LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded
Shadows
Posted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 3:12 pm
--- description ---
This is my Help in Doubt and Need deck, might pair it with the berserkers I posted. Thoughts/help is appreciated.
--- end description ---

FP:32

Starting:
1x Isildur, Bearer of Heirlooms
1x The One Ring, Answer To All Riddles
1x Eomer, Third Marshall of Riddermark
1x Eowyn, Lady of Ithilien
Companions:
2x Aragorn, Elessar Telcontar
2x Faramir, Son of Denethor
1x Merry, Swordthain
Possesions:
2x Sapling of the White Tree
1x Narsil, Blade of the Faithful
1x Scroll of Isildur
1x Ranger’s Sword
1x Aragorn’s Bow
1x Ithilien Blade
1x Faramir’s Bow
1x Eowyn’s Sword, Dernhelm’s Blade
1x Eomer’s Spear
1x Firefoot
1x Merry’s Sword
Conditions:
4x Gondor Bowmen
4x Invigorated
2x Help in Doubt and Need
1x The Saga of Elendil
1x Boromir, My Brother
1x Sword Rack

This deck would pair well with the Berserkers as it cycles extremely well, as there is nothing that can’t be played instantly. Plus it gives quite a cool themed feel to it, as Rohan/Gondor with Helm’s Deep Uruks is very TTT themed.

The idea is to use Aragorn’s Bow/Faramir’s Bow the Gondor Bowmen and Merry’s Sword to wound up minions, the use Eowyn and Eomer w/ Help in Doubt and Need to finish them off. Elessar Telcontar allows me to transfer the wounds from Eowyn to Isildur for healing with Invigorated, or from the gondor men to Merry, who then returns to hand, and Sword Racks his sword for later use.

The companions are all pretty beefy anyway, against wound preventing shadows, as they are Eomer (9 and lots of boosts) Eowyn (9) Faramir (9 boost against roaming) and Aragorn (11) plus the HiDaN boosts.

thoughts please?
Last edited by Shadows on Mon Sep 11, 2006 3:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
elf lvr
Posted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 3:15 pm
Corsairs or some kind of condition removal might be a problem. But it looks pretty good.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
Shadows
Posted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 3:18 pm
I’ve tried to fit in a couple of Arrow Slits to fight corsairs, but i’m not sure what to drop for them, any ideas?
elf lvr
Posted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 3:24 pm
Hama, Captain of the King’s Guard is much more consistant for getting rid of possessions, if you think you can fit another companion in, but if you’re haveing problems putting in a few Arrow-Slits, that may not be an option...

Also, how do you discard Dernhelm’s blade to replay it? Are you relying on shadow possession removal? Actually, Hama can discard your own possessions, too, so... Also, Eomer’s spear, trusty weapon (which wounds minions) would be a nice fit in this deck.

What to take out for two arrow-slits? Or the Hamas? I seriously have no clue, I’m sorry... Maybe Boromir, My brother? I know the vitality helps, but... or maybe invigorated. I, personally, would probably drop two invigorated for Hama, but I have never used this kind of deck before, so I’m just guessing, but with Merry/Telcontar for healing already...
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
Shadows
Posted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 3:27 pm
I could drop a Faramir for a Hama, which would allow me to replay my Dernhelm’s blade.

The drop two invigorated’s for a spear and a horse for Hama.

Then I could bid one and use Prancing Pony to grab Faramir.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded