilight in the "Pool" so i can play more minions from my hand Question

ingold Cool
ingold55
Posted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 11:36 pm
Quote:
legolas do you mean i should play with eight twilight if i know that the opponent has more minions in his hand, so i can place his minions on more companions with out having to be overwhelmed? or do you mean that i should put more twilight in the "Pool" so i can play more minions from my hand

i was just thinking, you play your companions before you draw cards.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Casual / Other Formats