LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Strategy Article Contest
Rate this article!

5 (Best)  
11%
  [ 1 ]  11%

33%
  [ 3 ]  33%

55%
  [ 5 ]  55%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

1 (Worst)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Total Votes : 9
Cleston
Posted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 5:47 pm
I'd start with a precon because I'm no Pro Tour champion at this game. I'm a simple player, a casual, who likes to ahve fun and avoids NPE at all costs.

Besides, that just happened to me, and with my brother (he built selesnya, and I built golgari).
- "If I die, your deck will crumble!"
Gandalf (any of them)
La_Sin_Grail
Posted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 4:08 pm
I haven't spent as much as a precon overall any month in the last 5, but I have a pretty good collection-
4 Jitte
Pithing Needle
2x Sacred Foundry
4x Loxodon Hierarch
Chrome Mox
Foil Serra Angel 8th
More.

That and when I go to a booster draft, I get prizes. And sometimes have a hand in running it, so it's even cheaper.

It's not how much you spend, it's how well you spend it.
darius, the novice
Posted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 11:43 am
hi,

i am only a beginner, and not a pro after all. but a like the idea you wrote, i like it alot !!
but i suggest if you put the houseguard back and you put at least one diabolic tutor, it’s a nice card exactly..
it lets you to take any card from your library and put it in your hand, you can take savra from your deck afterwards.
it also has a converted mana cost of 4!!
so you can activate the effect of trasmute of the houseguard and take the tutor into your hand, and use it’s effect, cool!!
you can also take in vulturous zombie into the deck, it fits perfectly inside your deck, so eack time you force your opponent to sac a creature, you put a +1/+1 counter on it. how about ? cool, huh?
Mono789
Posted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 12:57 pm
Woebringer seems like a pretty good addition to the deck, especially with your Golgari Germination in there. Diabolic Tutor isn’t necessary because of the transmuting Dimir House Guard. Overall, that is a solid deck.
I am always looking for more burns...
I am always looking for good mana accelerators...
I am always looking for good counters...
I am always looking for good kill spells...
I am always looking for good life gain cards...

And most of all, I like playing against people who don't cry and/or flip me off when I play Faith's Fetters on their best creature!
Cobra
Posted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 3:36 pm
Golgari dredge / thread necro... I like it. Laughing
http://cobracards.com -- Web's best deals on Trading Card Games.
Felipe Musco
Posted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 6:17 pm
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
I liked the idea of a Vulturous Zombie on this deck (man, do I love this card or what?), and I liked the overall look of it even better then the Simic version you wrote (after all, black IS my favorite color, in Magic and out of it...). I don’t have a lot of spare time right now, to take a more deep analysis on the deck, but for now, drop Recollect (as it’s uncommon, and costs 3) in favor or Reclaim. It won’t take the card back to your hand, yes, but it’s an instant, it’s common and it costs ONE (it’s from Ninth Edition, btw). Since your mana curve and acceleration is not THAT great, it won’t matter having the card be put at the top of your library, you wouldn’t be able to play it the same turn anyway... Also, I think MAYBE adding (if you can spare the coin, that is) Doubling Season may make it a nice deck... I’d also suggest you to post a SB in those articles, even if the deck’s not considered tournament material, I mean, who knows, maybe it CAN help someone in doing nice in their area, depending on the skill of players and the meta... And, for my first suggestion to SB, PLEASE, Naturalize. Nice article, Cleston! Applause Gets a 4 from me, ’cause even if the deck is not Pro material, your budgets articles must take A LOT of effort into writing them, and they come in a very nice structure, very well put. The only thing keeping you from a 5 is that you concentrate in the Rav block, and you should ALWAYS pay attention to the Core Set (Ninth Edition), as it contains most of the cards that are likely to be re-edited in next editions. Wink
Check out my Regionals article (yeah, I’m going for it), and give me your opinion on my build, I’d appreciate it, since your meta is more similar (or equal, who knows...) to mine.
I don't like YOU.

Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Strategy Article Contest