LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Strategy Article Contest
Rate this article!

5 (Best)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

100%
  [ 4 ]  100%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

1 (Worst)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Total Votes : 4
La_Sin_Grail
Posted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 7:04 pm
In limited, you shouldn’t have a problem with finishing. I would suspect this comes from not drafting enough evasion. I find that board locks usually happen when I haven’t taken enough flying or landwalkers. Often, I’ll draft defensively- aiming for the lock and using mill (because mill was powerful in Rav)
Felipe Musco
Posted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 7:48 pm
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
I kinda can see his point now, inresponse. Explain WHY you use THOSE cards, not other ones, for instance: you use Cryoclasm, although it’s fairly limited. Explain to him why, the meta (you have a cool vision of it), stuff like that, you know, for new players. After all, newer players ARE part of our audience, right?
I don't like YOU.
La_Sin_Grail
Posted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 9:00 pm
I love cryoclasm. An island or plains is usually in a good deck, and if they play a dual untapped and you cryoclasm it, thats 5 damage points and no card loss.
Felipe Musco
Posted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 10:09 am
Yeah, cryoclasm is cool! Too bad a lot of people here play Gruul Beats instead of the Zoo. But it’s probably what’s going to keep Vore alive (kind of, at least), now that Eye of Nowhere is rotating out.
I don't like YOU.
La_Sin_Grail
Posted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 10:59 am
I don’t think so. Now vore has to rely on drawing boomerang... even with turn three landkilling, they still need the bounce turn two. I think cryo is better in a landkilling deck with the new avalanche riders, stone rain, and cryoclasm, as well as browbeat, char, and other mid-range burn spells with a splash of green so you rain turn two, turn three, and then burn them out.
Felipe Musco
Posted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 5:12 pm
Actually, there’s a 1-mana enchantment that turns a land into an island, which MAY suffice for the lack of Eye of Nowhere. Now, I haven’t tested it yet, but I think it coulkd be good enough, even if only SB. And Vore played 4 Eyes and 2 ’rangs, so it’s only lost 2 cards (main, of course)...
I don't like YOU.
La_Sin_Grail
Posted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 5:47 pm
I don’t think so, personally. I think even if they have one on color land and one off color, they can still at least function. Plus, that’s worthless against blue control, against which magnivore is particularly effective.
Felipe Musco
Posted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 12:03 am
Yeah, that’s why I thought of it as a sideboard agains Zoo or Gruul, although you’re right, it does not slow them down that much. I’ve been playing a Vore version with maindecked Volcanic Hammers, though, and it’s faring quite nicely. I’ll check the full Time Spiral Spoiler, to see if there’s anything that fits, and I’ll post a decklist on the Deck Clinic.
I don't like YOU.
inresponse
Posted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 4:31 am
sorry I haven’t been posting, I moved into my fraternity and was at the prerelease. Cryoclasm is good against way more than half the decks out there, and the three damage is very useful in decks that win with a demonfire for lethal.
La_Sin_Grail
Posted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 9:57 pm
Solar Flare and snakes were missing from the testing list... and those have been the two best overall from mid august to mid september. Also, I found the decklists a little bit questionable.

The voting system here is difficult because I’d like to give this a four but I honestly thought musco spent more time and effort onto his article. I’ve read many, many worse writes in my day, I just want to differentiate between which articles I prefer.

Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Strategy Article Contest