LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded
Farmer_Maggot
Posted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 7:23 pm
Hey guys. This is my first post on cobra cards (yay!). I hope you like my Gandalf beasty wounding deck which was influenced by a deck i found on this site but ive adapted it a bit. Please comments and constructively critisize. Thanks. Very Happy

Deck size 32:

Frodo, Protected by Many
The One Ring, Such a Weight to Carry

Legolas, Greenleaf (start)
Aragorn, Strider (start)
Pippin, Wearer of Black and Silver (start)
2x Gandalf, Powerful Guide

Pallando, Far-Travelling One

2x Hobbit Sword
Aragorn’s Bow
Glamdring, Elven Blade
Gandalf’s Staff
Narya

2x A Wizard is Never late
2x Roll of Thunder
2x Fireworks
2x Wielder of the Flame
3x Servant of the Secret Fire
2x Long I Fell
2x Nine Fingered Frodo and the Ring of Doom
4x Strength of Spirit
Into Dark Tunnels

Strat:
Fairly obvious. Use the combined wounding of Legolas, Aragorn’s Bow, Gandalf’s spell burden wounding ability and Pippin on early sites to clear the path of minions. Stregth of Spirit is key for maximum use of Gandalf, Aragorn and Legolas. Fireworks and Into Dark Tunnels get the spells back after use. Narya and Nine Fingered Frodo remove the burdens, but im thinking Watch and Wait and/or Glamdring, Foe Hammer would be good additions if I had them. Sites aren’t really important but they basically avoid any site involving burdens. I appreciate any feedback. Thanks.
elf lvr
Posted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 7:29 pm
Watch and Wait and Glamdring are killer if you slap them both on gandalf, and kill minions in his skirmish. Or, with the directed wounding going on, you should have good control over which minion he is skirmishing. Order those cards from here at Cobra!

Welcome, I’m elf lvr. Hope you find better advice than mine here at cobra! Wink Where’s AC...
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 7:32 pm
Welcome to CC!

This looks like a great deck. I do have a few suggestions though....

1: Why A Wizard Is Never Late? I don’t think Followers are characters (although I may be wrong), so having 2 more copies of Gandalf would be better than AWINL.
2: Another copy of Aragorn’s Bow would be useful.
3: One cool idea would be to replace Strider with Aragorn, Guide and Protector. You can grab him with The Prancing Pony, and his wounding text is very helpful. You could also add a copy of Merry to the deck, to put in your starting fellowship instead of Strider, and then kill Merry off at the early sites.
4: It seems like Frodo, Resolute Hobbit would be better than Frodo, Protected by Many. The extra resistance would be helpful with Gandalf.

That’s all I can think of at the moment. Great deck!

- AC
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
Felipe Musco
Posted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 7:55 pm
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
Watch and Wait - U$ 6.50 apice
Glamdring, Foe-hammer - U$ 4.00 apiece
Both prices from here. If that’s too much for ya, you might wanna try your luck ’round here.
Here’s the list of who has those cards available for trade, currently (just click on the name):

-Watch and Wait:
elf lvr (in Tengwar), but it’s "a card I won’t trade lightly, if you want it, you’re really paying for it!", as he put it.
SMAJDALF (has 2 copies, being one foil ant.)
Lord of the Shire
maxidoodle

-Glamdring, Foe-hammer:
TheShyzle
josiah_of_rohan
Lord of the Shire
maxidoodle

This doesn’t mean they are the only ones who’ve got them, but the ones who are not using them in any decks. You might wanna ask around to see if you have anything of interest to anyone else, and maybe they’ll trade it with ya.
I hope I could help.
Last edited by Felipe Musco on Fri Sep 15, 2006 7:58 pm; edited 1 time in totalI don't like YOU.
Felipe Musco
Posted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 7:57 pm
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
I believe Followers ARE Characters as much as Allies were, so A Wizard Is Never Late could fetch Pallando, but I might be wrong...
Aragorn, Guide and Protector is cool for your deck.
I don't like YOU.
elf lvr
Posted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 8:01 pm
Followers are not characters. That has already been discussed. There was a brief dispute over the uniqueness of followers because they were not characters, but that was previously resolved...
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
Farmer_Maggot
Posted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 8:04 pm
cheers guys for your suggestions. ill probably look around for the cards i need (i live in the uk so buying from the us is a bit of a pain)
elf lvr
Posted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 8:08 pm
The traders here are good with international trades, I see no reason why cobra himself wouldn’t be.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 9:08 pm
Farmer_Maggot wrote:
(i live in the uk so buying from the us is a bit of a pain)

Cobra has free shipping for Singles orders of $20 or more. I would imagine that shipping for Singles less than $20 would be between $1 and $3.

And as EL said, the traders here are (usually) fine with trading overseas. Give it a try! Cool
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded