LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded
syndrome
Posted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 1:20 am
I’ve been away for awhile, but me and my friends are getting back into card games again. Here’s my newest shadow side (I still run my solo-smeagol freeps Smile):

Fires and Foul Wounds[32]:
Minions[20]:
x3 Isengard Tender
x3 Isengard Worker
x3 Isengard Plotter
x2 Isengard Warrior
x3 Isengard Artisan
x3 Isengard Smith
x2 Isengard Mechanics
x1 •Orc Commander
Events[2]:
x2 Fires and Foul Fumes
Possession[4]:
x4 Isengard Axe
Condition[6]:
x4 Hollowing of Isengard
x2 Gnawing, Biting, Hacking, Burning

Strategy:
Use •Orc Commander, Isengard Worker, and Isengard Warrior to wound the freeps during the regroup phase. Isengard Smith can be exerted to discard possessions, and Isengard Warriors protect against archery wounds. Then use Isengard Mechanics, Isengard Artisan, and Isengard Plodder to discard each orc in play to give 1-2 wounds per orc discarded.

Each discarded orc is then placed on Gnawing, Biting, Hacking, Burning to be played in the future. Isengard Mechanics can then be used for extra twilight, and the Isengard Tenders can be used to exhaust companions.

•Orc Commander duals as an exert->wounder and also supplies a strength bonus to all the orcs in play. The Hollowing of Isengards are to be used to stock up twilight for a swarm on a later site (7-9 are preffered). Isengard Axes supply strength bonuses as well as providing more twilight.

Flames and Foul Fumes is an instant companion killer, if you can manage to play it. Comments are welcomed!
ingold55
Posted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 3:16 pm
Joined: 10 Oct 2005 Posts: 1199 Location: Out on the front line
pretty awsome!
i would only add in 1-3 more weapons.
but it is awsome! Very Happy have you tried playing with Orc Overseer?

Ingold Cool
Legolas Elf-Prince
Posted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 11:05 pm
i agree with ingold55 about orc overseer Smile
syndrome
Posted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 7:53 pm
Yeah, I like that card, I'm thinking about adding 3 ^_^. As well as 3-4 Isengard Shamans Smile
http://myspace/delicatesituation
ingold55
Posted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 1:53 pm
Joined: 10 Oct 2005 Posts: 1199 Location: Out on the front line
after getting some cards with my brother, i got a card that made me imediatly think of your deck. don't tink it will help much, but here is the card. isengard tender.
AdultLink
Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 8:39 am
I've always loved ISI orcs despite some weaknesses they have (*cough* Rohan), heh, and I think your deck looks pretty solid. I would take out a Hollowing or two and/or maybe something else to put in Scaffolding, or Iron Fist of the Orc. Scaffolding can help preven wounds if you want it, and it is also a posession! Making it lots harder for the freeps to discard. Iron Fist can get rid of a posession that's killing you, though 3 orcs is awfully expensive.

If not at least add in one or two more Knawing Biting Hacking Burning. I'd throw in only one Fires and Foul Fumes because realistically it's very difficult to use. The point of the deck seems to save all your hollowing and have plenty of guys stacked on your conditions but that's why I suggest extra copies of Knawing Biting, because if your opponnent pulls a Seclusion or something, you don't want to lose your whole strikeforce (very annoying!) Well done though! (*golf clap*) Very Happy
Haves/Wants
Beyo
Posted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 8:53 pm
To be honest i wanted try deck like this but i cannot image how it could work.
The weakest point in that deck is that orcs have to win skirmishes.
There are only two types of weapon to Isengard Orcs and only one event adding them strength.
If you met Well-equipped Dwarves or Gondor Knight or even Elven Archery your Dark Side is already dead.
Time in the universe may be eternal..our patience is not
Posted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 10:20 pm
Beyo wrote:
To be honest i wanted try deck like this but i cannot image how it could work.
The weakest point in that deck is that orcs have to win skirmishes.
There are only two types of weapon to Isengard Orcs and only one event adding them strength.
If you met Well-equipped Dwarves or Gondor Knight or even Elven Archery your Dark Side is already dead.

They have a very large vitality. 3 or 4 on average, which is higher than the normal vitality of minions. Also, if you have 2 Hollowing of Isengards out, at any site, thats 2-6 extra minions (6 if the minions are 1 costing). This allows it to work as a swarm deck, even if you are playing against a choke deck.

PS: There are at least 2 skirmish events that I know of...
Beyo
Posted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 8:32 am
Quote:

PS: There are at least 2 skirmish events that I know of...

Yes you're right..my mistake..now i see you point..i never managed to get 2 copies of Hollowing of Isengards Sad
Time in the universe may be eternal..our patience is not
syndrome
Posted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 12:54 pm
Yeah, I've noticed this deck is almost better at swarming than doing what I intended it to.

I'll try to get it more play time to get a better feel for it and give you a good review on how it does.
http://myspace/delicatesituation

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded