LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest
Rate this article!

5 (Best)  
25%
  [ 1 ]  25%

75%
  [ 3 ]  75%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

1 (Worst)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Total Votes : 4
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 5:03 pm
sickofpalantirs wrote:
good job but there is another spelling error here

Whilst all these cards are great

"Whilst" is not a spelling error - it is a word that means "while". Smile
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
Gagnut
Posted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 5:26 pm
I like the article. But I beg to differ with the elendil. Exterions, exspecially with kingfoil aren’t that bad in my opinion. THe Elendil, High King of Gondor can add resitance that can work with Storied Homestead, all Imho.
I don't have an avatar, I don't have a sig, my posts speak for themselves.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 5:34 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
AnxiousChieftain wrote:
sickofpalantirs wrote:
good job but there is another spelling error here

Whilst all these cards are great

"Whilst" is not a spelling error - it is a word that means "while". Smile

really!
i never knew that
now I cna say this site is educational! Very Happy
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 12:49 am
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
I like your added section-it gives a great overview, then you’re free to delve into the more specific cards. Much better than just saying what cards do and then giving a decklist. It looks like a very solid article.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
Shadows
Posted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 1:27 pm
Thanks for the comments everyone. The resistance thing is a good point for elendil, high king of gondor but that triple move from six to nine if you pull narsil with Denethor at site six has won me so many games, I don’t really want to lose that option.
LunaticFringe
Posted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:21 pm
You’re missing a number of solid weapons for this deck considering the fact that you’re using both tokens, and exertions.

Exhibit A: Steward’s Legacy. Put the Ithilien Blade on Boromir and you’re doing two exertions along with that discard. Walks a target of your choice right into what Aragorn’s Longbow is about to do to them. Also helps set up your shadow since you can dump duplicate combo cards prior to your draw on the sanctuary starting turns, or set up a double move in the same manner if things look to be going your way. Especially helpful for 6-9 with Narsil on Elendil.

Exhibit B: Brego, Loyal Steed. Stick this on Boromir as well, and get even more hits. It nets you another token as well, which is kind of the point of the deck.

Keep in mind with those two items that using Boromir to exert as the cost for those two posession based actions, the exertion based effect from Steward’s Legacy resolves before either the discard from the blade, or the wound from Brego. Also, doing so with Guarded City ties in even more returns in conjunction with a few Kingsfoil.

Both of those are justified by your usage of ATAR for your One Ring.

Considering that this is expanded format, there is no reason you shouldn’t be using the Ring of Barahir. It gives Narsil another target, and provides a permanent possession based healing as opposed to the one time Kingsfoils.

Anduril FOTW is superior to Ranger’s Sword in every way. It sets up safe moves into both sanctuaries, and can assist with Ranger’s Cloak.

Another consideration would be Garrison of Osgiliath, yet another bonus for Aragorn, and gives you an option from buring a vital +1 Damage from Noble Leaders when you’re stuck in a pump cycle with an opponent.

One last card to note: The Highest Quality. This card has saved numerous games for me with a Gondor fellowship in tandem with Aragorn’s Defender +1 ability. You can win a skirmish against a pair of the right minions in a swarm situation, or let the son of Arathorn outright overwhelm the Lord of the Rings himself.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 8:11 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
whoah yeah shadows those combos ROCK!
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Shadows
Posted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 11:16 am
Don’t have a brego, loyal steed, otherwise I would add him.

Anduril, Flame of the West is good, but it means I can’t bear Aragorn’s bow, so I lose my swarm protection, and swarms can be deadly to boromir, with his assignment text.

Will add Ring of Barahir and drop a kingsfoil.
LunaticFringe
Posted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 6:41 pm
The one thing with Anduril is that you always have the option of not playing it depending on the deck that you are facing. If you need up front strength as opposed to swarm stoppage, you would want to put down Anduril on Aragorn over the Bow. Consider also that Corsairs can run through possessions, which makes artifacts vital as they have a much smaller set of options, and being able to let Aragorn go one on one with Castamir is important in that situation if you can’t get him discarded prior.
PorterTroll
Posted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 8:07 pm
maybe just use Anduril, King’s Blade, then you can play the bow as well without having to think twice! Very Happy

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest