LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Standard
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 5:30 pm
--- description ---
Using plenty of Gondor events, this deck focuses on making Anarion a tank and taking down every minion.
--- end description ---

Ring-bearer and Ring
Boromir, Bearer of Council
The One Ring, The Ring of Rings

Fellowship (33)

Companions
Anarion, Lord of Anorien (starting)
Pippin, Wearer of Black and Silver (starting)
Aragorn, Guide and Protector x2
Halbarad, Ranger of the North

Possessions / Artifacts
Ranger’s Cloak x2
Narsil, Blade of the Faithful x2
Ithilien Blade x2

Conditions
Invigorated x2
I Will Go x2
Home and Hearth x2

Events
Elendil’s Valor x4
Banners Blowing x4
Rally the Company x3
Pledge of Loyalty x3
Concealment x2

Similar to my Expanded Anarion deck, I just switched the cards that aren’t legal in Standard for cards that are legal in Standard.

Okay, so the idea for this deck is to play I Will Go, Narsil, and Ranger’s Cloak on Anarion, so that he has 5 vitality and is defender +1. Then assign 2 minions to Anarion (or more if you play Elendil’s Valor), and each event will not only make Anarion stronger, but will also make each minion he is skirmishing strength -5.

Halbarad and Invigorated will make sure that Anarion has full vitality, so that his ability is used to the maximum power.

Aragorn has good stats, and his skirmish ability is great for finishing off minions.

Home and Hearth, when used with Pippin, make an easy way to remove burdens.

To finish things off, a ton of events are included.

Look good? Smile
Last edited by AnxiousChieftain on Fri Oct 13, 2006 2:11 pm; edited 1 time in totalMODS RULE. - lem0nhead
PorterTroll
Posted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 5:43 pm
nice! this will serve as a great basis model for my up-and-coming anarion deck!
Pegasus
Posted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 6:48 pm
The first time I saw your Anarion, Lord of Anorien deck I though it was a very nice idea, so I began to construct a new one.
The events are very similar than yours, but with other companions.
The Starting fellowship is:
Aragorn Strider
Gondorian Prowler
Denethor Lord of Minas Tirith
Madril Defender of Osgiliath

Yes, it is a Ranger Ithilien Blade deck, however, It woks fantastic with Anarion, Lord of Anorien and events, Mablung Ranger of Ithilien and Aragorn’s Bow, Ranger’s Longbow. You can discard minions with Ithilien Blade, kill some minions with Aragorn’s Bow, Ranger’s Longbow and kill the other minions with Anarion defender +1 or 2 events and Mablung Ranger of Ithilien.

Denethor Lord of Minas Tirith is, of course, to take in hand the key cards from the deck.

What do you think about this idea?

Another question about this sort of deck. What is the best shadow side?
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 7:35 pm
Interesting idea, Pegasus. It certainly has merit, although it is definitely quite different from my deck. Smile
Quote:
Another question about this sort of deck. What is the best shadow side?

I think that any Shadow side that cycles well would be great, since this deck usually relies on events to win skirmishes.
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
elf lvr
Posted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 7:36 pm
Any shadow side that benefits from good freeps cycling too, since you’ll be dumping all those events.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
Pegasus
Posted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 7:45 pm
It is true, the more important is to have a lot of events in hand. So...Nazgul decks with moving this Way could work well. Very Happy

About your Aragorn option. What about this change?

Aragorn Isildur’s Heir. It will let you another defender +1 for Anarion, Lord of Anorien. You can remove burdens in your deck, so you it is possible an Anarion with resistance 7 (with ranger’s cloack).
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 7:53 pm
Nazgul with Moving This Way would be awesome!

I considered Isildur’s Heir in this deck. I just think that Guide and Protector would work better, for many reasons:

1: GaP is a ranger, and can be pulled via Prancing Pony.
2: Isildur’s Heir only works if Anarion has 7 resistance, and 7 resistance is only possible if there are no burdens, and if Anarion has a Ranger’s Cloak.
3: GaP has an ability that can be used a fair amount and is quite useful.

So, although IH could work in this deck, I think that GaP is better.

- AC
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
elf lvr
Posted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 7:59 pm
GaP is sooooooo much better, IMHO
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
Pegasus
Posted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 8:08 pm
Yes, with your deck your Aragorn option is the best option. However, a good card that can help for increasing resistance is Measure of Comfort. With this card and Home and Hearth I think Aragorn Isildur’s Heir coud be a good option too.
elf lvr
Posted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 8:11 pm
True... although it would take up a bit of deck space. I like the Home and Hearth idea especially, since you already have pippin in, plus it’s corruption defense.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Standard