LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Standard
Shadows
Posted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 2:25 pm
--- description ---
This is my attempt to construct an Uruk Hunter deck.
--- end description ---

Shadow:32

Minions:
4x Ugluk, Ugly Fellow
4x Mauhur, Relentless Hunter
4x Following Uruk
3x Chasing Uruk
3x Searching Uruk
3x Sentry Uruk
2x Lurtz, Now Perfected
Possesions:
2x Ugluk’s Sword, Weapon of Command
Events:
4x Violent Hurl
Conditions:
3x With All Possible Speed

Strategy: The aim of the deck is to use Ugluk, the Following Uruk and With All Possible Speed to exhaust their companion, and then finish them off with Violent Hurl. Lurtz is nasty in the later sites. Mauhur can be used to occupy their big companions, or perform assasinations at site 2 on key companions, before they set up.

All the minions are cheap (with the obvious exception of Lurtz, the most expensive is 4 ) so you should be able to play 3-4 with ease on the later sites, and at site 8/9 a mini-bomb is a possiblity.
WitchKingBlkCapt
Posted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 3:47 pm
A great combo to use with this deck is the Ugluk Ugly Fellow and the Berserker Torch because you get lots of wounds on the companions and then your Ugluk is really big.
"Do not stand between a nazgul and his prey."
MySpace
Gillian
Posted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 6:42 am
Lurtz costs 7, he is not fierce, and 13 strenght is is not very much anymore. I think pump Saruman would be better choice, he cost 4, he is lurker so his vitality is untouched, if companion is killed he is heald.
Ugluk sword is not bad choice, but threre are two better weapons: Witch king mentioned berserker torch is excelent on Ugluk, but also on Mahur if you spot exosted companion he only have to assign himself.
also is excelend sword from shadows that makes companion -2 strenght, greath combo is Ugluk with that sword and Saruman.
LeoKula
Posted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 6:35 am
In my opinion, Lurtz is fine... althought 13 is not a big deal it has a great potential for winning a skirmish and punish some companions, and since this deck is all about exerting and then kill off, I think 2x Lurtz are suitable here.

I really liked the decklist, I’m taking this as basis for my own uruk hunter shadow! I’m just thinking of somehow add 1 or 2x Lurtz’s Sword, Mighty Longsword because I think it’s awesome, but that’s just me...
Gillian
Posted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 7:09 am
New Lurtz Sword is great, but there is one big problem with it. Twiglight cost of his new sword is 3. So for 10 Twiglight you have 1 fierce, damage +1, 15-16 strenght minion.
Many cultures have companion who can deal with him. Treebeard is strenght 12, and have Pallando, Allatar, Flame of arnor, Look to my coming, G for grand. Eleindil have Narsil, many atifacts, horse, maybee Pallando,maybee pumps or fortifications. Durin kills him in first fight. Ringbound Hobbits wouldn’t give 10 pool until third region, and then there is mithrill coat no wisitors combo. Smeagol will maybee newer give 10 pool. Archery, and wound fellowship can easy deal with him.
That is too many situations in which he can achive nothing for me to play him. If sword would cost 1 that would be different situation.
LeoKula
Posted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 8:54 am
yeah, you’re right. He is really a twilight eater. Not mentioning that he would be the first pick for stupid ithilien blades...

Anyway, in casual play, if the FP player cannot manage to outstrength him in region 3, you have 4 wounds and 6 exertions on the fellowship,,, or imagine playing violent hurl in a skirmish, that would be nasty...
Gillian
Posted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 10:07 am
I agree he can make disaster. But I think card designers made mistake with cost 3 for sword. If sword cost 1 Lurtz and sword combo would be 8, and that is 1 more than Castamir with Halebard.
If Lurtz would be toil 1, than he would really be perfected.
LeoKula
Posted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 10:59 am
Yeah, it seems like the new uruks are always one step away from being a tier 1 culture... althought I don’t give a f*** about tiers, but they don’t see a lot of play in tournaments... actually they don’t see any, I guess... not that I heard of.
borysgt
Posted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:49 am
My vision of new Uruk-Hai - what do you think?

Shadow (35)

Minions:
4 x Ugluk, Ugly Fellow
2 x Sentry Uruk
1 x Sentry Uruk (FOIL)
3 x Mauhur, Relentless Hunter
3 x Saruman, Agent of the Dark Lord
3 x White Hand Guard
2 x White Hand Vanquisher
1 x Covetous Uruk
1 x Searching Uruk
1 x Following Uruk